Top-loading NES system. Is it real?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jessman »

It (sorta) says the games that are built in if you click the first link at the top. I (think) the seven games include Tiny Toons 1 and Double Dragon 1. Not sure though.

Anyways, I don't want another official NES because simply inserting a game into the original system ruins how well it works over time and I'm NOT paying $280 for an unopened OFFICIAL top loader. I never buy used systems unless I have to, and even USED official top loaders cost almost $200!

Now do you understand why I want a clone?

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

... what does it matter if its "real" .... it's obviously not Nintendo liscensed, but it will play NES games. The chips inside the NES were not complicated at all, and all these 'clones' have popped up.

So sit down, shut up, and play your NES games... just hide that console because its fugly.

As for getting your rating back up... hrm... buy more stuff on ebay?
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

What is done is done. Follow through and pony up and stop obsessing. When you get it, let us know if it works.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Why the hell do you bid and win and then ask the questions? You're a sellers nightmare.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

It's not a Nintendo product, just look at the controllers. But there was a top loading gold nintendo I believe. It was freakin awsome, worked like a charm.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

Ahhh, finally they updated their site with FAQs
Q: Is the Generation NEX a clone (NOAC) or does it have all of the components of an actual NES inside?
A: NEX is a clone and cannot use the actual NES IC because it is not licensed by Nintendo. (see next)

Q: Does it contain custom ICs, or is it based around the NOAC [NES-on-a-chip] that most "clone" consoles are based around?
A: Our IC is a custom designed IC that is built on the NES algorithm. Every attention to detail has been spent on compatibility.
Hope that means something to ya.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Jessman: Those are both actual NES-On-A-Chip based knockoffs. Pay the man his money, do it fast, help fix your rating, and enjoy playing NES games again.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

jessman, why the hell do you continue to come here?
It's thinking...
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Not like he's going to pay for it anyway.
Very sexy hero, omg
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

MulletMan. Heh. Your Av is from "Rejected", right? rofl.

You're right guys. I'm sorry. I should prolly be banned from Off-topic because I usually flood it with crap. It's mainly this area of DCEMU where I won't shut up. I'll type something and not even think twice about what it is I'm saying. When I read later what I said, I too, end up wanting to bitch-slap myself. You're all right. I won it. I WILL pay for it, and I'll tell you guys how good it is. Sorry, alright?

<^_^>
Sicario
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by Sicario »

its real but those controllers look like they will break in aminute
Fyifa Is In Love With Drajjia?
Drajjia is so drugs with Fyifa?

-Can I screw your nephew?
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Hong Kong. Nearly every pirated thing comes from Hong Kong or mainland China.
Or Taiwan.

But anyway, I wouldn't ever buy one of those famiclones because they have godawful controllers and use a non-standard pinout. Well, it is standard, but it's the same 9-pin configuration the Genesis and Atari series use, not the NES standard.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Lartrak wrote:But anyway, I wouldn't ever buy one of those famiclones because they have godawful controllers and use a non-standard pinout. Well, it is standard, but it's the same 9-pin configuration the Genesis and Atari series use, not the NES standard.
This is one of the only things I don't like. I mean, how's a guy supposed to play Duck Hunt or use the Power Pad? Grrrrr. Oh well. As long as it works, lol.

<^_^>
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

jessman wrote:
Lartrak wrote:But anyway, I wouldn't ever buy one of those famiclones because they have godawful controllers and use a non-standard pinout. Well, it is standard, but it's the same 9-pin configuration the Genesis and Atari series use, not the NES standard.
This is one of the only things I don't like. I mean, how's a guy supposed to play Duck Hunt or use the Power Pad? Grrrrr. Oh well. As long as it works, lol.
You're supposed to think of these things BEFORE you bid.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

jessman wrote:I just want to play NES games for a change without huffing and wiggling the damn thing!

P.S. Did you know that putting NES games in the freezer for a half-hour or more helps eliminate stress when it comes to blowing in the game paks? I know it prolly damages the games, but I've done it for years without issues. Either that, or a more safe way is taking a Q-Tip covered in Windex and swabbing the connection area of the cartridges until the cotton comes out clean.
DON'T blow on the cartridges. That gets moisture & crap on the connections, and will eventually ruin the game.

And I'd use rubbing alcohol rather than Windex, but Windex might be fine.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Godfearing greay wrote:DON'T blow on the cartridges. That gets moisture & crap on the connections, and will eventually ruin the game.
While that makes sense in theory, I've had my NES games for 20 years now and I've had an NES hooked up almost the entire time, save a couple of years inbetween while it went into storage, and they've been blown on like mad - they all still work just fine.

Though you did say eventually. I guess eventually could mean over 20 years. :wink:
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

There is a way to make official NES controllers work on famiclones. I have made them for mine and they work like a charm. You just need to buy a DB9 plug, and reconnect in the proper order and you have a official NES controller working on a clone. Ill post a link when I get home.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Isopropyl Alcohol. Good for cleaning cartridges and the insides of controllers.
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

your best way to get your feedback up is to buy a bunch of cheap things (nes games, or stuff like that) and pay for them quick to get possitive feedback.

you couldve emailed ebay or opened up a complaint about the seller where ebay reviews the "case"....it actually work's. my dad bought a signed stones album. paid for it, and after he sent out a money order a bunch of people gave him negative feedback for not shipping. what he was doing was if he didnt get more then 60$ for a signed record, he didnt ship it, and there were/are like 10 of these. the funny thing is this is back in the middle of april, and on the 23 of june we get a message on the complaint "thread" that "i finally got the payment, have no idea why it took so long to get ot me but you should get your record soon, and possitive feedback is always appreciated"....but, the best part is 4 days after sending the money order out, he got feedback from the guy saying quick payment and excellent to deal with.

ebay isnt as safe as it was....it's too easy to get ripped off now.

but as for that system, you should be fine with playing your US nes games, since it comes with the 72 pin converter. the only ting i dont like about it is you cant use any of the official nes controllers...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods