Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Post by Joestar »

well, we have an official name now. and a logo too.

i like it
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

This the new Gamecube game?

If so, all I'm going to say is If it brings back the feeling of playing a zelda game I'll be happy - It definitely shows promise.

One thing I've noticed with Nintendo is that they seem to have "1 hit wonders" when they make the conversion to 3D. By that I mean Mario 64, Zelda:OOT, and even Metroid Prime(If you can get used to the controls for some people) all kept the same feeling from the 2D games. Unfortunately, Mario Sushine, Zelda:MM, Zelda:WW, and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes just didn't pull through - That's not to say they are "BAD" games, just that I think they would've been much better if they just used completely new characters.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

what a gay name

...release date please )()(
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

This the new Gamecube game?

yup. good thing to because my gc is really collecting up dust. more new pics and art here: http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4965

not sure on the release date, think it's later this year.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

knowing nintendo, they'll probably delay the release and use it as one of their selling points for the nintendo revolution
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

knowing nintendo, they'll probably delay the release and use it as one of their selling points for the nintendo revolution
"Knowing Nintendo"? Got a list of the times that they've done this sort of thing? Frankly I can't think of any (unless you count Rare).
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
"Knowing Nintendo"? Got a list of the times that they've done this sort of thing? Frankly I can't think of any (unless you count Rare).
Ocarina of Time. Other than that, I can't think of any, but OoT was severly delayed.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Yes but wasn't OoT one of the best games you ever played? Sometimes a little delay can be a good thing.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Butters wrote:Yes but wasn't OoT one of the best games you ever played? Sometimes a little delay can be a good thing.
Never said it wasn't. I was just stating that it was heavily delayed. Possibly the best Zelda ever created, but it's debatable.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

I thought they bumped some games from the n64 to gcn too...
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

melancholy wrote:
Ex-Cyber wrote:
Ocarina of Time. Other than that, I can't think of any, but OoT was severly delayed.
He was meaning to a nex-gen console.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I thought they bumped some games from the n64 to gcn too...
The only sure N64 -> GCN bump I know of was Rare's "Dinosaur Planet" (which was retooled into Star Fox Adventures).
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Eternal Darkness was bumped from N64 -> GC, but its arguably the best game the GC has offered so far.
I say arguably because it wasn't a franchise that was going to be 'gold' anyway - pikmin is the only other contender for stunningly brilliant and totally original new nintendo franchise. Except you can't beat Eternal Darkness in udner 3 hours.

On Topic: "Will you save the princess, or just play like one?"
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

they just showed the new zelda on the conference. looking very nice, seems like you can play as a wolf... goddamit the sound got cut off >_<

edit: oh wait, link=wolf lol

edit2: as in link changes into a wolf
Last edited by Joestar on Tue May 17, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

ign.com has today's new Zelda trailer at http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

I don't care for the name too much but it's nintendo so what can you expect. Fanboys will probably think oh boy, well seeing as how it's not a kiddy game they still gave it a gay title.

Heh, the only game I can rememeber anticipating and having a later release date was OoT. I think they bumped that stupid star fox game and something about homosexual dinosaurs or something... nintendo certainly does release pretty much one-hit wonders.

I'm just glad I only paid $150 for my gc and got many games. I can settle with letting it gather dust until another awesome game comes out. I still have to finish Majoras Mask and Paper Mario... come out soon, new Zelda game!
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Dr Wily wrote:Eternal Darkness was bumped from N64 -> GC, but its arguably the best game the GC has offered so far.
I say arguably because it wasn't a franchise that was going to be 'gold' anyway - pikmin is the only other contender for stunningly brilliant and totally original new nintendo franchise. Except you can't beat Eternal Darkness in udner 3 hours.

On Topic: "Will you save the princess, or just play like one?"
Eternal Darkness was one games really enjoyed in the last couple of years. Nothing on the ps2 or xbox quite like it. If anyone hasn't played it, it's a steel at $12.00.

Couple of other games I put in this catagory (great games no one bought) are Ikaruga, Beyond Good and Evil (have the x-box version though), Panzer Dragoon Orta, Disgea: Hour of Darkness....I could go on.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

melancholy wrote:
Ex-Cyber wrote:
Uhh... Ocarina of Time was never planned as a Super NES game.
It's thinking...
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Re: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Post by AuroEdge »

Jigoku wrote:well, we have an official name now. and a logo too.

i like it
My brain was tingling after watching the new E3 trailer. Hot damn I can't wait!
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

hopefully this one won't feature hour-long sailing expeditions