Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Gmc »

Butters wrote:I wonder if they still stand by the claim from earlier in the year that this game will be 2-3x the length of OoT. Also from looking at the trailer again I'm excited we get to go back to the black and white world.
I dunno, OoT seamt pretty long....I got a feeling this one will feel short like Majoras mask. But hey, I may be wrong.

Graphics look great tho, defo gonna get this one on pre-order :)
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i liked WW and had no problems at all with sailing, infact i kinda enjoyed cruising the high sees marking my map and seeking booty.

I also was excited about WW as soon as i saw a video of it. before that i was on the shelf.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

I liked WW i thought it was good fun, the only zelda i didnt like was majoras mask
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

It sounds like GOTY material. I kind of wish they had stuck with the Wind Waker graphical style but everything else they have added looks like making up for that.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

I admired every bit of WW's graphics. They weren't kiddy, boring, or anything... they were actually perfect and I couldn't complain about anything. Some people are spoiled by realistic graphics but damn, WW was a breath of fresh air. Now I can enjoy the super serious games again.

I hope that TP's pretty long. I loved OoT like most everyone else, and even enjoyed the gloomy as hell MM. But man... I really, really hope they don't screw up TP by making it super easy, or have really stupid dungeons where you get stuck for weeks only to find out that there's something totally minute that you missed.

I've got my fingers crossed! Nintendo, for the love of god don't let us down. This is the only reason why I'm keeping my gamecube basically.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

meh, nintendo has never been the best when it comes to graphics, too me this is hugely overhyped, zelda is ok but its not a great as people say, especially as a rpg
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

ASCIIN wrote:meh, nintendo has never been the best when it comes to graphics, too me this is hugely overhyped, zelda is ok but its not a great as people say, especially as a rpg
Of course Zelda isn't great as an RPG... It's not an RPG. It never was.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

meh, nintendo has never been the best when it comes to graphics, too me this is hugely overhyped, zelda is ok but its not a great as people say, especially as a rpg
I fail to see how so.

IMO games looked better on SNES than genesis (this could be bad memory though, don't quote me ;)), N64 > PSX because they were smoother and no where near as blocky. Compare, as a poor example, WWF attitude N64 version to PSX. N64 wins hands down. What does that leave? GC. GC can pull of some decent graphics. It can do things the PS2 can't, Sonic Heroes is a good example I hear, with PS2 being the worst of all 3 platforms. What does that leave that's better? The Xbox. :|

So you're right, the Nintendo graphics have always been pretty crap. :?

HOWEVER, a lot of titles do seem to be of the Mario persuasion, thus giving the more cartoony look about them. Not as greatly detailed and using bright colours, etc. But the graphics still look pretty sweet.

This is all just my opinion though.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

Skynet wrote:
I fail to see how so.

IMO games looked better on SNES than genesis (this could be bad memory though, don't quote me ;)), N64 > PSX because they were smoother and no where near as blocky. Compare, as a poor example, WWF attitude N64 version to PSX. N64 wins hands down. What does that leave? GC. GC can pull of some decent graphics. It can do things the PS2 can't, Sonic Heroes is a good example I hear, with PS2 being the worst of all 3 platforms. What does that leave that's better? The Xbox. :|

So you're right, the Nintendo graphics have always been pretty crap. :?

HOWEVER, a lot of titles do seem to be of the Mario persuasion, thus giving the more cartoony look about them. Not as greatly detailed and using bright colours, etc. But the graphics still look pretty sweet.

This is all just my opinion though.
well its blantly obvious games will look better on a system with a higher color palette or better rendering technology.....what i ment is that no game that is 1 party never really very graphical
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Skynet wrote:IMO games looked better on SNES than genesis (this could be bad memory though, don't quote me ;))
Heh, I quoted! Seriously, maybe it's just the games you saw. The later Genesis games looked really damn good (Phantasy Star IV, Vectorman, Comix Zone, Ranger X, Virtua Racing, Zero Tolerance, Gunstar Heroes), and there were many great ones only released in Japan (Eliminate Down, Gleylancer, Alien Soldier, Pulseman).
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

WW and Link to the past were the best zeldas. The others were pure trash.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

The only Zelda game I didn't like was Majora's Mask. I hate having a timer in dungeons.

Troll, does your trash comment include the original Zelda for the NES? That game was easily one of the best of its time.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Imo i think zelda started life as an rpg, as back then the was not as many genres and mixed genres etc, but as time went on and more types of games was coming out zelda ended up fitting into other genres, imo zelda is an RPG, but not a turn based rpg(duh!), it's a hack and slash rpg, it does have all the gameplay types to make it a hack and slash rpg, story, leveling up, walking around talking to people, buying equipment, dungens etc.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Butters wrote:The only Zelda game I didn't like was Majora's Mask. I hate having a timer in dungeons.

Troll, does your trash comment include the original Zelda for the NES? That game was easily one of the best of its time.
Partially. I can see how it'd be a good game but I never got into it.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

When I get more time I plan on beating Zelda for the nes without cheats, my grandma always insisted on punching in game genie cheats because it'd warm up her hands and help her memory. Plus I was like 5 when I "beat" it. Heh.

It's definitely a rad game. Great dungeons and everything from what I remember, but I want to play it now that I'm a little more cognitively aware and can actually appreciate the game more.

As far as MM goes, that game's gloomy as friggen hell. At first I thought omg, why ruin a game with a friggen timer. But it has no negative effects once you get half way through the game and get used to it, in fact I think it makes things a lot better. Ninty really pulled it off, I don't think I've ever seen something so quirky and innovative. Coulda been a make or break kind of thing, but this game's definitely hailed as a sleeper hit. I'm still playing through it right now and it's great.

What I'm really dying to play right now is a link to the past. Dammmnnn, my grammy took it to the phillipines the last time she went because she's pretty down with the zelda series. Very nostalgic era when lttp came out, not to mention the game kicks every others' square in the nutsack. Simple gameplay mechanics, awesome dungeons, fun as heck to explore, danggg. I'm almost starting to think I'm becoming a zelda fanboy.......... nah.