SBI Builder Question-BASS

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
evanft
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SBI Builder Question-BASS

Post by evanft »

I'm trying to make an SBI for Beneath a Steel Sky (files over at DC Evolution) and I can't quite figure out how to create an SBI using these files. Help!
Last edited by evanft on Wed May 11, 2005 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
evanft
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by evanft »

Well, it's kinda obvious to me that I was pretty vague in my post, so allow me to clarify:

I downloaded the plain files for BASS at DCevolution, as their Nero image was DAO, and I have Nero 6. I also downloaded the actual game CD files from the ScummVM website according to the instructions over at DCevolution. They said to put these files in the root directory (I'm assuming they mean root game directory).

So I have a BASS folder that has these files in it:

Guide Folder
Menu Folder
Read Folder
1st_read.bin
binload.bin
intro.dxi
ip.bin
mainmenu.dxl
sky.dnr (actual game CD file)
sky.dsk (actual game CD file)

All the folders are needed, as they are various images and text added into the ScummVM interface just for BASS.

So I need to know where to put what in SBI builder.
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

The BASS plain files from DC Evolution won't work as an SBI for you, they were created as a stand alone image, however they will work if you alter some file paths etc. (you'd need to know about altering Dream Inducer files). If you really want to make an SBI for BASS, your best bet would be to download the latest ScummVM binary and use the BASS CD files along with those. The plain files at DC Evolution are old now compared to some of the CVS builds and official builds of ScummVM (i.e. no intro movie skip via virtual keyboard), there is a massive update for DC Evo's BASS image coming soon by the way.
Across the Universe
evanft
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by evanft »

Oh really?? Well, then I'll just wait for that, then.