Headhunter

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.

Headhunter DC.

Good
88%
Bad
3%
Ok, but still worthy of a purchase
9%

Total votes: 33
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DeGamer »

I am suprised so many of you bashed on the controls of the Motorcycle. Like mariobro said, it's like a real motorbike simulator. And the controls are very easy.

The CG could have been better, but it's bot as bad as doragsu makes it sound. and Segata Sanshiro is basically on point with what he said.

and LeGIt, HH has to be very good for you to have beaten it 3 times and you are playing it again :wink:
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

doragasu wrote:The only things I don't like ... the really poor CG videos (poor models and really poor animation)
The CG is made with the same ingame models and basically the same graphics, only rendered with better effects, lights, shadows, etc.
Last edited by Segata Sanshiro on Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeGIt
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LeGIt »

DeGamer wrote:and LeGIt, HH has to be very good for you to have beaten it 3 times and you are playing it again :wink:
It megablows , I just don't like to leave games in my pile without completing them fully :P
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

the only flaws it had were time issues if they had a few more weeks maybe they could've thought of manual wheely or a wheely button who knows...
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Dispite its flaws its the quality of the Gamplay that counts and this game is fun to play, Altho its not the best game ive ever played, It Certainly Doesnt stink, not at all.
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

DeGamer wrote:I am suprised so many of you bashed on the controls of the Motorcycle. Like mariobro said, it's like a real motorbike simulator. And the controls are very easy.
Definitely it's NOT a real motorbike simulator. The best evidence of this is when you crash the motorbike (thing that tends to happen thousends of times until you get used to the controls, at least when you aren't a motorbike driving games fan).

And I think an arcade-style motorcycle driving level would suit too much better to this game. Too much people (like me) when playing a shooting-action-adventure game like MGS don't like to get stuck because of a racing level that IMO doesn't suit in the game.
LeGIt
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LeGIt »

BILAL_XIA wrote:the only flaws it had were time issues if they had a few more weeks maybe they could've thought of manual wheely or a wheely button who knows...
It had real flaws - manual wheelies are not needed as it wheelies just fine as it is. provided you have some sort of skill the motorbike is a piece of cake to abuse.

Noticeable story flaws:

When Jack is the most wanted criminal on the lists, he can still successfully drive though the ID check gates aswell as use the L.E.I.L.A. facilities without being arrested.

Noticeable gameplay flaws:

At the very end when you control Jack Wade after Angela has beaten Adam - if you don't turn on the main computer in the Adam room and save it - then you're screwed and have to go back to an earlier save or through the whole game again.

If you're uber enough to unlock the * locker and you grab it straight off for all weapons it's impossible to proceed back to the wolfpack warehouse for the documents as you can't even pick up the codebreaker to open the door. The only way out of this is to open the * locker as you enter L.E.I.L.A. right before you go into the VR machine for the AAA test.
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

Dude, you love this game just admit it already. :kiss)
LeGIt
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LeGIt »

Nah! It blows! I've given up on bothering trying to finish upto v - got me my 3rd xbox today and been busy bustling away onSoul Calibur II. Perhaps ina few more weeks/months I'll pick up where I left off to complete the save.
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

Can someone tell me can you drive those other cars in the garage around, besides the bike?
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

No. You can't. Or I couldn't which is the same :P
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

I had a hard time with the puzzle with the wolfpack key thing, on the phone with those white blocks. I had to look on the internet just to pass the puzzle, seems pretty impossible for anyone not to look on the net for the answer.
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

BILAL_XIA wrote:
the only flaws it had were time issues if they had a few more weeks maybe they could've thought of manual wheely or a wheely button who knows...

It had real flaws - manual wheelies are not needed as it wheelies just fine as it is. provided you have some sort of skill the motorbike is a piece of cake to abuse.

Noticeable story flaws:

When Jack is the most wanted criminal on the lists, he can still successfully drive though the ID check gates aswell as use the L.E.I.L.A. facilities without being arrested.

Noticeable gameplay flaws:

At the very end when you control Jack Wade after Angela has beaten Adam - if you don't turn on the main computer in the Adam room and save it - then you're screwed and have to go back to an earlier save or through the whole game again.

If you're uber enough to unlock the * locker and you grab it straight off for all weapons it's impossible to proceed back to the wolfpack warehouse for the documents as you can't even pick up the codebreaker to open the door. The only way out of this is to open the * locker as you enter L.E.I.L.A. right before you go into the VR machine for the AAA test.
IN resident evil 3 a whole city was nuked and nothing happend small story glitches are ignorable and the bike I love the bike more then anything in the game without the wheelie the bike would look less cooler
and if they were bugs in the bike then it was that he drove the bike like a car you know the turnings you make he didn't bend the bike as they do maybe in head hunter the bike will return and be cooler then ever
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

The game is not perfect (no game is), some like the action, others the driving, but the fact of the matter remains that HeadHunter is the best action/stealth game this side of MGS. I will even go as far as saying that its not as good as MGS, but is more varied and the level setting is cooler.
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

Jup.. as a matter in fact; i started playing it yesterday (received it from ebay 2 days ago) and now i'm at the 2nd disc.

Ofcourse this game as several flaws but i was amazed (and so were my friends) how good it looked compared to current PS2 games. Heck, i even thought GTA III wasn't THAT innovative because Headhunter proved it was already possible on DC.

It's not so good (on the same level) as MGS but as Segata Sanshiro is saying, the levels are more fun and the gameplay is more varied.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

you finsished disk 1 in 1 day damn it how many hours do you play and how good are oyu the 1st time I seriously sat donw playing head hunter it took me more then a few days to finsih the hole game...

end topic change

we all get it head hunter 1 has captured the critics every Critic I know gave it a kick ass score don't belive me go to amuze's web site and see they have listed down all the critics who reviewed that game and ever for redemtion good and bad and check out the x-box official magazine review for redemption it is phenomenal... trust me check it out it's worth it they reviewed it without playing the game... and Amuze replyed them full fight scene...

anyway HEAD HUNTER claims that it is the first cinematic game and they are the pioneers of cinematic video games...
any one want to argue with this

As far as I can recall I think it's shenmue(it even has cinema mode) and residnt evil doesn't count since they are barely any cinematic events and are comperativly much smaller then the sizes of shenmue and head hunter so I am going to go with shenmue as the first cinematic game...

ENLIGHTEN ME ALL
typoEDR
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by typoEDR »

What happened to Metal Gear Solid or the first Resident Evil?

Or even Blade Runner (PC)?

Amuze is talking sh!t if they think that Headhunter is the 'first cinematic game' and the pioneers of cinematic video games. Headhunter is a fun game, sure, but it's not without its problems. And its sequel was received terribly by most review sites and I doubt it'll ever reach Greatest/Platinum Hits...
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

Yup Headhunter is just a nice game with nothing new! If we are going to talk about cinematic games.. pff.. i'll scream SHENMUE then. So simple is that.

@BILAL_XIA: hehe .. i started playing at 19.30 till 02.00. And i got stuck in the level were you have to get Greywolf of Wolfpack and had some problems with defusing the bombs :) but Headhunter is pretty simple. Nothing too complicated.

Now im at the big transport ship Queen of Heart. This level is a little bit confusing :S but challening nonetheless.
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Gameholic wrote:Now im at the big transport ship Queen of Heart. This level is a little bit confusing :S but challening nonetheless.
And the boss is badass!!! Hint: stay away from the light! Shoot the ligh....... well, this house is clean!!