Xbox 360 software & hardware screens

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DCFan2004 »

I watched it too, and I was kinda dissapointed with the show itself (lots of filler crap and like 2 seconds worth of anything informative). Some games I thougth looked cool were the NFS game, PGR3, Perfect Dark Zero, as much as I hate EA for buyign NFL rights 2k6 looked impressive if thats what actual gameplay will be, and that Majesco game (can't remember the name). I'm starting to like the look of it too, and when I get one it will most definitely not be standing up. The controllers looked nice a newer adaptation of the S controller. Kinda disapointed about the fact the only thing customizable is the faceplate, but thats what you see mostly so I dunno. Anyone else catch that there was a HDD attached to the top when the girl brought it out of the bag?
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I like how Allard exhorts gamers to "take it out of our hands" and "make Xbox 360 yours".

Hear that, guys? :lol:
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

So when's the thing being released?
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Standard removable 20gb HDD....

woooooooooooooooh
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

scherzo wrote:So when's the thing being released?
november

also, http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/factsheet.htm

dates it to holiday 2005.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/perip ... tsheet.htm
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

backwards compatible?
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Not a chance since the CPU for 360 is PowerPC based and the XBOX is an x86. But, man, 3.2ghz x 3 might be able to pull off emulation of the XBOX. Ha, yeah right.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

I just saw the first "real" news of the 360 on yahoo news, so I am now prepared to coment on its final design.....no sir.....I DONT LIKE IT!
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

It's very cool. This is what the PS2 promised, but somehow I don't think MS is lying. They have money, vision and they don't fuck over their customer base.

I'll be buying one at launch.
Very sexy hero, omg
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

arrowhead wrote:.....no sir.....I DONT LIKE IT!
Ren & Stimpy, right? The horse.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

einbebop44 wrote: and they don't fudge over their customer base.
riiiiiiiiiiight, einbebop44, microsoft, microsoft, einbebop44, seems like you guys have never met before

dont get me wrong though, ms has don OK on the xbox, considerably beter then sony, but seriously, what the fuck is up with the apple ripp off looks?

if the whole mtv launch thing, the "multimedia device" line (i have a fucking PC for that microsoft, it plays games, it plays and holds all my mp3's which is more then your puny 20gb disc will hold, it holds and plays movies, fuck if i want to play a DVD and i can do it on my pc too, oh and guess what, it has constant internet acces too :| ) and this dumb ass trend hopping look are gonna pull through i wont get one

IMHO all this mainstream crap ruins games, look at the psp, they buffed up the specs so much you have 0 battery life, umd discs are utter crap, and the units are sony's usual low qual fabrication, and now this with this new and hip xbox, WTF, we need a comp dedicating themselves to real gamers, not casual gamers, fuck if they wont make as much money
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

scherzo wrote:
arrowhead wrote:.....no sir.....I DONT LIKE IT!
Ren & Stimpy, right? The horse.
Good eyes, yes it is the horse.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

DrFreeze wrote:
riiiiiiiiiiight, einbebop44, microsoft, microsoft, einbebop44, seems like you guys have never met before

dont get me wrong though, ms has don OK on the xbox, considerably beter then sony, but seriously, what the fudge is up with the apple ripp off looks?

if the whole mtv launch thing, the "multimedia device" line (i have a fudging PC for that microsoft, it plays games, it plays and holds all my mp3's which is more then your puny 20gb disc will hold, it holds and plays movies, fudge if i want to play a DVD and i can do it on my pc too, oh and guess what, it has constant internet acces too :| ) and this dumb ass trend hopping look are gonna pull through i wont get one

IMHO all this mainstream crap ruins games, look at the psp, they buffed up the specs so much you have 0 battery life, umd discs are utter crap, and the units are sony's usual low qual fabrication, and now this with this new and hip xbox, WTF, we need a comp dedicating themselves to real gamers, not casual gamers, fudge if they wont make as much money
nintendo?
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

well yeah you do have a point, and i do like nintendo for that

the problem however is that lately the only reason to get a gamecube is the nintendo first party stuff, which is quality stuff, but i dont know how much longer i can stand those super happy sugar coated minigames in mario party, same goes for every other ninty game except for zelda and metroid, and since im not all that into zelda, that only leaves metroid to balance against oh uh, i dont know a real big bunch of shooter games and such on a platform like the xbox

no im not saying nintendo is kiddy, im just saying im getting sick of the endless stream of happy colorfilled games from them
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

DrFreeze wrote:

dont get me wrong though, ms has don OK on the xbox, considerably beter then sony, but seriously, what the fudge is up with the apple ripp off looks?

if the whole mtv launch thing, the "multimedia device" line (i have a fudging PC for that microsoft, it plays games, it plays and holds all my mp3's which is more then your puny 20gb disc will hold, it holds and plays movies, fudge if i want to play a DVD and i can do it on my pc too, oh and guess what, it has constant internet acces too :| ) and this dumb ass trend hopping look are gonna pull through i wont get one

IMHO all this mainstream crap ruins games, look at the psp, they buffed up the specs so much you have 0 battery life, umd discs are utter crap, and the units are sony's usual low qual fabrication, and now this with this new and hip xbox, WTF, we need a comp dedicating themselves to real gamers, not casual gamers, fudge if they wont make as much money
You're an idiot. "OMG TEH MS!!! IS THE WORST!!!!!" "OMG TEH CASUAL GAMERZ!!!!'

