gta sa (rant) (AND SPOILERS) (MARK ALL SPOILERS)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

gta sa (rant) (AND SPOILERS) (MARK ALL SPOILERS)

Post by ian »

i dont know weather to hate or love this game :?

the missions: while half are too easy some are spot on...

others make me want to rip the disk out of my drive and snap it burn the bits and runover the ashes :evil:

example: that lowrider mission my timing was perfect and i failed like 12 times.. wtf :evil:

(rant) the camera while cornering curves to the inside of the direction your turning so you can't see where the hell you're going. true the mouse can be used but when popping wheelies with my right hand this is hard :?

(rant) the soundtrack is bloody awful. the only good song is welcome to the jungle. but everything else is just noise, not a single radio station is listenable for more than 2 minutes.
this is a major bummer cause vice city had exellent music :?

(SPOILER) higlight:
praise i loved the fact they put in characters from both 3 and vice city
young people from 3 and oldies from vice city.. brilliant....

(END OF SPOILER)

(rant) i feel i was pushed out of los santos too early :?

(praise) The map... MY GOD IT HAS EVERYTHING AND IS HUGE 8-)

i've played for 30 hours so far and am only about 50% through and thats without side missions or much exploring or any of that other crap :P

on a side note my video card is too bad: lol
i have every thing on minimum settings to keep it smooth :lol:
and i have a problem with invisible people sometimes :lol:

but even with lowly vid setting it looks great 8-)

post your rant and praise
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

The x-box version of this game is so much better than the one for ps2, but that is pretty obvious. For me, I enjoyed every aspect of this game. I like that you can customize your ride like Need for Speed Underground, and even though the missions can get redundant, they are always fun nonetheless. And I love the 90's music featured in this game. However, I think that some of the trumped up lawsuits that have resulted from kids playing this game is rather funny. Even though the game is somewhat realistic, it is still just a game. And parents seriously need to stop blaming video games for their poor parenting abilities. Nuff said.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

Pablo wrote:I like that you can customize your ride like Need for Speed Underground.
i been spending too much on guns and property to have time for this yet

Pablo wrote:And I love the 90's music featured in this game.
well ok but there is too much shiite the artist that are actually good rockstar used their worst songs lol too much rap and not enough pop chart hits for me :wink:
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

ill try out the pc version once i get tired with BF2, which will probably be in two months or so, then ill play some GTA, and get back to BF2 :D

and my system shouldnt have any trouble with the graphics, so im sollid there, also i will not pick up the xbox version, simply because i hate GTA on consoles, i plyaed VC both on pc and xbox, and the pc version is far far superior
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Some of the textures and models (depending on how close to the camera) just make me wonder why there's nothing better. I don't think it's a graphic card issue, maybe just not enough effort from R*? Maybe I just expected too much from them this time around. :lol:

It's not bad. Enjoyable. Not worth the $90 I spent on it though. :x
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Stuck on the lowrider dancing game. Vegeta is right sometimes. :roll:
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Problems with lowrider dancing game?

Thats the mission where you get the lowrider for the first time then take it to the church and have a competition... correct?

If so I finished that one first try, thought it was pretty easy... this was the Xbox version though, so *shrugs*

As for the game, I dont care for the music, luckily xbox can do custom soundtracks.

Plus I really dont care for the language used... its kindof hard to play in a dorm setting with the n-bomb being unleashed so much.... =\

The map is giant... a plus in my book as I haven't even explored the entire area yet ... but the graphics need a giant overhaul, and it will come next gen.

.. sorry i'm on percocets and i just worked an 8 hour shift :(
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

the camera is awful on the pc version (i have not played it on ps2 or xbox)

gta vc ha d a betetr cam and aiming seemed better on vc
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

The concept of this game is brilliant, but the implementation is incredibly poor.

Gameplay mechanics are sometimes so ridiculous, it's not even funny. It feels like I'm playing a crappy NES game.

Graphics range from good to shockingly bad, and in this day and age, there's no excuse for it. And no, the "well, the game is huge" excuse just doesn't cut it anymore.

Music is good. This is after all, a game about the "thug life". So you can't really have Journey songs on it. These guys really know their music. Maybe if they spent as much time and effort on other aspects of the game, we would see some improvements.

