Background checks?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Background checks?

Post by FETUS »

Anyone know a good background check service. Theres someone I need to check up on.
wes1406
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by wes1406 »

try http://www.zabasearch.com

you can search for anyone for free, but you have to pay 20 bucks for the background check.

oh, US only as well..
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

you can buy a computer program at sams club that will do it. It sells for 49 bucks and runs 14 each back ground after the first free one
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Wait, in the US you can search for anybody and get a company to background check anybody you want?

Seriously, have you guys ever heard of the word privacy? I bet toilets in the US come with an ass-cam and a Time Square big-screen TV hookup.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

The clinton admin did away with a lot of privacy, but I guess the old saying goes "If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about"
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

BoneyCork wrote:Wait, in the US you can search for anybody and get a company to background check anybody you want?

Seriously, have you guys ever heard of the word privacy? I bet toilets in the US come with an ass-cam and a Time Square big-screen TV hookup.
And background checks are used for revealing pseudo-public information anyway: past addresses, past job history, convictions and felonies, etc.
No signature.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Ah well, convictions and felonies arent public info in the UK
OldSkoolGamer
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by OldSkoolGamer »

BoneyCork wrote:Ah well, convictions and felonies arent public info in the UK
Sometimes knowing about your neighbors is a good thing. Take the state of Illinois in USA for example. Here is information from a page from the "Illinois State Police Sex Offender Information" website.
State of Illinois Registered Sex Offender
Name: **I deleted the name-OSG**
Date of Birth: 5/14/1957
Height: 6 ft. 04 in.
Weight: 220 lbs.
Race: W
Sex: M
Address: 5417 N L***Rest of street deleted-OSG***
City: MCHENRY
State: IL
Zip Code: 60050
Sexual Predator
Victim under the age of 18
Crimes:
AGGRAVATED CRIMINAL SEXUAL ABUSE/VICTIM 13-16
CRIMINAL SEXUAL ASSAULT
The page tells if he is being compliant with the sex offenders program, gives a color picture, and if their address is an apartment it will give you the apartment number.

It may cost these people their privacy, but it may also save women and children from possible sexual assault.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/
wes1406
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by wes1406 »

OldSkoolGamer wrote: It may cost these people their privacy, but it may also save women and children from possible sexual assault.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/
Agreed
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I agree with that much.

But the general UK view on these things is once your a punished for something, it should be pretty much forgotten about. Because you have served your punishment.
And if the police are giving you info on sex offenders under the provision that they may do it again, then that means the police are essentially admitting that the legal system doesnt work, and they are incapable of punishing people properly, because they arent being dettered from doing it again.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

We have somewhat of a punish for the act then rehabiltate what made you do it in the first place program here.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

BoneyCork wrote:I agree with that much.

But the general UK view on these things is once your a punished for something, it should be pretty much forgotten about. Because you have served your punishment.
And if the police are giving you info on sex offenders under the provision that they may do it again, then that means the police are essentially admitting that the legal system doesnt work, and they are incapable of punishing people properly, because they arent being dettered from doing it again.
I don't think many of the people who do crimes of nature can really be treated or punished in a way that will prevent them from doing it again. There is just something in their psychology, genetics or a combo of both that drives them to do that sort of thing. Of course, perhaps the shame of having everyone know might deter some.

And one other reply is essentially correct; most of what you can get from these services you could have gotten before with a little more difficulty. I'm sure employers use it all of the time. Of course, anything you have posted on the net is for public display. There are search engines out there that can find anything you have ever posted.
Boshi
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Boshi »

Flaccid FETUS wrote:We have somewhat of a punish for the act then rehabiltate what made you do it in the first place program here.
the united states is more interested in punishment than rehabilitation.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

The problem I have is in the US, once you've commited a crime like say theft, it becomes much harder to get a job when you get out... The problem I have with this should be obvious.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

Lartrak wrote:
The problem I have is in the US, once you've commited a crime like say theft, it becomes much harder to get a job when you get out... The problem I have with this should be obvious.
When you got that conviction you've shown your character, if you opt yourself into a re-habilitation program and do a good job at it someone will be more then happy to vouch for you.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

See the whole ethos in the Uk is that your punishment, is your rehabilitation.

If somebody gets convicted for theft, how can you expect him not to do it again, if he is now unable to get any sort of decent job?

I admit, most people probably will reoffend anyway, and that the rehabilitation programs over here dont work well at all. But the actual principle of "forgive and forget" after punishment is a lot better than sending criminals up shit creek without a paddle. Theyll be back behind bars in no time, and its unfair on those few who do see the error of their ways and want to really make something worthwhile of their life, but are hindered by past mistakes.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

Over here we realize the importance of rehabilitation and have plenty of programs open for that reason alone, many will drastically reduce or completely do away with jail time, but you as the offender have to opt yourself into them. We believe in rehab as much as any other country, but we also have a strong sense of justice on top of that.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Flaccid FETUS wrote:We believe in rehab as much as any other country, but we also have a strong sense of justice on top of that.
Interesting what countries in the world still have a death penalty.

http://t2web.amnesty.r3h.net/pages/deat ... ntries-eng

Justice != Vengeance

The US finds itself in the fine company of Libya, Iran, Iraq, Sierra Leone, North Korea, and Rwanda.

It's also probably worth mentioning the international human rights treaties forbidding executing minors, which are also ignored by the USA.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

well, Ive lived in the US my entire life and have never heard of any state executing a minor. do you have a link? Im very interested in which state, and what year was a minor executed for something.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Since January 1990 Amnesty International has documented 39 executions of child offenders in eight countries? the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, the USA, China and Yemen. The USA carried out 19 executions ? more than any other country.
http://t2web.amnesty.r3h.net/pages/deat ... ildren-eng