5/03/2005 Dreamcast Games

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

5/03/2005 Dreamcast Games

Post by U.2.K. »

What dc games are you playing as of today?

Me, i am playing Star Wars, Taxi 2(Not Crazy Taxi 2), K.I.S.S, The Nomad Soul.

As i mention before i got like 90 games sitting in a box, that i havent even played yet, so i gots to look forward too. :D

I am looking forward to playing spawn and headhunter and heavy metal geo matrix.
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Bomberman Online-very fun to play with/without friends

Sega Smash Pac vol. 1 Love playing Sonic, GoldenAxe, and Altered Beast

Dead or Alive 2; I have been trying to do that one code where you get a top score in Endurance, and enter your name as "RealDemo". Supposesdly, it unlocks the original arcade intro. HAS anyone else had any success with this code. Maybe it is cause I still blow at the game, but I am having trouble.

Soul Caliber-mostly still playing the story mode

Resident Evil: Code Veronica-Finished it before, but still fun to play, and try to finish it faster

Quake 3: Arena-Just cause it is soooo fun. Violence rulz!!!

And since I just got my dc chipped, I have been searching ebay for some decent import titles that my friends have recommended.
ducktapevoodoo
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by ducktapevoodoo »

i play gundam fed. vs zeon dx a lot
bomberman online and capcom vs snk 2 most my other games just sit there i prefer my saturn and master system over dc
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I'm at the beginning of disc 3 of Shenmue, still need to finish it but I lost interest a bit. (because I want myself to see more things of the game, I am not advancing with the story)

Also I don't have much time now with examns coming up.

Some other games I play regularly are Quake 3 and Ooga Booga with my brother.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

I've been playing da hell outta da shooters. Lotsa Border Down, Psyvariar 2, Noiz2sa Over Dreamcast (someone needs to port rRootage, it seems like it would be easy if you use the excellent Noiz2sa port as a template), Mars Matrix, Zero Gunner 2. I'm not really feeling Ikaruga right now, though, oddly. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy Chaos Field and/or Trizeal and I'm still looking for Twinkle Star Sprites.

And since I just compiled my first Dream Inducer homebrew comilation in over a year, I'm enjoying all the new homebrews. Especially DC Squares, Joggle and Super Mario War. And the golden oldies, too, of course, like Amanda, dRxLax, etc.

I just bought Omikron (The Nomad Soul) a few months ago and haven't started on it, though I'm looking forward to it despite the lukewarm reviews it gets. Now's not the time, though.

Taxi 2, by the way...I got all the way to the insanely hard last mission in that game and then I lost my save (I lost all my saves to all of my games a couple years ago) and I haven't been able to beat more than the first couple missions since then. I don't know whay that is. I sort of like the game despite how lo-fi it is.

...word is bondage...
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

ducktapevoodoo wrote:i play gundam fed. vs zeon dx a lot
Same here, I've playing it for the past few days.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Juan wrote:
ducktapevoodoo wrote:i play gundam fed. vs zeon dx a lot
Same here, I've playing it for the past few days.
i think i have actually beaten every scenario with every mobil suit.

my other favorites are Crazy Taxi 2, Bust -a- Move 4, and Super Puzzle Fighter 2X
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

Sweater Fish wrote:I've been playing da hell outta da shooters. Lotsa Border Down, Psyvariar 2, Noiz2sa Over Dreamcast (someone needs to port rRootage, it seems like it would be easy if you use the excellent Noiz2sa port as a template), Mars Matrix, Zero Gunner 2. I'm not really feeling Ikaruga right now, though, oddly. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy Chaos Field and/or Trizeal and I'm still looking for Twinkle Star Sprites.

And since I just compiled my first Dream Inducer homebrew comilation in over a year, I'm enjoying all the new homebrews. Especially DC Squares, Joggle and Super Mario War. And the golden oldies, too, of course, like Amanda, dRxLax, etc.

I just bought Omikron (The Nomad Soul) a few months ago and haven't started on it, though I'm looking forward to it despite the lukewarm reviews it gets. Now's not the time, though.