As is stands, it's an uneven, broken experience. It owes a lot of its success to the violence and foul language that caters to impressionable kids. When the rest of the game catches up with its concept, it will be a great game. Right now it's just a good game. I still can't fathom why it gets such high scores from reviewers.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

I love this game, best GTA game ever, My gf finished it first then i finished it, some of the missions are dead hard but you just have to keep trying :wink: . the aiming is better then 3 and VC, and so is the rest of the controlls, anyone who thinks it's not should go back and plau VC or GTA3 and you will see, the gfx for a game of this scale is great imo (it could of been better) but hey it was made for the ps2 first and then ported so what do you expect?.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Beat the dancing game, and all of ryder's missions so far.

zero, where have you been since may? eircom problems again? :roll:
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

EvilN wrote:Beat the dancing game, and all of ryder's missions so far.

zero, where have you been since may? eircom problems again? :roll:
I moved house, now im in a much better town then before, so im not on much since im still waiting for my dsl connection to be turned on, and im sure you know how much eircoms dial up costs suck.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

But the "best" thing is that GTA: SA is the first game ever of this type to feature "naked lambada" when your man dates a gf and goes to "drink some coffee" @ ROFL , LOLSROYCE@

(this feature is hidden so well)
Oh,my....what have they done to this game? :)

wanna see the video? -> hXXp://gta***.com/streams/@@@coffee.wmv

OMG,please DELETE this! :-)

*** EDITED *** for your protection
Last edited by nakamichi on Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

Skynet wrote:Some of the textures and models just make me wonder why there's nothing better. I don't think it's a graphic card issue
i noticed too :?

Skynet wrote:It's not bad. Enjoyable. Not worth the $90 I spent on it though.
i don't think I'D go that far :wink: but mine was only $80 :D

just so many bads :wink:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Impeccable ian wrote:
Skynet wrote:Some of the textures and models just make me wonder why there's nothing better. I don't think it's a graphic card issue
i noticed too :?

Skynet wrote:It's not bad. Enjoyable. Not worth the $90 I spent on it though.
i don't think I'D go that far :wink: but mine was only $80 :D

just so many bads :wink:
Yeah I wasn't sure if it was an issue with my pc or if it just looked that bad. I spose it does just look that bad. :?
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Can you actually look around while moving in the xbox version?
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I was disappointed in SA.. Had some cool stuff, but meh... The design of the cities was kind of crappy and undetailed, the music was mostly garbage, the theme of the game annoyed the hell out of me (early 90s gangster, the worst setting for a crime film/game possible), almost everything in it was half-baked. Not terrible, but disappointing.

I liked Vice City quite a bit though.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I liked SA myself. Like most GTA games there was some really BS missions (hated the danceing crap), however the game was huge and there was so much to do. I don't see where people get the cities was poorly designed and undetailed. There was more detail on SA then VC had. I especially liked the fact you could actualyl fly above the buildings and parachute out of planes etc etc. Only reason I don't still have this game is because I hate the PS2 controller. Once it goes down in price for Xbox I will probably buy it.

The music was crap compared to VC, in fact the only 2 stations I could stand was the Folk channel and the chat channel. But with Xbox that can be easily overcome.

And as far as the dull textures is concerned blame Sony for there junky game system. Im sure if it had been designed for Xbox or PC to start with the graphics would have been WAY better.

I was dissapointed that Tommy wasn't in SA. Of all the charactors to include from previous games I would have hoped to see him.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

The XB version isn't THAT pretty. The classic "low resolution textures getting stuck in the foreground" problem from GTA 3 is still present.

The game was fun, the controls were alright. The only thing I didn't like was having to use black and white to look left and right, and to rotate rudders/choppers. Not only are they all but submerged on the controller, they're in asinine positions on both the OG pad and the S pad.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

Raijin Z wrote:The only thing I didn't like was having to use black and white to look left and right, and to rotate rudders/choppers. Not only are they all but submerged on the controller, they're in asinine positions on both the OG pad and the S pad.
that was one of the main reasons i never even touched it on ps2

cause its pad is bad for detailed smooth control
like xbox 8-) :wink: