Are 2.5 to 3.5 laptop hd converter any good?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Are 2.5 to 3.5 laptop hd converter any good?

Post by Sir Savant »

I was wondering, cause my old lte 5300 started working again but I fucked it up by installing nt server on it so now it wont boot. But I was wondering if the 2.4 to 3.5 hd converters work with all laptop hd's, so I can plug this hd into my desktop and reinstall nt on it. The hd model number is 242169-001. Any help is appreciated, before I go out and get one.

Oh, and any suggestions on where I should buy it?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

It should work fine. I got one on eBay a long time ago for like $5 shipped.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

So they work with all drives? Awesome.

I am also thinking about getting a cassete drive, so that I can have cool ass mixtapes. What do you guys think?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Dark Savant0 wrote:So they work with all drives? Awesome.

I am also thinking about getting a cassete drive, so that I can have cool ass mixtapes. What do you guys think?
I hope you don't mean a tape drive, those don't use normal cassette tapes.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

No, I mean a cassette drive. Its some play2go thingy. Cost 150, but oh well.
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

Dark Savant0 wrote:No, I mean a cassette drive. Its some play2go thingy. Cost 150, but oh well.
It's the PlusDeck ( http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/drives/6908/ ). It's $150, so it's a little pricey, and it's made for 5.25" drive bays, so you'd need to get an external enclosure big enough.

I got my 3.5" enclosure (and a rice maker :lol: ) from newegg.com. It works pretty well, and was one of the cheaper ones, so you should have a good selection from there.