I apologize, but I am actually one of those people who *like* MS's products. OMG! They work for me, the work well, the support is nice to me, they don't break, and they deliver what they promise on. The way I see it, what MS is doing here is similar to what they did when Windows first came out: take a good idea made by someone else (in this case, Sony's vision for the PS2/PS3 center of the living room/interactivity biz) and make it better.

There's some cool stuff they have planned for Xbox 360. Get your head out of your damn ass and stop pretending the 360 is trying to replace a PC. It's obviously not, and if you can't see that, you're pretty hopeless.
Very sexy hero, omg
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

i watched the video myself and 2 things caught my eye and may make me buy it at launch (hell, i should have a job by then. ill be good to go for getting something at launch for once. lol): inclusion of a full-on, PnP supporting (as stated in the video, you can acess files across the network and even view photos off a digital camera) media center and the skinning support.

ive never been one to dis MS too much (ive done it every now and then when one of their products has really pissed me off. which reminds me, i still have to figure out why the task scheduler is fucked up on the server computer in the house :| ). its like the old saying: dont bite the hand that feeds you. but MS did a real nice job with the xbox 360. and it deinfitely proves they know what they are doing.

again, keep up the good work MS. :)
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

The MTV show was so shit it's not funny. Perfect Dark Zero didn't look too great but the PGR3, Gears of War and Ghost Recon 3 trailers on mtv.com all blew me away. I can't wait till E3 to see everything else in the pipeline for next gen.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I watched the video that MKE suggested since I don't get MTV. I don't like it's dependance on Xbox Live, since I never plan to hook it up to the internet. Love the wireless controllers and changable faceplate.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

DrFreeze wrote:
if the whole mtv launch thing, the "multimedia device" line (i have a fudging PC for that microsoft, it plays games, it plays and holds all my mp3's which is more then your puny 20gb disc will hold,
it holds and plays movies, fudge if i want to play a DVD and i can do it on my pc too, oh and guess what, it has constant internet acces too :| ) and this dumb ass trend hopping look are gonna pull through i wont get one
Yes but did your pc cost $300-400, and is it as powerfull as the xbox 360?.

You can say you have a pc that can do all that all you want, but can you have your pc in your living room next to your big screen tv?, and the is no way is your pc as powerfull as the 360 for the same price, so your comment imo was lame.
DrFreeze wrote: IMHO all this mainstream crap ruins games, look at the psp, they buffed up the specs so much you have 0 battery life, umd discs are utter crap, and the units are sony's usual low qual fabrication, and now this with this new and hip xbox, WTF, we need a comp dedicating themselves to real gamers, not casual gamers, fudge if they wont make as much money
DrFreeze wrote: the problem however is that lately the only reason to get a gamecube is the nintendo first party stuff, which is quality stuff, but i dont know how much longer i can stand those super happy sugar coated minigames in mario party, same goes for every other ninty game except for zelda and metroid, and since im not all that into zelda, that only leaves metroid to balance against oh uh, i dont know a real big bunch of shooter games and such on a platform like the xbox
You have giving yourself your answere right there, if a console comes out just for the "Hardcore" gamers it most likely wont sell much, and in return wont get much suppert from 3rd party devs.
So if you want a console made just for gamers don't be complaining about almost no 3rd party suppert, and if you want 3rd party suppert don't be complaining about games going mainstream :roll: .
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

*sigh* ill just stop posting in these kind of threads then

IMHO (notice those 4 letters) i dont like this new xbox 360 concept

and as for my pc not costing 300-400 bucks, your right, it cost me more, but you need to realize i already have my pc because i need it for schoolwork, web browsing and other stuff only a PC (or mac, but lets talk price with those things eh?) can give me, so i already have a nice PC

i also have one fully functional PC built into a casing smaller then an xbox, capable of playing movies and DVD, which does happen to cost less then 300-400, its new case looks quite stilish, and if i had a big screen living room TV, i wouldnt mind putting this pc next to it

but this is my last post in this thread, i dont care enough to be flamed again just for expressing my opinion, off course i do believe im perfectly right, so there is no point in trying to contradict my posts, i believe im right, period

and in all my posts i was expressing my own opinion, if i want to get flamed for having an opinion ill just travel back in time to soviet russia, or errrrr, maybe the US
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007