Next Mario game will appear on Nintendo's next-gen console

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Next Mario game will appear on Nintendo's next-gen console

Post by HomerCIDAL »

Gamespot just reported that the true sequel to Super Mario 64, rumored to be titled 128 Marios, will be headed to the next-gen system. You can check the interview and report about it here!
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

If they were smart, Nintendo would bundle it with the revolution; that will surely sell some units!!!

It looks as if the cube is slowly dying. The new Zelda game will surely be the last hurrah from Nintendo, and third party support has already been dwindling. And great third party titles like re4 are too little too late, imo.
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

If they were even smarter, Nintendo would allow a number of downloads for a limited time immediately following the release of the system. For those looking to get a new system and the ability to play legacy games, this would be a real incentive to early adoption of the system. Sell 1st party titles with a code to download more titles to spare you the cost of the downloads and you have a killer distribution setup for systems and 1st party software.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

no if they was really smart they would gain attention to a wider audience by releasing mario 128 with system along with mario kart with system for racing fans, metroid prime for it for fps fans and people who want more audlt like violent gaming. and toss in an online tetris or a pokemon puzzle league update for puzzle fans.

that wpuld make a great set all games online with exception to mario 128 unless they hadd multiplayer to it either the mario kart or pop in supersmash bros :) sell system for 199
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

buy 5 games get the system free
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

/me waits for Nyar to post.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

AFAIK Nintendo has never bundled their systems with more than a game or two and maybe a fancy controller.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

gamedudex2 wrote:no if they was really smart they would gain attention to a wider audience by releasing mario 128 with system along with mario kart with system for racing fans, metroid prime for it for fps fans and people who want more audlt like violent gaming. and toss in an online tetris or a pokemon puzzle league update for puzzle fans.

that wpuld make a great set all games online with exception to mario 128 unless they hadd multiplayer to it either the mario kart or pop in supersmash bros :) sell system for 199
Since the rev will be backwards compatible with most of those games, I think they should make these old classics like mario kart dd online enabled. They owe us that, I think for not doing it the first time around.
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

gamedudex2 wrote:no if they was really smart they would gain attention to a wider audience by releasing mario 128 with system along with mario kart with system for racing fans, metroid prime for it for fps fans and people who want more audlt like violent gaming. and toss in an online tetris or a pokemon puzzle league update for puzzle fans.

And to make sure they were the smartest of all and to ensure they would not go broke giving away all of their software, they would not hire you for their marketing analyst of product and merchandising manager!

Are you kidding? I hope you are...giving away 5 games would be suicide for the company. I can see one and the consumer can decide on which one they get packed in with the system, but not all of them at once! Too costly for Nintendo and not strategically prudent.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

AuroEdge wrote:AFAIK Nintendo has never bundled their systems with more than a game or two and maybe a fancy controller.
Unless the Mario All Stars pack counts, 4 games in that one, later 5 when mario world was added. Besides we all know that the rev will launch with no game bundled then later mario will be bundled with it as it has been & ever will be with nintendo home systems
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Pack in new games was such a great idea back in the SNES/Genesis days... it really helped moving systems...

The Mario All Stars pack really sealed the deal for a SNES for me (well I did all ready have a Genesis), and it made me purchase the system even though I probably wouldnt have otherwise.

Sure the development costs of that game are up there, but if its an in house game, it's all the same company, and it plants a large user base at the beginning. Plus if none of the other systems have a pack in game, then it makes it look that much better.

Curse the PSX for killing the era of pack in games... a trend that Nintendo then followed.... :(

Unless the PSX came with a game? I believe at first it only came with a cheesy demo disc... correct me if Im wrong.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Far as I can recall it always only had a demo disc with it, the demo's changed over the years but that was it, it was more sony followin nintendo though really as the n64 had mario bundled eventually. I still recall that t-rex demo with the psx now its almost painfull to think it was state of the art stuff in the day

HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

MulletMan13 wrote:Curse the PSX for killing the era of pack in games... a trend that Nintendo then followed.... :(

Unless the PSX came with a game? I believe at first it only came with a cheesy demo disc... correct me if Im wrong.
You're not wrong in thinking that of the PSX. It did not come with a game, but it did come with a demo disc, something that was actually started by Sega with the Saturn. Also, if you really think about it, the highest price a Nintendo system has been released at was the N64 for $250. That is $50 less than the PSX at it's release as well as the PS2. That $50 difference is enough to purchase a game of your choice and Nintendo has routinely kept it's prices closer to $200 rather than $250 for a new system.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Sacrilicious Smiley wrote:If they were smart, Nintendo would bundle it with the revolution; that will surely sell some units!!!
Do you really think so? I think its pretty clear thatthe vast majority of the game smarket are people who think gaming didn't exist before the Playstation, and don't really give a crap about 'kiddy mario'.

As for the GC dying, the GC is the only current gen platform that still has big-name titles to be excited about coming out this gen; MS are fairly blatantly shifting their entire focus towards the Xbox 360 (very understandable given the huge losses Xbox is causing them; it is very much in their interest to see the Xbox dead ASAP), and Sony seem to be spending all of their marketing dollars on the PSP at the moment, and pimping PS3 renders to start the hype early.

Nintendos next console likely wont be out until 2007, which is why they are still having AAA GC titles released - although I have noticed the lack of upcoming GBA titles of interest in favour of the DS, which undermines their whole 'DS is not a rival to the GBA, it is a companion' stance.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Disappointing but at least I still have Odama, Fire Emblem & Zelda to look forward too.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

after how much of a let down Sunshine and mario 64 were I don't care anymore.
Giving H-E-A-D head
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Mario 64 a letdown? are you allergic to full 3d worlds? or did you mean to type mario 64DS?

Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Hawq wrote:Mario 64 a letdown? are you allergic to full 3d worlds? or did you mean to type mario 64DS?
Mario 64 wasn't fun. AT ALL.
Giving H-E-A-D head
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Well its always nice to meet a differant opinion I suppose & thats the first time I've met that one

Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Hawq wrote:Well its always nice to meet a differant opinion I suppose & thats the first time I've met that one
lol. I think i'm the only person that thinks this.
Giving H-E-A-D head