Batman Begins

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Batman Begins

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I saw it last night, and I have to say, I really liked it. I wasn't too sure about it at first, as it seemed to have a rather fragmented beginning, but everything fell into place. Has anybody else seen it? Opinions?
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

I haven't, but I'm curious as to who the villian is in this one. The only one I can think of that hasn't been in a previous movie is The Scarecrow.
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

Amazing.

I went to see it in IMax yesterday but 30 minutes after when it was supposed to start they said the IMax projector was broken so they're going to play it on 35mm and give everyone a free movie pass good for anything, inc IMax.
I think I'm going to see it again today, really in IMax.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Yeah. It's him...though...this movie completely ignores all the past movies. It just pretends they never existed. I guess since the last two Batman movies were so horrible, they just decided to scrap that whole series and start over. I'm glad they did, because this movie makes Batman a much more 3D character with a much more developed past. It makes his actions as Batman much more logical than in past movies.

(slight spoiler)
. The sequal (they set it up for one) will include a previously movie-ized villian, which should be quite interesting.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

I'd say this is probably the best batman movie I've seen (Including the old school, campy batman movie) and the way they handle Scarecrow is sweet as heck.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

What? begins is better than a slightly plump batman running down a dock with a large bomb with 'Bomb' written on it? :lol: the thought of that still cracks me up
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

This one seems more sinister and dark than the others. I haven't seen it, but definitely will...along with War of the Worlds!
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

It was really good. My girlfriend even liked it and she hates comic book movies. Word going around is that in the next batman either mark hamill, or crispen glover will be the joker. Crispen glover would be awesome, but hamill already voiced joker for the cartoon series so I think he might do OK also.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Vlad Tepes wrote:...this movie completely ignores all the past movies. It just pretends they never existed. I guess since the last two Batman movies were so horrible, they just decided to scrap that whole series and start over.
It's Batman Begins. It's the origin story, right? So, of course they're free to ignore the past movies, because they haven't happened yet.

Is it actually based on Year One? I seem to remember hearing that.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

The new Batman cartoon that is airing on wb is better than the old cartoons as well.

Anyway, I wasn't a big fan of any of the batman movies after Batman Returns. IMO, they should have brought Tim Burton back to direct the newer movies; he did a decent job before.....

Why did they feel that have to retell the story of how and why Bruce Wayne became Batman? Don't we all know that by now from both the first movie and the comics?

Regardless, I will prolly go to see; looks interesting.....
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Sacrilicious Smiley wrote: Why did they feel that have to retell the story of how and why Bruce Wayne became Batman? Don't we all know that by now from both the first movie and the comics?

Because this movie goes into much more detail about how Bruce Wayne became Batman. They even explain why he chose to be a bat, which I thought was interesting, and gave the actual character much more meaning. They show everything from how he came across the "bat cave" to how he came in posession of so many neat little weapons. According to the first Tim Burton movie, Batman just wanted to avenge his parent's murder...and in the meantime...clean up the streets of Gotham. His motives aren't nearly as two dimentional in Batman Begins. He's an extremely well rounded character, and there's no way they could have protrayed him as such without retelling the story. I mean, half the movie is him becoming Batman. Batman doesn't even show himself until an hour into the movie.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

It doesn't completely ignore the other movies. Batman Begins is a Prequal to them, hence the title of the film. Batman Begins explains where Batman got his training, gadjets, batsign, batmobile, pretty much everything; although I don't know how it holds up to the comic books.

I really liked it BTW but I love the actor playing Batman, Christian Bale.

An intersting sidenote. For Bale's previous roll in The Machinest he played a character who hasnt slept in over a year. For the roll he dropped his natural body weight of 185 to 115, then back up to 185 again for Batman. Infact he only weighed 115 for the screen tests of Batman Begins aswell. I heard that during an NPR interview with him last week.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Sacrilicious Smiley wrote:The new Batman cartoon that is airing on wb is better than the old cartoons as well.

