Mounting ISOs as a disc without Toast

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mounting ISOs as a disc without Toast

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

I know that Mac OSX allows you to mount ISOs disc image files as virtual disk drives, but all you can do is look at the files; it won't behave like the disc it's a copy of.

In Toast, you can mount an image file as if an actual disc had been inserted. This is a big deal because I can make ISOs of DVDs and watch them easily on my iBook (which only has a CD drive) when I travel.

But, it's somewhat annoying to have to open up Toast to then mount an image. Also, because I don't have a burner on my iBook, that's the main thing I use Toast for: mounting images.

Is there a program that does the same thing as the mount image option in Toast? Is there a way to set up some ability to mount it just by double cliking on it after telling OSX to always open ISOs in a certain program or maybe through a script of some sort?
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Extract the Video TS folder from the iso, Or instead of creating an iso,

If you wanna store a DVD on to your hd and watch it on your mac just use DVD backup, it was made just for that purpose.

Then just select the video TS folder with apple DVD player, There's no need to mount a disk.
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

It's kinda embarassing... I double clicked on a ISO of a DVD and thought to open DVD player just to see what happened, and it treated the virtual disk drive as if it was an actual DVD, so, I guess that's pretty much what I was looking for :P
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Hey... I'm back with the same issue (guess you could say I spoke too soon). When I made my last post, I was doing what I described in it on my Power Mac G5. It didn't give me any problems because the system includes a DVD drive. When I tried doing the same thing on my G3 iBook (with only a CD drive), the DVD player said that there was no valid DVD drive found, and quit. To watch an DVD from an ISO file, I had to go back to mounting the image in Toast, and then opening DVD player.

Soooo.... the question in my original post is back on. Is there any way to mount an ISO file and have it treated like an actual inserted disc (instead of just a virtual disk drive) without Toast?