Taxi 2, by the way...I got all the way to the insanely hard last mission in that game and then I lost my save (I lost all my saves to all of my games a couple years ago) and I haven't been able to beat more than the first couple missions since then. I don't know whay that is. I sort of like the game despite how lo-fi it is.

...word is bondage...
Taxi 2 requires patience for real, things can get crazy trying to dodge the traffic, i'm in level 9 i think, and the FMV is funny tho, had me rolling a few times.

And about the nomal soul, trust me, that is one of the greatest games ever made for dreamcast. Once you get into the game and play it for a while, you would like it. The music rocks too, you can go into bars and watch bands play, david bowie music.

If you need any help on the game, holla at me or go here:

http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/sg/omikron_the_nomad_soul.txt

Peace!
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

R

E

Z
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

...with the occasional Soul Calibur and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 thrown in. To be honest, the DC would get used a lot more if we had full-function wireless controllers for it. As it stands, we have to sit right in front of the TV to play, or the cords won't reach...and we have a bigscreen HDTV, so it's a little hard to see that way.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

DaMadFiddler wrote:...with the occasional Soul Calibur and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 thrown in. To be honest, the DC would get used a lot more if we had full-function wireless controllers for it. As it stands, we have to sit right in front of the TV to play, or the cords won't reach...and we have a bigscreen HDTV, so it's a little hard to see that way.
I use controller extension cables.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

We have so many people coming and going that cables would just create a tripping hazard. Seriously. Six people live in our house, four of whom are in long-term relationships, and we also have various other friends over pretty regularly. Our house is only one story, and you have to go past the TV to get to the front door. That's too much foot traffic for cords to be running everywhere.
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

DaMadFiddler wrote:...with the occasional Soul Calibur and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 thrown in. To be honest, the DC would get used a lot more if we had full-function wireless controllers for it. As it stands, we have to sit right in front of the TV to play, or the cords won't reach...and we have a bigscreen HDTV, so it's a little hard to see that way.
Weren't there wireless controllers made for the dc?

Anyway, as far as games I am playing for dc:

Sonc Adventure 1, 2
Rez
Ikaruga
Soul Caliber
Marvel vs. Capcom 2, which I think is better than the box version
HeadHunter
and Shenmue 1,2. both jap versions.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Trizeal, a lot!
PSOv2, try to play every other night.
DCsquares
NXdoom, Doom 2
*The Cadillac of signatures*
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

There weren't any wireless controllers made that had an analog stick.
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Trizeal
Daytona (every single day, for the last 3~4 years)
REZ
Rayman 2
Sonic Adv 2
RE2
Crazy Taxi
Hydro Thunder
TXR2 (almost every day since it came out in japan)
Head Hunter

the list goes on and on
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

Omikron the Nomad Soul is terribly under-rated. The music (David Bowie) is pretty damn kick ass and the game is from what I've seen freaking long as hell. I also picked it up not too long ago, but I haven't had time to play around very much. But that's okay, summer break is in a few weeks. That's definately on my "must beat" list.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

After reading these comments on the Nomad Soul I'm definately gonna pick it up. If it's a god game I have a great time with it. If not it's still nice to see another game added to my collection. And for 1 euro I can't imagine it will be a waste of money :P
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Taxi 2 requires patience for real, things can get crazy trying to dodge the traffic, i'm in level 9 i think, and the FMV is funny tho, had me rolling a few times.
In the last couple missions, there's even kamikaze yakuza in black Mitsubishis trying to take you out. It's pretty cool, though mostly inneffective.
We have so many people coming and going that cables would just create a tripping hazard. Seriously. Six people live in our house, four of whom are in long-term relationships, and we also have various other friends over pretty regularly. Our house is only one story, and you have to go past the TV to get to the front door. That's too much foot traffic for cords to be running everywhere.
Well, just tear up your carpet and run the extension cables underneath. Use your head, man!

...word is bondage...
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Crazy Taxi 2,
B!EEM MGS & GT2,
Shenmue 2,

I'd play SSFIIX a lot more if i could find a decent six button pad somewhere.