Anyway, I wasn't a big fan of any of the batman movies after Batman Returns. IMO, they should have brought Tim Burton back to direct the newer movies; he did a decent job before.....

Why did they feel that have to retell the story of how and why Bruce Wayne became Batman? Don't we all know that by now from both the first movie and the comics?

i think the new aniamted show is in year two of batman
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

[quote="JuddWack"]
I really liked it BTW but I love the actor playing Batman, Christian Bale.
quote]

wasnt he the guy from american pshyco?

saw it today, seemed more like a chick flick to me, noone really cares about batman for his emotion saga blah blah blah its all about the gagets and blantently homosexual relationship with robin, screw katie homes.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

ASCIIN wrote:saw it today, seemed more like a chick flick to me, noone really cares about batman for his emotion saga blah blah blah its all about the gagets and blantently homosexual relationship with robin, screw katie homes.
If no one cared about emotional saga in the industry ( comics ) There wouldn't be a marvel. There probably wouldn't even be dc. You sir are a moron.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

cant any one see how FUKKING stupid the new batmobile is??? :o

jesus christ is frikken sucks :x

http://www.1966batmobile.com/Ontheroad.jpg now tHAT is a batmobile :P
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

JuddWack wrote:It doesn't completely ignore the other movies. Batman Begins is a Prequal to them, hence the title of the film. Batman Begins explains where Batman got his training, gadjets, batsign, batmobile, pretty much everything; although I don't know how it holds up to the comic books.
Well, if it's a prequal...they did a really horrible job making the stories line up. For one thing, if Begins was a prequal, then Bruce Wayne's parents were killed by two different people...in two different locations, and...<SPOILER>...since the guy who killed them in Begins gets killed after he's released from prison, the whole connection that Batman has with the Joker in the first Burton movie is completely lost...and otherwise impossible.</SPOILER> If it was a prequal, it would have set things up to flow into the next movie, and it didn't do that. Also...<SPOILER AGAIN> at the end of Begins, it blatently hints that the next villian will be Joker. They said he was a bank robber that left cards behind...and in the Burton movie, the Joker wasn't a bank robber after he became Joker, and while he did have a "lucky deck", he never left his cards behind.</SPOILER> I just have a hard time believing they spent all that time and effor to keep the movie from having plotholes just to make a prequal that didn't even come close to lining things up for the original movies.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

It's certainly not a true Prequal. I may be mistaken but I believe none of the Batman movies are related to each other in anyway so it isn't really necesary for it to be a Prequal.

It is definitely supposed to be Batman's first adventure since his decision to be Batman, and explain how he came to that decision and what helped along the way, thereby setting it before his adventures in the other films
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Impeccable ian wrote:cant any one see how FUKKING stupid the new batmobile is??? :o

jesus christ is frikken sucks :x

http://www.1966batmobile.com/Ontheroad.jpg now tHAT is a batmobile :P
It's ugly as sin! Everytime I see it on tv or in the paper I wanna punch myself for it's ugliness! :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

JuddWack wrote:It's certainly not a true Prequal. I may be mistaken but I believe none of the Batman movies are related to each other in anyway so it isn't really necesary for it to be a Prequal.
Actually, the two Tim Burton movies were related. There's a scene in Returns with Michelle Pfeifer's character (not Catwoman) where Bruce Wayne gives her a breif rundown about why things didn't work out between him and Vicky Vale, from the first movie. Also, at the end of the first movie, he gives Gotham City a signal with which to contact him (the bat light thing). When things start getting bad in Returns, somebody says something like, "Turn on the signal!", referencing the fact that he gave them a signal at the end of the first movie. I know...it's a loose connection, but it's a connection none the less. :) Forever and Batman and Robin were so effin' terrible, so I didn't see either of them more than once, so I couldn't tell you if they had any connection...

Edit: Oh...and don't knock the Tumbler (new batmobile) until you've seen it in action. It may not be that pretty in pictures, but in a fight, I'd pick it over any other conceived Batmobile before it. The thing looks fun as hell to drive. And the fact that it can bust through concrete walls without a scratch is a plus too :D