can you repair non working control ports

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Georgie
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Georgie »

yea the only problem is that most DC's break because of the resistor Shorting (or the gd-rom)
#1 quote
Orange_Ribbon wrote:I feel my crotch is a blank slate in witch to promote spider man, or captain america.
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

Hi guys.. this is my first post, although i check this forum daily to check out all the DC shite. :)

Anyway, I have a us/ntsc Dreamcast and all controllerports work fine, unless you pull the controller cable just slightly or if you wobble the controller. It looks like my controller plug has a connection problem with the controllerport A and B if i pull the cable or if i touch the plug of the controller. But if i keep still, everything works.

Any help would be great guys!! Thanks

Cheers
:roll:
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Ok, so it works fine with C+D?
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

Jup.. no problem at all.. so it might be that A+B is used too much? :o

I was thinking to buy another DC and replace the controller sockets.. or does anybody has some other tips?

Thanks!
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Gameholic wrote:Jup.. no problem at all.. so it might be that A+B is used too much? :o
Sounds likely.
Gameholic wrote:I was thinking to buy another DC and replace the controller sockets.. or does anybody has some other tips?

Thanks!
If you can get a DC with controller ports in good condition for cheap, that is certainly one solution. Then you also may get extra spare parts or even a mostly-complete backup DC. Alternatively you can try to track down a replacement board, but that would probably prove more difficult and/or costly.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

Alexvrb wrote:
Gameholic wrote:Jup.. no problem at all.. so it might be that A+B is used too much? :o
Sounds likely.
Gameholic wrote:I was thinking to buy another DC and replace the controller sockets.. or does anybody has some other tips?

Thanks!
If you can get a DC with controller ports in good condition for cheap, that is certainly one solution. Then you also may get extra spare parts or even a mostly-complete backup DC. Alternatively you can try to track down a replacement board, but that would probably prove more difficult and/or costly.
Thanks for your reply Alexvrb. I'll just going to look out for a spare DC.. i'll try to look for a PAL machine, as i got a JAP/NTSC and US/NTSC. :P