Revolution: Classic Game Downloads are Free

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by pixel »

lackofsense wrote:GC games are also downloadable
How does that statement make any sense?
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by APE »

Florida. Thats all one needs to know.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

pixel wrote:
lackofsense wrote:GC games are also downloadable
How does that statement make any sense?
They said that Gamecube games would be offered online as well, so you could stream Gamecube games to the Revolution. However, I highly doubt that Gamecube would be considered 'classic gaming' so I wouldn't expect them to be free. I'm curious about N64 games, though, since that's what I'm really in it for.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I hope that 3rd party games will also be available and not only Nintendo's own franchises.
I'd love to play the Final Fantasy games on the Revolution. But seeing they have also been released on PSX there might be some trouble.
Just like the PS3 and Xbox 360 info I now have, I will wait till I have seen things with my own eyes before I decide to buy a new console.

For now my DC plays NES and Gameboy games just fine ;)
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Smiley wrote:Kinda blows for me, cause I imagine that you'd need broadband to dl these games, and I am stuck with dial-up....

Regardless, I'd say that this is a smart move on Nintendo's part, and I'd like to see other third party publishers, like Konami and Capcom, follow suite......Hey, maybe Sega will offer some of their classic games for dl. That would be awesome!!!

I cannot wait for this console. For the first time since the N64, I can't wait til its released....
You probably won't need broadband to dl anything pre Gamecube, but I doubt the Revolution will support Dialup out of the box. You will probably have to buy a attachment like the Dreamcast Broad band thing.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Meh, I already have a device that plays classic Nintendo games for free, its called my PC. I can't see the point in spending hundreds on a new console just for the privelege. Sorry, I know we're meant to pretend were all legit emultion peeps on here and have never downloaded an illegal rom in our lives. But back in the real world, I dont see what there is to get that excited about.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Yay! And today I just pulled out the ol' N64 for some F-Zero X action. Looks like I'm gonna be purchasing a Revolution :D
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

BoneyCork wrote:Meh, I already have a device that plays classic Nintendo games for free, its called my PC. I can't see the point in spending hundreds on a new console just for the privelege. Sorry, I know we're meant to pretend were all legit emultion peeps on here and have never downloaded an illegal rom in our lives. But back in the real world, I dont see what there is to get that excited about.
The thought of perfect N64 emulation is what has me excited, because let's face it, PC's N64 emulation certainly isn't perfect. Good, but not perfect.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

BoneyCork wrote:Meh, I already have a device that plays classic Nintendo games for free, its called my PC. I can't see the point in spending hundreds on a new console just for the privelege. Sorry, I know we're meant to pretend were all legit emultion peeps on here and have never downloaded an illegal rom in our lives. But back in the real world, I dont see what there is to get that excited about.
Its the fact that Nintendo can make a perfect emulator, that can play all games without error. So there will be no compatibility issues like most of the emulators for computer. Plus the fact that you can play it on your TV is a big bonus, most people do not have TV next to the comp and a TV out card, so thats no excuse.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

DuffMan wrote:
Its the fact that Nintendo can make a perfect emulator, that can play all games without error. So there will be no compatibility issues like most of the emulators for computer. Plus the fact that you can play it on your TV is a big bonus, most people do not have TV next to the comp and a TV out card, so thats no excuse.
so because most people dont own a vid card with tv out its no excuse for him not to buy a revolution? Get over yourself.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

most gamers dont even know of rumulators for consoles.

nintendo has already got many sites shut down them and sony sega ms are pusing to get others down. and with this offerent them as downloadable is another way form them to fight them off easily.

now only if they would update these emulaors eventually to play online that would own fr nintendo.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

They aren't even emulators, right? They're supported by the acutal hardware...
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Well I know what system I am buying now.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

gamedudex2 wrote:most gamers dont even know of rumulators for consoles.

nintendo has already got many sites shut down them and sony sega ms are pusing to get others down. and with this offerent them as downloadable is another way form them to fight them off easily.

now only if they would update these emulaors eventually to play online that would own fr nintendo.
Nintendo is always suing someone, aren't they?

And how can these games be considered free f you will prolly have to buy the sd cards to download them. Wouldn't it make more sense to dl them to the revolution harddrive, like music with the the x-box?

Bottom Line: Knowing Nintendo, nothing will be free. How else are they planning on making up the cost if they offer the classics for free?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Wouldn't it make more sense to dl them to the revolution harddrive, like music with the the x-box?
What hard drive?
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

Oh, that's right!
My bad.

Well, they should add one so that people aren't spending a lot buying those sd cards to dl these games. Then again, I imagine they left a hd out to cut back on costs, so it works out in the end, I guess.

I would imagine that by the revolution's release the sd cards will be cheaper, but I think in the big picture an added hd will be more cost-efficient to the consumer. Worked for the box, didn't it?
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Covar wrote:i <3 nintendo :kiss)

happy day, they just confirmed my purchase.

and so far every nintendo console retailed for $199USD so i'd imagine the next one will be the same.
Ditto I'll definately be getting one now.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I just hope that Nintendo can reconcile ties with some third party publishers, and live up to the hype surrounding the revolution....

Regardless, as I said, I cannot wait til next year!
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Random_Troll wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
so because most people dont own a vid card with tv out its no excuse for him not to buy a revolution? Get over yourself.
Get over myself? I was simply stateing a common saying as to why console emulation should not exist. A lot of people say screw playing it on DC because its not full speed and sound, I can just play it on my comp with a TV out card, its just like the playing it on a DC, only full speed. But most people do not have a TV next to their computer, or have a TV out card. So the Revolution can provide there classic gaming experience by giving them the convience of playing on their TV, with out the extra hassle. Nintendo can also provide the emulators that are perfect because they have all the documentation, and people who created those consoles creating the emulator.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

DuffMan wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
DuffMan wrote:
Get over myself? I was simply stateing a common saying as to why console emulation should not exist. A lot of people say screw playing it on DC because its not full speed and sound, I can just play it on my comp with a TV out card, its just like the playing it on a DC, only full speed. But most people do not have a TV next to their computer, or have a TV out card. So the Revolution can provide there classic gaming experience by giving them the convience of playing on their TV, with out the extra hassle. Nintendo can also provide the emulators that are perfect because they have all the documentation, and people who created those consoles creating the emulator.
Yes Get over yourself. Boney never said his solution for HIMSELF was the be all and end all solution for every fing human being. DEAL WITH IT.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead