Gameboy Micro

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

i think it looks damn cool

if it werent for the DS and the fact that this thing will launch at a price too high for a GBA owner like me, id get one (no i dont know the launch price, but i doubt it will be under 60, which is about the max id give for it)

as for it looking like ngpc, i gues it does a bit, but a lot smaller, and i love my ngpc :D
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

DrFreeze wrote:i think it looks damn cool

if it werent for the DS and the fact that this thing will launch at a price too high for a GBA owner like me, id get one (no i dont know the launch price, but i doubt it will be under 60, which is about the max id give for it)

as for it looking like ngpc, i gues it does a bit, but a lot smaller, and i love my ngpc :D
The Neo Geo Pocket Color was definetly a decent portable; I still love and play mine more than I ever did my old gameboys.

Freeze: Do you know if the Amercan NGPC had any regional lockout on them preventing them from playing imports? Cause I have seen lots of imports on ebay that I wouldn't mind picking up.
Thanks in advance.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

not really sure, i imported my whole unit from hong kong through lik sang, so im not sure if i have the euro, jap or us version

im guessing i have the euro version since there is english and french text on the back, and i do have a few totally jap games (sucky slot machine games) i would think there is no region locking on it

the GBA and DS dont have a lock either, but since they are ninty that doesnt say much
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Looks good to me. If the screen is significantly improved over the GBASP, and the price is reasonable (less than $100), then I could see myself picking one up.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

imagine playing a RPG game with lots of in-game text on that tiny screen. JUST IMAGINE IT.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

I don't think it'd induce too many hand cramps if any. It's just small. The system's buttons look fine to play and I bitch about everything. That's definitely cool!
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

Pablo wrote:Anyone else notice that the new smaller gameboy kinda looks like the failed Neo Geo Pocket? Or is it me?
It does.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Jigoku wrote:imagine playing a RPG game with lots of in-game text on that tiny screen. JUST IMAGINE IT.
Most in-game text in GBA games is usually large to compensate for being on a small screen...so...I don't really see that being too much of a problem...esspecially for me since I don't play RPGs on my GBA :)
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Anybody else notice that this is the 3rd form of the same console to be released in 4 years? And almost everybody loves it and wants to buy it, just like they did the last 2 times.

:roll:
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

What's the point in this? Seems like a novelty item to me.
Very sexy hero, omg
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I'm happy with my DS.
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

Maybe we should take another look at this photo here:

Notice the width of the screen compared to the width of the cart. The new screen is actually smaller than the cart! Never mind the hand cramps, what about the eye-strain from trying to play games on it.

Like others, I'll stick with my DS thankyouverymuch.
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

BoneyCork wrote:Anybody else notice that this is the 3rd form of the same console to be released in 4 years? And almost everybody loves it and wants to buy it, just like they did the last 2 times.

yep thats the reason i didnt get and sp :wink:
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Pablo wrote:
DrFreeze wrote:i think it looks damn cool

The Neo Geo Pocket Color was definetly a decent portable; I still love and play mine more than I ever did my old gameboys.

Freeze: Do you know if the Amercan NGPC had any regional lockout on them preventing them from playing imports? Cause I have seen lots of imports on ebay that I wouldn't mind picking up.
Thanks in advance.
I have a couple japanese games I play on my American NGPC

EDIT-I just looked at that pic again, and yeah if the screen is that much smaller than the GBA cart, thats like a 1.7 inch screen. That cant be right...
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Wow. Some games are like going to be unplayable.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
lynx44
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lynx44 »

Thats really cool looking, and cool in concept, but man...I'm really tired of Nintendo doing this kind of stuff. Besides, why would you buy one of those when you could get a DS for maybe $80 more, where the lifetime will last a lot longer? Who doesn't have a GBA in one form or another already, why do we need another one? Again, I like it, but I really wish they would just release the final design in the first place, rather than re-releasing the same console over and over and over again. At least the original Gameboy lasted over a decade, so I can almost see the need for revision there, but this system isn't even old yet.

-Matt
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

They said in the press conference that it is smaller than an iPod mini. That's really freakin' small. They also said that the screen clarity and lighting is similar to the DS. Sooooo...I'll stick with my DS. A great novelty, but unless this is marketed at under $60, it's probably not going to sell too well.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

BoneyCork wrote:Anybody else notice that this is the 3rd form of the same console to be released in 4 years? And almost everybody loves it and wants to buy it, just like they did the last 2 times.

In that case, that's some smart business moves on Nintendo's part.

Why do people complain about Ninty releasing revised gameboy hardware? To me, it's just like cell phones. There's a cellphone for every taste and personality. Nintendo is doing the same thing here. I think it's pretty smart.

And one more thing. Nintendo isn't forcing you to buy the GB so stop whining.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

They are releasing this just because they can. They aren't having to do much hardware redesign at all, which means the R&D costs are minimal. Nintendo are going to make a fortune on these, especially if they can make them the "must have" thing for 8-12 year olds.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

DrFreeze wrote:
anything in there about a next gen game boy?

Just came out of a coma?