ljsdcdev Engine 0.9.1

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

ljsdcdev Engine 0.9.1

Post by BlueCrab »

Well, its been a few days, and it seems not many have taken notice, so, I figured I'd announce that I've released version 0.9.1 of the ljsdcdev Engine and ljsdcdev Demo 8. This version has some interesting features for anyone interested, but I'm not gonna go into them right now. Anyway, I've released Dreamcast binaries of it and sourcecode that can be compiled on the Dreamcast, Linux, MacOS X, and Windows. I'll release binaries for these platforms as I get the time.

You can get it at my website: http://www.ljsdcdev.net/ .

Feel free to comment on it. I'm looking for any comments of any type. (Praise, bugs, criticism (as long as you're nice about it), etc.).
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Good for you. It's great to see that you finally got this version out that you've been worrying over fo so long =).

I'll check out the windows version as soon as a binary is released.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'm probably gonna release the Windows binary in a few days.

I've actually started doing some "fun" programming, as a little break from ljsdcdev.... So, gimme a few days to get this whole "fun" thing out of my system :)

*Note: "fun" = the kind of programming one does when starting a new project, at least in this case.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

downloaded, currently burning. as always, good work.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Bluest BlueCrab wrote:I'm probably gonna release the Windows binary in a few days.

I've actually started doing some "fun" programming, as a little break from ljsdcdev.... So, gimme a few days to get this whole "fun" thing out of my system :)

*Note: "fun" = the kind of programming one does when starting a new project, at least in this case.
Ha, I know the "fun" feeling. It's mini-depressing moment in a personal project when you say to yourself, "hey, this beginning to feel more like work." But you've gotta keep going, or what was the point of starting, right? (self-motivating words from scherzo to scherzo in regards to NesterDC SE)
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Been thanked: 0

Post by Arqueiro »

nice work BlueCrab!
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

This is an awesome release BlueCrab. While I haven't tried it out yet, this is bound to gain a large fan base. After all, there's a large fan base for RPGS, and giving the DC scene a chance to create their own games using this engine is a great move.

I've looked at the screenshots on your website and they are looking great. I look forward to seeing what story you plan to write for your own RPG game, we'll all be keeping a close eye on this project.

Overall, thank you for the time and effort that you've put into this project. We look forward to your future achievements! :D
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Green Ranger wrote:This is an awesome release BlueCrab. While I haven't tried it out yet, this is bound to gain a large fan base. After all, there's a large fan base for RPGS, and giving the DC scene a chance to create their own games using this engine is a great move.

I've looked at the screenshots on your website and they are looking great. I look forward to seeing what story you plan to write for your own RPG game, we'll all be keeping a close eye on this project.

Overall, thank you for the time and effort that you've put into this project. We look forward to your future achievements! :D
:!:
Insane homebrew collector.