Revolution: Classic Game Downloads are Free

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Specially Cork »

Well, on the TV issue, my monitor is miles better than my TV anyway.
My main point was, as a person who is into emulation, I am going to need a more substantial reason to buy a Revolution than "free classic 1st-party games".
But I have various other problems with Nintendo anyway, especially their pathetic handling of the European market, which has made me wary to buy anything Nintendo. It just isn't a very nice experience owning Nintendo in Europe. And it doesnt look like this will change either, with most people guesstimating we wouldnt get Revolution until mid-2007.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
Has thanked: 0

Post by melancholy »

Random_Troll wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:Meh, I already have a device that plays classic Nintendo games for free, its called my PC. I can't see the point in spending hundreds on a new console just for the privelege. Sorry, I know we're meant to pretend were all legit emultion peeps on here and have never downloaded an illegal rom in our lives. But back in the real world, I dont see what there is to get that excited about.
Its the fact that Nintendo can make a perfect emulator, that can play all games without error. So there will be no compatibility issues like most of the emulators for computer. Plus the fact that you can play it on your TV is a big bonus, most people do not have TV next to the comp and a TV out card, so thats no excuse.
so because most people dont own a vid card with tv out its no excuse for him not to buy a revolution? Get over yourself.
Get over myself? I was simply stateing a common saying as to why console emulation should not exist. A lot of people say screw playing it on DC because its not full speed and sound, I can just play it on my comp with a TV out card, its just like the playing it on a DC, only full speed. But most people do not have a TV next to their computer, or have a TV out card. So the Revolution can provide there classic gaming experience by giving them the convience of playing on their TV, with out the extra hassle. Nintendo can also provide the emulators that are perfect because they have all the documentation, and people who created those consoles creating the emulator.
Yes Get over yourself. Boney never said his solution for HIMSELF was the be all and end all solution for every fing human being. DEAL WITH IT.
Dude, what the hell are you talking about? He never said that it was suppose to be the solution for everyone. He just said it's a good solution for a lot of people. :roll:
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Random_Troll wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:Meh, I already have a device that plays classic Nintendo games for free, its called my PC. I can't see the point in spending hundreds on a new console just for the privelege. Sorry, I know we're meant to pretend were all legit emultion peeps on here and have never downloaded an illegal rom in our lives. But back in the real world, I dont see what there is to get that excited about.
Its the fact that Nintendo can make a perfect emulator, that can play all games without error. So there will be no compatibility issues like most of the emulators for computer. Plus the fact that you can play it on your TV is a big bonus, most people do not have TV next to the comp and a TV out card, so thats no excuse.
so because most people dont own a vid card with tv out its no excuse for him not to buy a revolution? Get over yourself.
Get over myself? I was simply stateing a common saying as to why console emulation should not exist. A lot of people say screw playing it on DC because its not full speed and sound, I can just play it on my comp with a TV out card, its just like the playing it on a DC, only full speed. But most people do not have a TV next to their computer, or have a TV out card. So the Revolution can provide there classic gaming experience by giving them the convience of playing on their TV, with out the extra hassle. Nintendo can also provide the emulators that are perfect because they have all the documentation, and people who created those consoles creating the emulator.
Yes Get over yourself. Boney never said his solution for HIMSELF was the be all and end all solution for every fing human being. DEAL WITH IT.
Chill the fuck out.
It's thinking...
Wagh
Wagh
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wagh »

melancholy wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
Dude, what the hell are you talking about? He never said that it was suppose to be the solution for everyone. He just said it's a good solution for a lot of people. :roll:
Rot in hell Smile boy.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Random_Troll wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
Rot in hell Smile boy.
I'll get right on that.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

Ok..IF i can save this topic.. I'll only get a Revolution if its cost friendly(150, 200..) and if there is great 3rd party support. If the controller is anything revolutionary, thatd help too. I dont want the console to be like the DS is now, with few games out, but that may mean more quality.

some people are suggesting changable faceplates on a wavebird type controller http://www.clubskill.com/Game_News/1086 that support different control schemes. This in itself sounds tacky.

Image This could be THE controller. Chuu.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Um... thats clearly not a real design, just some bad photoshop mockup.

