Revenge of the Sith

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nyarlathotep »

ASCIIN wrote: are you kidding me?!?!? thats game its horrible, nothing but fanboy love goes there, there maybe the 20% of us gamers who arent nerds arent instanty liking anything with starwars in the title.
See, when it comes to games the star wars licence is actually a hindrance because:

a) theres a lot of love for the franchise out there.
b) star wars games are almost universally crap.

KOTOR is pretty good fun regardless of the licence which is an achievement in itself; if you like star wars though you get a large notch more of appreciation simply because its one of those few games ever made that really honour the franchise they've come from.

I'd take a KOTOR over an Enter The Matrix any day of the week :dontknow:
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

I'd like to reccomend the Inifinities comics. It changes everything when the death star doesn't blow up...
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

was darksaber the book where the hutts try and build a death star? i remember that one, it was pretty wierd.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Covar wrote:was darksaber the book where the hutts try and build a death star? i remember that one, it was pretty wierd.
Something like that. I could go find my old SW encyclopedia, but I am currently still running from my past.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I hated how the Dark Side won. That was stupid. What happened to the good guys prevailing in the end?
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

BlackGuyFromReadinRainbow wrote:I hated how the Dark Side won. That was stupid. What happened to the good guys prevailing in the end?
And who, exactly, would win in ep3 besides the dark side? (if your comment was sarcastic, forgive me, I'm experiencing what feels like a mix of asperger syndrome and gullability today)
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

was darksaber the book where the hutts try and build a death star? i remember that one, it was pretty wierd.
Yes. Children of the Jedi, Darksaber, and Planet of Twilight were three odd books because they were ALMOST like a trilogy of books. They were written by different authors but all take place within the same 1-2 year gap that was left between two of the better sets of books out, and dealt with just a bunch of random crap. Children of the Jedi, in my opionion, is the worst (pre-prequel) star wars novel written (not counting the young jedi and junior jedi serises since they were childrends books). I have read the book like 4 times and still can't make much sense of it. It has to do with some crazy spaceship that someone built that goes around collecting people and brainwashes them, training them to be stormtroopers, but a jedi was sent to stop it and ended up melding herself with the ship (this was of course before the prequels, when the plot was supposed to be that the emperor took power THEN in the twenty years leading up to the original trilogy, hunted down the jedi, as opposed to basically killing them all at once). Anyways, the biggest feature of this book is pages and pages going on about gammoreans (the pig dudes that are guards in jabba's palace) who are dressed up in storm trooper armour, but dont fit in it.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

quzar wrote:(this was of course before the prequels, when the plot was supposed to be that the emperor took power THEN in the twenty years leading up to the original trilogy, hunted down the jedi, as opposed to basically killing them all at once)
I could be overlooking something, but it seems to me that could still be the case. Only the Jedi of the Jedi Council died all at once. Perhaps the rest of the Jedi that existed were hunted down.
It's thinking...
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Agreed. Only the Jedi council and the knights that were on the planet were killed at once. There had to have been some knights on assignment in remote areas.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Butters wrote:Agreed. Only the Jedi council and the knights that were on the planet were killed at once. There had to have been some knights on assignment in remote areas.
Yea, sorry, i was mistaken anyways, she wasnt sent by the council at all, although i didnt re-read the book, i looked at the entry for that jedi in the encyclopedia, and she was just a force-strong individual in the early days of the empire.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Some escape as well, you'd think a dark lord of the sith would be a bit more tidy in his wiping out of people wouldnt you?
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Hawq wrote:Some escape as well, you'd think a dark lord of the sith would be a bit more tidy in his wiping out of people wouldnt you?
Especially since according to the preview you can tell by a blood sample :roll: (although i still think the aura paddle detector used in jedi search is better)
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Hawq wrote:Some escape as well, you'd think a dark lord of the sith would be a bit more tidy in his wiping out of people wouldnt you?
Not really. A galaxy is a large place.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

quzar wrote:
Especially since according to the preview you can tell by a blood sample :roll: (although i still think the aura paddle detector used in jedi search is better)
Mental nub push > *
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

ETR wrote:
quzar wrote:
Mental nub push > *
/me nub pushes ETR, and go flying across the room.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

quzar wrote:
ETR wrote:
quzar wrote:
Mental nub push > *
/me nub pushes ETR, and go flying across the room.
The force is strong with this one.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

I saw this earlier today. I'm not going to over-analyse every little detail so I'll just say that the action sequences were absolutely stunning but again some of the dialogue was absolute pish. It's easily the best of the prequels though and I enjoyed it.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

I hated this movie. Knowing Anakin is vader destroys the movie there isnt any suspense.We all knew how it would end.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

I watched A New Hope lastnight. It was hard to watch.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I find it so strange that Vader never found Kenobi since they were so close to each other that they could feel where each other was and if the other was in danger.