Is there a comprehensive list (or even basic) of VMU games?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is there a comprehensive list (or even basic) of VMU games?

Post by Raijin Z »

Not homebrew games, I can't do anything with CDRs on account of my Rev2 DC, and I'm not about to start messing with deadzone dialup. Just stuff like Arcadia, Tech Romancer, and to a lesser extent, Powerstone 2 had.

Google and this board's search function are being cumguzzling cockmongers.
DeeMON
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeeMON »

homes, u lookin for VMU games?
arent there loads on Booyaka? :?:
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

Allow me to reiterate. I'd like to know which official games for Dreamcast have VMU games/widgets/whatever with them. For example, Powerstone 2 has a "book" you can use to select five items that only you can pick up in versus mode. Tech Romancer has a couple games that let you earn coins to buy special bonuses. Sonic Adventure has that Chao raising virtual pet crap... Stuff like that. I constantly carry my red VMU on a strap around my neck, to use as a clock. It'd be nice to be able to mess with minigames while I'm away from the DC, to earn crap for the games they spawned from.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Blue swirl has loads of mini games listed but I'm not sure if it's all of them.

http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/frame.php?lg=en

http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/minigame ... n&menu=off
DeeMON
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeeMON »

Allow me to reiterate. I'd like to know which official games for Dreamcast have VMU games/widgets/whatever with them. For example, Powerstone 2 has a "book" you can use to select five items that only you can pick up in versus mode. Tech Romancer has a couple games that let you earn coins to buy special bonuses. Sonic Adventure has that Chao raising virtual pet crap... Stuff like that. I constantly carry my red VMU on a strap around my neck, to use as a clock. It'd be nice to be able to mess with minigames while I'm away from the DC, to earn crap for the games they spawned from.
ok, i think Sega GT has one...that's about all i know...im yet to own a descent collection of DC games :x

i think some people made homebrew versions of soul calibur and stuff, they look like mini games taken from the original game but they cant be interfaced with the original games (like in upload scores n stuff)
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

I think the Soul Calibur mini-game was actually made by Namco, but it just wasn't included in the game, it could only be downloaded form Sega's site. There was a football VMU game like that, too, that was probably meant to go with NFL2K. There's also a set of three or four games that were made to go with Evil Twin that got cut at the last minute, but their original author (Omar Cornut) got rights to distribute them separately online and they're really among the best VMU games I've played.

...word is bondage...
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

in my opinion the three most fun vmu mini games are: pinta's quest from skies of arcadia, the racing game from sega GT, and Time Stalkers/Climax Landers' Monster Trainer.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

quzar wrote:in my opinion the three most fun vmu mini games are: pinta's quest from skies of arcadia, the racing game from sega GT, and Time Stalkers/Climax Landers' Monster Trainer.
I agree 100%
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

And I didn't even like Sega GT's game, but I must admit it was done nicely. I never got to unlock things and I got bored quite fast, but I think that's just me :P

Pinta's Quest was nice for awhile, but I never got to play it that much and it didn't have much use for me other than testing it, since I already completed the game, and didn't want to start all over again.

The biggest complaint about the VMU in general is that it's sucking the battery empty without me knowing it!
2 of those batteries cost me about 10 euros so they're really expensive (might as well get myself a new vmu :roll: )
I bought myself a VMU a couple of months ago, and without even playing a game the battery went empty! All because when I turn off the DC the VMU stays on :evil:
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

My solution to that was simply to put the little cardboard tab back in the VMU when I'm not using it. wth a little bendage, it will fit into the DC controller slot A with the tab in.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Smurph wrote:My solution to that was simply to put the little cardboard tab back in the VMU when I'm not using it. wth a little bendage, it will fit into the DC controller slot A with the tab in.
I did the same thing :D