Anyone watching F1 now?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone watching F1 now?

Post by Joestar »

lol what a disaster, all michelin drivers (7 teams, 14 cars) have quit due to safety issues and only the bridgestone drivers are racing (3 teams, 6 cars)!

feel sorry for the crowds that are watching cos they don't know what the hell is going on.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Watched it all the way through with a mate, brundle's (commentater for those that dont know & ex driver) made us laugh our asses off near the end when he said
If Micheal does his victory jump on the podium I'm going to punch him
(we suspect the comment may not have been meant to go out, either that or he was as mad as the rest of us) one of the funniest things about the entire race today. The only other things of note were beer cans being thrown onto the track, just missing barichello, & the ferraris nearly hittin each other, oh how I woulda laughed at that as it woulda meant a Minardi driver on the podium. Overall though a bloody farce, hell even the commentaters & a few drivers & team bosses described it as a farce & I have to agree with them. Soo many cars goin into the garages at the end of the parade lap, surely the US grand prix is on life support after this?
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

just heard about it, didnt watch the race though

this kind of sucks, but at least or own driver christian albers now has 3 more WC points :D
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
mattcky666
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Anyone watching F1 now?

Post by mattcky666 »

Jigoku wrote: feel sorry for the crowds that are watching cos they don't know what the hell is going on.
they must of paid loads just to attend and for what? 6 cars going around the track 70+ times.
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

I don't blame the drivers.
/WhtCastle
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

I wouldn't have raced with possibly dodgy tires either. I was sure the race was going to be posponed or at least substitute tires brought in. I can't believe it actually went ahead :? Bizarre...
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

If I was in the crowd I would have demanded a refund.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

CoasterKing wrote:I wouldn't have raced with possibly dodgy tires either. I was sure the race was going to be posponed or at least substitute tires brought in. I can't believe it actually went ahead :? Bizarre...
i think the new rules state that you can't change the tires, except in certain situations. Don't ask me what these 'situations' are since they change the rules like every year and it's always confusing :?

The teams asked for an extra chicane to be put in the final corner to lower the average speed of the track, but for some reason they didn't. And it wasn't like they only found out about the problem in the last minute, could have done it hours before the race.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Ugh what a joke. Even though I support Ferrari that was the worst race of the year
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Michelin have been using very low-safety-margin tires the entire season and it's given some teams the edge over Ferrari. Now on this track the Michelin tires are too dangerous to even drive on and Ferrari deserve to take the points.

But then there's the issue of entertainment value and the crowd having paid good money to see a show. I think the only possible alternative was to put that chicane in and have the Michelin teams race, but be excluded from scoring points. I think that was actually proposed. It's unclear to me why that option was rejected. Maybe they felt having 14 cars on-track with nothing to lose or to gain might lead to dangerous situations. Still, it seems to me that that would have been the best solution.
"Nothing works" - Catweazle
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Darksaviour69 »

Michelin have been using very low-safety-margin tires the entire season and it's given some teams the edge over Ferrari. Now on this track the Michelin tires are too dangerous to even drive on and Ferrari deserve to take the points.
thats just hear-say, Michelin and Bridgestone build there tires completely different ways, thats why Bridgestone had no problems (in other tracks Bridgestone were the ones in trouble, while Michelin had no problem, but it was never this bad)

the reason Michelin have the edge this year overall is because the FIA change the tyre rules very late last year (4 tyres has to last the whole race, while last year u could change them as many times as u want). Ferrari are the only team that can test Bridgestone's tyrs properly (jordan and Minardi don't have the money for it) but Michelin have 7 team testing there tyres. that extra testing have give them the edge.

also many people (that know there stuff) say that the Ferrari car is still a bit behind McLaren, Renault (Toyota? ) not include the tyres.

i blame Michelin, for causeing the problem, but i'm really pissed off at the FIA, they could/should have done something, but there is a reall power struggle in F1 at the mo and FIA i tying to show whos boss.... at the expense of the fans, that will back fire on them (also i blame Ferrari a little , all other 9 teams agreed on a solution).

but as Phantom said, the Michelin runners offered to race, with them excluded from the points, but the FIA rejected that! The FIA are a joke now! i say bring on the GPWC!
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Lazy Lunchbox wrote:If I was in the crowd I would have demanded a refund.
Many did as they were walking out only a little way into the 'race'
Jigoku wrote:
CoasterKing wrote:I wouldn't have raced with possibly dodgy tires either. I was sure the race was going to be posponed or at least substitute tires brought in. I can't believe it actually went ahead :? Bizarre...
i think the new rules state that you can't change the tires, except in certain situations. Don't ask me what these 'situations' are since they change the rules like every year and it's always confusing :?
If a tyre is dangerous then the teams allowed to change it, the problem is that in bringing a whole new set for everyone changing them would've broken 5 regulations about the tyres & what they can do, not that it woulda mattered as the ones they brought to replace the dodgy ones were no good either it turns out
Jigoku wrote:The teams asked for an extra chicane to be put in the final corner to lower the average speed of the track, but for some reason they didn't. And it wasn't like they only found out about the problem in the last minute, could have done it hours before the race.
True enough but they kept on discussin it right up to the start of the race, god knows why, & the FIA rejected the idea of putting in the chicane. Theres a fair bit on it at the bbc site here's one bit
Veteran British driver David Coulthard - long a beacon of sense in a sport flooded with people with an over-inflated sense of their own importance - cut to the heart of the issue.

"I have no words to describe how damaging this is for F1. I am sick in the stomach to be part of this," the Scot told BBC Radio Five Live after seven of the 10 teams pulled out of the race because Michelin could not guarantee the safety of its tyres.

"That mature adults were not able to put on a show for everybody is very sad."
The above link has a shot of the 'grid' just before the 'race' proper started & its a total ghost town. Didnt know wether to laugh, cry or do both really. This page has some of Paul Stoddarts reactions to it & links to some interviews with Paul Stoddart, Max Mosley & Sir Jackie Stewart. It truly was a joke & not a good one

Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

man, if only bridgestone was right there offering all seven teams some bridgestone tyres, that would have been one hell of a stunt
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

DrFreeze wrote:man, if only bridgestone was right there offering all seven teams some bridgestone tyres, that would have been one hell of a stunt
the ugsp would not let the teams switch tires because of a lame "one set of tires per weekend" rule

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/r ... tebook.ap/
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

I half expected some of the lower teams cars at least to pull into the jordan, ferrari or minardi pit area & say 'lend us some tyres mate?'

Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Hawq wrote:I half expected some of the lower teams cars at least to pull into the jordan, ferrari or minardi pit area & say 'lend us some tyres mate?'
that would break about 8 different rules, not to mention a tyre contract. The FIA weren't willing to let them break the rules either, if they did, they would be excluded.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

there is only one reason why anyone watches racing... crashes

if one of the michelan teams raced crashed imaging all the photos that would be taken

the sponsers would love it :wink:

i love crashes :lol:
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Prophet][ wrote:
Hawq wrote:I half expected some of the lower teams cars at least to pull into the jordan, ferrari or minardi pit area & say 'lend us some tyres mate?'
that would break about 8 different rules, not to mention a tyre contract. The FIA weren't willing to let them break the rules either, if they did, they would be excluded.
Humour, look it up & install some

Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Impeccable ian wrote:there is only one reason why anyone watches racing... crashes

if one of the michelan teams raced crashed imaging all the photos that would be taken

the sponsers would love it :wink:

i love crashes :lol:
No, thats just American racing, because everybody just drives in a banked oval.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

wow, the FIA are blaming the 7 teams.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm