MP3

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MP3

Post by Joestar »

where can i get sonic adventure mp3? cos i want the music for emerald coast..it's so good!
Oz
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Oz »

CG1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by CG1 »

if you cant find it there try http://www.kazaa.com but you'll prolly find it on audio galaxy
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

hmmm.... well, I'd like an MP3 of Jet Set (Grind) Radios "Rock It On", and if anyone has a weblink for it PM me, because it'll *probably* be on a warez site somewhere...

I don't want Kazaa or Audiogalaxy (Spyware and Trojans and viruses, oh my!) or any other file sharing progs, but if someones 'come across it' I'd be very grateful...

I could do one myself, but I can't be arsed to do DC JSR Sound test to Hi-Fi with Scart / Stereo leads cable to Minidisc to Computer .WAV to .MP3...

And I can't plug me DCs stereo leads directly into me computers soundcard as I don't have a spare power point near it... (I have a portable MD player)

Actually, anyone with a warez copy of JSR could probably help me out and MP3 it for me then upload to somehwere... I'm not going to ask any questions ;)

This whole thread is slightly dodgy territory by the way - apparently even if you own a copy of the game in question, having MP3s of its music isn't *strictly* legit...
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Aces! Rock it On is my favorite song from JSR also. If you find a copy of it I'd be interested in it as well.

Ripping it from the disc would be a bit tricky: the music is stored in a tracked format (elements of the song are stored seperately so it can be mixed on the fly with other songs for transitions, and to reduce the amount of Sound ram taken up). You can't just pick a file off the disc and convert it.

There is, however, an official JSR sound track available in Japan. It'd be a fairly expensive and hard to find import but it would be a legit way to get at it, and it's probably already mixed to end cleanly so you don't have to add your own fade out.

Update

http://www.rpgamers.net/Shop/ViewItem.cfm?ShopId=63

These guys have it for $49.95, which is precisely five times more expensive than the actual Jet Grind Radio game at my local EB. I think it could be had more cheaply elsewhere, but not much more.

Still, if you're a hardcore JSR fan, then there's something you can get to prove that you're a hardcore JSR fan.[/url]
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

[quote=Heliophobe]
Aces! Rock it On is my favorite song from JSR also. If you find a copy of it I'd be interested in it as well.
[/quote]

So, uh, what do *you* think the lyrics are saying? I always thought it was "f*ck that sh*t homey!" but *apparently* its supposed to be "Rock that Shinobi!"

And to be honest I'm not sure which I'd prefer ;)

/me singing to myself "viva - viva - la revolution!"
Aika
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Tried here?

Post by Aika »

Best place I can think of for Sonic mp3s is Shadow of a Hedgehog.

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/sonic/sonic.html
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

You can get JSR mp3's, which includes Rock It on, from Morpheus.

If you're worried about spyware, use Ad-Aware to get rid of it.
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

/Me is collecting JSR Mp3 files as I speak. . . .Keep forgetting about the game :)
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

For anyone that is interested here is the complete track list for JGR (US Version) :)

1. Humming the Baseline - Hideki Naganuma
2. Improvise - Jurassic 5
3. Let Mom Sleep - Hideki Naganuma
4. 'Bout the City - Reps
5. Dragula - Rob Zombie
6. Electric Tooth Brush - Toronto
7. Everybody Jump Around - Richard Jaques
8. Funky Radio - B.B. Rights
9. Grace and Glory - Hideki Naganuma
10.Just Got Wicked - Cold
11.Magical Girl - Guitar Vader
12.Miller Ball Breakers - Deavid Soul
13.Mischievous Boy - Castle Logical
14.Moody Shuffle - Hideki Naganuma
15.O.K. House - Idol Taxi
16.On the Bowl - Deavid Soul
17.Patrol Knob - Mix Master Mike
18.Rock It On - Hideki Naganuma
19.Slow - Professional Murder Machine
20.Sneakman - Hideki Naganuma
21.Super Brothers - Guitar Vader
22.Sweet Soul Brother - Hideki Naganuma
23.That's Enough - Hideki Naganuma
24.Up-Set Attack - Deavid Soul
25.Yappie Feet - Deavid Soul
26.Yellow Beam - F-Fields
Last edited by Mr Spoon on Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

And me has em all :)
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

For those interested in Music trivia, the sample used throughout 'Let Mom Sleep' is the same one George Michael used at the end of 'Too Funky'...

Hey Mr. S, if you get web hosting again, want to 'share the love' of Rock It On with us??? ;)
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

Me has got hosting now with someone who is well known on the DCemu/Dev scene who shall remain nameless so he dosnt get tonnes of PMs asking for hosting. . . . Not sure what his views are on copyrighted music though :(
I shall ask and see what he says :)
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

/me keeping my fingers crossed on that one...

Hey, you could always do a 'non-public' link! <HINT HINT HINT> ;)
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

If you want, I could download it off morpheous for you if your so paranoid about it, and either send it over a Instant messenging program or upload it (I'd need a webspace though.)

I'd be glad to help out anyway I can.
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

Gonna send em over ICQ next time im on here from home :)
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

[quote=Nyarlathotep]
So, uh, what do *you* think the lyrics are saying? I always thought it was "f*ck that sh*t homey!" but *apparently* its supposed to be "Rock that Shinobi!"
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it's "Rock that [somethingorother]", where [somethingorother] isn't "Shinobi".

Since the rest of the song (and the most of the other songs by Hideki Naganuma) seem to be composed of samples found from other sources, rather than lyrics that were recorded for the song itself, I don't know where they'd find someone saying "Rock that Shinobi".
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

I dunno... I think theres some 'original' music and samples in there as well... for example super brothers *really* seems to be about the Mario Bros. - gawd knows why!!!
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

The sample in question was used again in that film Blade and is definately "Rock that sh*t homey" :)
Son_Goku
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Son_Goku »

I have some sonic adventure MP3's, so just check it out at morpheus. I'm on there all the time.