What is the greatest puzzle game ever?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
dukman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What is the greatest puzzle game ever?

Post by dukman »

The greatest puzzle game ever I think would be; Devil dice (psx)
It was hard, fun, easy to get into and supported up to 4 people.

Honorable mentions to:
Tetris
puzzle fighter
Agree or disagree I dare thee too?
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

its Tetris... theres not even anything else close... good non tetris puzzle games include columns, bust a move, Mr Driller, Puyo-Puyo and Puzzle Fighter... but its still Tetris.
Wagh (Original)
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wagh (Original) »

Dr. Robotnics Mean Bean Machine. I played that everyday when I was in 5th grade... Gawd I miss SegaChannel
Oz
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Oz »

I think Wetrix for the dreamcast was a true underdog. Once I figured out a strategy that worked well, it became very addicting.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

I'd have to say that LoLo for the NES was a great puzzle game.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Tetris Attack on SNES was good. I'm also a Bust-a-Move fan. But oldschool Tetris is easily the best. Speaking of Tetris...anybody played Tetrinet? It's free, it's fun with friends over the internet, and it works good with virtualy any internet connection. :D
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Vlad Tepes wrote:Tetris Attack on SNES was good. I'm also a Bust-a-Move fan. But oldschool Tetris is easily the best. Speaking of Tetris...anybody played Tetrinet? It's free, it's fun with friends over the internet, and it works good with virtualy any internet connection. :D
nope, haven't played tetrinet.. got a link?
iam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by iam »

bust-a-move has always been my favorite, had some great 4 player tournaments(in teams of 2 tho, cuz i don't think it has 4 player support[atleast not the one i player]). It's strangely addicting. I also like mean bean machine and columns, never really tetris tho, strangely enough.
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

i like tetris its a great game
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Tetris Attack on the SNES (Or Pok?mon Puzzle challenge on the GBC, the same but with pok?mon on it)

If ANYONE wants to play online with me on Zsnes, PM me, and I'll beat ya on Tetris Attack ;) I rule at that game :)

I renember before when everyone at school bought their gameboys into school to play link up Tetris, I won all the time tho ;)
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Baku Baku Animal for the Saturn is my favourite puzzle game although I'm not a big puzzle game fan.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

404NotFound wrote:
Vlad Tepes wrote:Tetris Attack on SNES was good. I'm also a Bust-a-Move fan. But oldschool Tetris is easily the best. Speaking of Tetris...anybody played Tetrinet? It's free, it's fun with friends over the internet, and it works good with virtualy any internet connection. :D
nope, haven't played tetrinet.. got a link?
Right here :D
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD »

Ok I remember this NES puzzle game frome way back. A breakout clone. You were this guy trapped in the dungen by a king or something (I vaguely remember the story) and you have to try to get out. I think you are even the little man and you run with the little paddle thing at the bottom of the screen. That was fun.
It's all About the Pentiums!!!
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

tetris is definitly the greatest puzzle game ever, and so addictive. So is dcQuad for Dreamcast :D
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

As many people have already said, Tetris on the Gameboy is the greatest puzzle game ever.
I recently tried 'tetanus on drugs' (I think that is what it is called) which is a homebrew tetris game for the GBA and I thought it was really good (download the GBA emulator & this game to see for yourself)

Other noteworthy puzzle games are:

Baku Baku Animal - Saturn (2nd only to tetris)
Super Puzzle Fighter
Mr Driller 1 or 2

There are a few others but I can't think of them just now :?
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Tetris, Mr Driller and Minesweeper
Big Time
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Big Time »

What about Dr. Mario??? Maybe it ain't too hot on one player, but head-to-head kills!! Far better than Tetris 2.

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I'm also a huge fan of Pipe Dreams for NES :o . When I first got that game, I played for hours at a time. To this day, I'll pick it up for old times' sake.
Guizzy's dead soul
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Guizzy's dead soul »

Puyo Puyo's my favorite. As much as I like Tetris, Puyo Puyo's multiplayer is just more exciting than Tetris's.

I think (I'm not sure) that I read somewhere that Robotnik Mean Bean Machine was just the American remake of Puyo Puyo; can anyone confirm this?
iam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by iam »

Guizzy's dead soul wrote:Puyo Puyo's my favorite. As much as I like Tetris, Puyo Puyo's multiplayer is just more exciting than Tetris's.

I think (I'm not sure) that I read somewhere that Robotnik Mean Bean Machine was just the American remake of Puyo Puyo; can anyone confirm this?
can't confirm, but now that you mention it they are very alike. first time i played puoy puoy the first thing i thought of was dr robotnik's mean bean machine.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Guizzy's dead soul wrote:Puyo Puyo's my favorite. As much as I like Tetris, Puyo Puyo's multiplayer is just more exciting than Tetris's.

Yes, it is the American remake of Puyo Puyo. Sega of America decided to get rid of the Arle Nadja story and put in all the sonic characters instead. The game really rocks, I have to agree.