Nintendo aren't retarded, they're not going to downgrade their controller to be a half-assed dual shock rip off, and for tall the talk of 'revoltuion' and not wanting other companies ripping off their ideas its unlikely to look anything like an existing console controller.

some kind of one handed trackball / gyroscope thingy would be my best guess for their design, but the fact is nobody really knows anything about it yet.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

Dr Wily wrote:Nintendo aren't retarded, they're not going to downgrade their controller to be a half-assed dual shock rip off
Worked for Microsoft, though. The 360 pad looks more like a Dual Shock than the GCN pad did, and less like the DC pad the original giant XB controller was kin to.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

StriderXg2 wrote:I'll only get a Revolution if its cost friendly(150, 200..) and if there is great 3rd party support.
Most third party games on the cube tend to be crap half arsed PS2 ports that people aren't stupid enough to buy, It's up the third party developers to come up with something that's at least half decent. look at the WWE games right before DOR, absolute cack.

Then you have stuff like Burnout, SMB, Eternal darkness etc.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

DuffMan wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
I've got tv-out and a tv close to my computer. I would'nt have it any other way. Even if you don't you can get wireless usb controlers, and a device that lets you use your vga conneciton on your tv.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
lackofsense
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: dobson just north of your carolines and your other sisters

Post by lackofsense »

revolution will have WI-FI out the box
sense-lacking is a tough job but somebody's got to do it
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

zerotype wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
I've got tv-out and a tv close to my computer. I would'nt have it any other way. Even if you don't you can get wireless usb controlers, and a device that lets you use your vga conneciton on your tv.
Like I said, Most people do not have it, I never said it was a bad idea, just not very feasible for most people.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Hrmm... I am a very avid fan of emulation... however we all need to remember why we are here...

Dreamcast Emulation. Not PC emulation...

We wanted to play all these classic games *on the television*, as with the Dreamcast. PC emu's have been around and continue to be around -- those are good choices for some people.

But others that want to play on a television, just like we used to play the games... with a standard console controller (instead of the hundreds of craptastic PC controllers there are out there), this is a godsend.

Also, playing on a television enables a big thing -- multiplayer. Super Mario Kart 2 player on a computer screen is very hard to play... need a correct emu , the rom, 2 similar USB controllers, and a pretty large monitor... whereas multiplayer on the television and console is much, much easier.

I'm not trying to bash anybody here, but the point of DCE is to play emulators and NES/SNES/Gen games on a television, their native medium.

Feel free to disagree, just trying to demonstrate a point :)
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

MulletMan13 wrote:Hrmm... I am a very avid fan of emulation... however we all need to remember why we are here...

Dreamcast Emulation. Not PC emulation...
Not I. That being said the last emulator I played was 8 months ago. last dc emulator? prolly 4 or 5 years ago. I just perfer playing the original machine. Though I still will buy a revolution ( even if it just looks like a cdrom ) but I'll also buy the others aswell. Locking yourself into one console is just stupid.
Giving H-E-A-D head
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

so are straw man arguments ;)

seriously, though, I think maybe you misunderstood Duff.

The emulation capabilities on the Rev is a nice bonus. Maybe only us classic gaming nerds will use it, but it's sure as hell not a BAD thing. Not that you said that, but it almost seems like you're opposed to it.

I do know what you mean about using the original machine, though. I still have my good old NES and SNES hooked up to my computer monitor :)

Personally, I think it would be cool if Nintendo could offer some online multiplayer or other bonuses which arent possible on native hardware (rendering and control options, slow-down fixes, etc).
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

impetus wrote:so are straw man arguments ;)

seriously, though, I think maybe you misunderstood Duff.

The emulation capabilities on the Rev is a nice bonus. Maybe only us classic gaming nerds will use it, but it's sure as hell not a BAD thing. Not that you said that, but it almost seems like you're opposed to it.

I do know what you mean about using the original machine, though. I still have my good old NES and SNES hooked up to my computer monitor :)

Personally, I think it would be cool if Nintendo could offer some online multiplayer or other bonuses which arent possible on native hardware (rendering and control options, slow-down fixes, etc).
Not against it. I just dont think its this holy thing everyone is making it out to be.
Giving H-E-A-D head
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Nes doesnt have the required outs to go to a computer, unless you have some kind of weird all-in-one adapter, cause a custom one to replace the nes one doesnt exist.

I hope they make it so the games are playable online like on a network, like kailera.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

^ i have a 5-switch selector pass thru on a standard VGA adaptor. Unfortunately, the NES/SNES don't use S-video, so I have to use the regular video cables. Still, the quality is decent. For xbox/cube/ps2, I use S-video>VGA. Also for DC games that don't support the DC VGA box.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Okay, that makes more sense.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

|darc| wrote: Did I say they would allow it?
|darc| wrote: Maybe you could open up copying your own ROMs to memory cards some kinda way...
And then I said a magic word; encryption. If the roms have to match some private key it could be difficult to impossible to make anything else boot.