Save state problem

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Save state problem

Post by DARKGATE »

:( pig dog, today have begin an adventure of supernes with dreamcast using DREAMSNES (SAILORMOON RPG) :|, but i don't understand what i make fo save the game.

When play, you can save, but when exit from the game for select another game, what happen to the file saved?

In the option of dreamsnes is active AUTOSAVE - YES, but for load my file? (i see when load the game a small memory card in screen but don't understand) O-O.
I have a memory card from Third part :|.

For example who play to rpg how can resolve this problem?

An thanks at all.

p.s. However this emu for rpg go very well, to part the save = \

P.P.S. SCHERZO when you make get out the your superfamicast near to fullspeed i think wich our make a statue.

p.p.p.s The 90% of the games of supernes are RPG o_o.
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

Your file is saved in the memory card that is in the first slot. It loads when you select load in the game itself.

Sailor Moon RPG have some sound problems better to play that game on PC anyway.
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

hummmm =| tekkaman1 but where you go for load, the file saved, if i don't understand wrong, you tell me wich the save game on SAILORMOON RPG don't work?

=| thanks bye.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

When you exit the game you have to go back into the game for the save to work. I haven't played DreamSnes in awhile, but I think you have to press start to load a game.
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

DARKGATE wrote:hummmm =| tekkaman1 but where you go for load, the file saved, if i don't understand wrong, you tell me wich the save game on SAILORMOON RPG don't work?

=| thanks bye.
If you are using a vmu you should hear a beep when you are saving. If you just want to test if the file is saved correctly(it always saves correctly). Hold the analog to the right until a blue window appears then select reset. The game will restart. After the title screen select load. You select load on the game not on the emulator.

If you want to see the saved files turn on your DC without any disk. Go to the dancing VMU. Select the first slot. The files with a fireball are files saved by Dsnes.

I hope this helps.
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:| I TRIED more methods

1) when in the menu is active AUTOSAVE ON and start a game (rpg) don't see the small picture of vmu, for active it i disable autosave and when load the rom exit from the game and active AUTOSAVE On, RESUME the game and see for lot of seconds the small VMU in the screen (a file came saved in my vmu, if i open the dreamcast without the cd, i can see the file saved) but when i start the emu and select the game and start don't happen nothing :|.
Dont load the save state, and in my vmu in don't see image of FIREBALL but the face of elf :).

P.S. if start the games with autosave on, don't save nothing in my vmu.

2) method 2, i always start the rom with autosave OFF, play and save the file in game, and when save exit from game and active the autosave to ON, but don't happen nothing :?| .

p.p.s when i save in game and reset the rom the file is always there, but when i select another game, the save disappear :| .

Excuse me boys for me questions, but i don't know what make .

REPEAT MY VMU don't is original from sega, but a MULTI VMU.
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

I HAVE RESOLVED THE PROBLEM, i call my friend and lend me his VMU ORIGINAL by SEGA, and the save game now work perfect.

The only problem is find a VMU for me :?| in my city the dreamcast is considered garbage :??| sigh.
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

DARKGATE wrote::| I TRIED more methods

1) when in the menu is active AUTOSAVE ON and start a game (rpg) don't see the small picture of vmu, for active it i disable autosave and when load the rom exit from the game and active AUTOSAVE On, RESUME the game and see for lot of seconds the small VMU in the screen (a file came saved in my vmu, if i open the dreamcast without the cd, i can see the file saved) but when i start the emu and select the game and start don't happen nothing :|.
Dont load the save state, and in my vmu in don't see image of FIREBALL but the face of elf :).

P.S. if start the games with autosave on, don't save nothing in my vmu.

2) method 2, i always start the rom with autosave OFF, play and save the file in game, and when save exit from game and active the autosave to ON, but don't happen nothing :?| .

p.p.s when i save in game and reset the rom the file is always there, but when i select another game, the save disappear :| .

Excuse me boys for me questions, but i don't know what make .

REPEAT MY VMU don't is original from sega, but a MULTI VMU.
I haven't used a multi VMU. But were you using the last version of Dsnes? The icon of the file saved by Dsnes are a fireball. Maybe you are using a different version. Mine is the halloween version and I think it's the last version.
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:? my version too hallowen version,(see the girl where rain from sky pumpinks the O_O v 0.98 O_O but my save not have fireball image O_O. BOOOOOOOOOOH =| .

Now would a VMU ORIGINAL.
All rpg games of snes are very playable :) .
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

DARKGATE wrote::? my version too hallowen version,(see the girl where rain from sky pumpinks the O_O v 0.98 O_O but my save not have fireball image O_O. BOOOOOOOOOOH =| .

Now would a VMU ORIGINAL.
All rpg games of snes are very playable :) .
Strange.

About the RPG's I have only tried the Sailor Moon RPG and the Ranma RPG. In Sailor Moon the game slows down a lot. The Ranma RPG is fine. Some people say that the Final Fanstasy games run slow.
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:wink: yes lot slow but are playable very good the rpg, eccept someone but run good.

I see wich (my dreamcast is pal) when the games run to 60HZ go more slow,
when put the refresh screen to 50hz, all the games run more fluid, and add at 10% of speed :) .
I play all with 50hz, tried and see.

I play good for example STREET FIGHTER 2 WORLD WARRIORS ^_^ .
Bye.
My setting
------------
audio mono
refresh 50hz
trasparence off
--------------------

:wink: if don't exit a new superfamicast can be good a dreamsnes emu for rpg only ^_^.
I don't look the future, look the present and for now DREAMSNES is top can be, between 10 years exit superfamicast.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

What language do you speak, and where are you located? Maybe I could send you a vmu, for free even.

Try babelfish for your posts, cause half of the time I cant understand what you are saying.

Final Fantasy games only slow down at a couple parts but are very playable. Except for mystic quest, because of the fog in a cave at the beginning of the game is not see through and you must have transparency on AND that causes slowdown.
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:cry: you don't understand me =| ?
My english is poor, sorry.
However i have tried in a shop italian a VMU ORIGINAL to 19 euro, patience.
I'm sicilian ^_^ , boys write very rubbish in english? :| .
The dreamsnes can be good for rpg that is all :).
Bye.
)()(
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

Alright i dont understand, is there an updated version where we can save games now?
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "
eowypadme
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by eowypadme »

Is it possible to save a game while your playing it, and just load the game from there? Like you can do with NesterDC?
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.2.K. »

Someone who actually plays dreamnes, needs to get back to us and let us know how to save a game and come back to the same game.

Thats one reason why i gave up on dreamnes, because i cant save a game and come back. :(
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "