Check this out(dreamcast related)

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Check this out(dreamcast related)

Post by U.2.K. »

Just trying to figure out what this mean:

Dreamcast uses an internal rechargeable battery to store its settings. Dreamcast should be turned on for at least two hours to initially charge the battery. The rechargeable battery should then last for 20 days when Dreamcast isn't being used

:?: I dont get it, i figure if you leave on your dreamcast for 2 hours, the battery would run out? Anyone ever tried this?
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

You phrased your question badly, please reiterate.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

What are you trying to do? That seems to be an answer I've been looking for. I recently bought a Dreamcast and every time I would start it up it would ask for the date and time. It would only ask if the Dreamcast has been shut off for about 10 minutes. Anything shorter than that it would boot straight to the disc.

Quzar suggested I should snap the battery off on the controller ports ( :o ) and tape a new one back in. I didn't like the thought of it so I just left it alone.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

no you leave on your dreamcast for 2 hours to fully charge the internal battery to save the dreamcast's settings (time etc) then it lasts *unplugged\off* for 20 days. hope that answers your question.
wont u be my friend?
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Re: Check this out(dreamcast related)

Post by Roofus »

U.2.K. wrote:Just trying to figure out what this mean:

Dreamcast uses an internal rechargeable battery to store its settings. Dreamcast should be turned on for at least two hours to initially charge the battery. The rechargeable battery should then last for 20 days when Dreamcast isn't being used

:?: I dont get it, i figure if you leave on your dreamcast for 2 hours, the battery would run out? Anyone ever tried this?
The internal battery is the thing that runs the clock. The battery only charges when it's plugged in, so what they're telling you to do is to leave your Dreamcast on for at least two hours if the battery has died, You'll know it's died if you are prompted to enter the time and date. The second part is telling you that the battery will run the clock for about 20 days.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

:?: didnt i just say that?
wont u be my friend?
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

This doesn't even work. Not for me at least. I left my DC on for 2 1/2 hours last night, turned it off for about 30 minutes, then turned it back on and I was asked to update the time and date.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

well on some dreamcasts the internal battery can get loose. i'd open up your dreamcast and try to wiggle the battery around a bit. on one of my controller port boards i had to re solider the battery contacts.
wont u be my friend?
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

well on some dreamcasts the internal battery can get loose. i'd open up your dreamcast and try to wiggle the battery around a bit. on one of my controller port boards i had to re solider the battery contacts.
I did and it was as tight as it could be. I didn't bother to look at the solider contacts though, but then again it was really firm.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Then again, batteries - rechargeable, magical, etc., they all die eventually. So far. You can always replace it if you care.

Of course, if it clicks once and only once, it's probably the starter solenoid. Which of course is starter mounted and with the brilliant Northstar engine requires you to remove the F#%king intake manifold. What? Oh don't mind me. Don't buy a Cadillac either, but don't mind me.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

I am having the same problem with my 'cast, but I seriously don't even know where the internal battery is.

Are they as hard to replace as the old snes memory ones?
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

The internal battery is located on the controller board, standing vertically.