Revolution: Classic Game Downloads are Free

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MulletMan13 »

For some reason N64 and SNES games are totally standing out for me at this point... given the perfect emulation on Dreamcast for NES... I havent played SNES or N64 on a television in a loong time... unless I want to unpack and find those systems, and my games... which are stored in various places :(

I hope Rare liscenses Blast Corps.... Mmmm
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

You really think (Microsoft) Rare is going to license their games?
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

armada wrote: 73. Urban Champion
:x
Butters wrote:You really think (Microsoft) Rare is going to license their games?
Well they didn't exactly make their money back on Grabbed By The Ghoulies...
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

But now its M$. You know they will be more than reluctant, unless they release a game on Gamecube, in which case they might.

(Hopes DK comes back.)
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Butters wrote:You really think (Microsoft) Rare is going to license their games?
If other 3rd party developers release games I really don't see why Rare (even though it's Microsoft) wouldn't jump on board if they were owning a small profit...

but then again probably wishful thinking on my part.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Nope, not unless they can make decent money out of it. Perfect Dark certainly won't be on there as it was developed and published by Rare. A lot of the list seems pretty inaccurate and was probably written by someone on Gamefaqs.

I would like to see some of these old games with improved framerates and perhaps online play. I would gladly pay for that and it would be an instant Revolution sale for me.
Ominous 0nionfrog
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ominous 0nionfrog »

I dont have a n64 and my sister took half of my snes games.. so the free downloadable games will be sweet... If the rev is cheap enough.. i'll get it at launch...
jaredfogle wrote: Every time you jack off, you kill thousands of "people."
Skullreaper2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Skullreaper2000 »

Pricing structure is not yet finalized.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/07 ... 27066.html
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

BoneyCork wrote:3) Nintendo didnt announce it, meaning its all wrong.
just because it's not necessarily right does not make it instantly 'all wrong'. Of course it isn't official, so it's not garunteed correct (then again the same could be said for any official statement) but that doesn't mean it is devoid of any credibility.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

quzar wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:3) Nintendo didnt announce it, meaning its all wrong.
just because it's not necessarily right does not make it instantly 'all wrong'. Of course it isn't official, so it's not garunteed correct (then again the same could be said for any official statement) but that doesn't mean it is devoid of any credibility.
Of course it means that. How can that list have any shred of credibility, when itr wasn't produced by any official source whatsoever? While I admit it provides an extremely patchy and mistake-riddled overview of `the sort of downloads we can expect, it isnt factual in the slightest.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Actually I think Nintendo are going to do what the online rumors say they are doing. Nintendo, unlike most large corporations, listen to the opinions of their target audience. Since the majority of rumors are saying the games will be free or cheap, and since they haven't actually reached a decision on it yet, there's probably a good chance they will be free/cheap.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

I still hope its like an emu that allows multiplayer games to play online, like zsnes does.
Ominous 0nionfrog
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ominous 0nionfrog »

Dark Savant0 wrote:I still hope its like an emu that allows multiplayer games to play online, like zsnes does.
Me too...
jaredfogle wrote: Every time you jack off, you kill thousands of "people."
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Dark Savant0 wrote:I still hope its like an emu that allows multiplayer games to play online, like zsnes does.
zsnes is a awesome emu. In fact, it was my first.

Anyway, I somehow doubt that Nintendo is going to offer these dls as free, even if that is what their target audience wants. Unless they market a special sd card or other meduim that is required to dl them, I don't see how giving these roms away will make much profit for them.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Butters wrote:Actually I think Nintendo are going to do what the online rumors say they are doing. Nintendo, unlike most large corporations, listen to the opinions of their target audience.
Not in Europe, they dont.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

BoneyCork wrote:
Butters wrote:Actually I think Nintendo are going to do what the online rumors say they are doing. Nintendo, unlike most large corporations, listen to the opinions of their target audience.
They try, but they don't get much money from NOJ, and the European market is different to both Japan and America in that it has to cater for four (at least!) different 'mini markets' all speaking different languages.

The fact that high profile GC and GBA games got releases /first/ in Europe should prove they do care and are at least making an effort... certainly more of an effort than 'certain competitors' ever did.

See also 60Hz as standard on most games, language selection determined by console rather than a 'select language' screen on bootup, the 'stars' program (as half hearted as it is), the majority of games getting a European release within a very short period of Japanes and Amercian launch, etc etc etc
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Banjo Kazooie w/ connectivity to Banjo Tooie? I can dream.
Very sexy hero, omg
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

BoneyCork wrote:
Not in the American Continent.

Online? PSO, w00t. What else?
GC-GBA? Ok, i got the cable... but only like 5 games?
D-Pad? Hey, i'm not playing Soul Calibur 2 in my GBA...]
Pok?mon? Hey, i want to play as Ash. Who is this new guy? And where is my Pok?mon MMORPG? I would love to kick some ass with a 6 level 100 Pok?mon :D (yeah, i still want to play it, but a Blue/Red type of game in Kanto, no Hoenn or some islands...)
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Wait... your biggest criticism of Pok?mon colleseum was that you didn't get to play as Ash? :?
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

BoneyCork wrote:
How can you go wrong in purchasing it when you are going to get 20 years of Nintendo gaming for free!??!
You'll be going wrong when you pay $200 for a top of the range console so you can play games from 20 years ago. I thought that was obvious.
God I missed you.