I'm having trouble with cdi2tao

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
evanft
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I'm having trouble with cdi2tao

Post by evanft »

I'm using cdi2tao to convert a cdi from http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showth ... ge=1&pp=10, but when I load up the CDI, it says it's an unsupported image type. I would use cdi2nero, as that converted the image, but I'm using nero 6, so I have to use cdi2tao. Any ideas on what I could do??

EDIT: I tried it with another CDI, and it worked fine.

EDIT 2: I noticed that cdi2tao says "cdi2nero 0.9 beta (c)2000" or something along those lines. cdi2nero, though, says "cdi2nero 0.9.9 (c)2002". I don't know if there any significance to that or not.

EDIT 3: Could I use a program to extract the bin from the original image, then use sbi builder with the bin file to create an SBI that could then be turned into an image by Self Boot Inducer?? I don't have a DC right now, so I can't test this.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

CDI2Nero 0.9 beta, was used for a command line version to be able to use the selfbooting tools to create a TAO image.

The newest version, 0.9.9 doesn't have any arguments to use, so it's impossible to create a TAO image with this version through just the command line.

I know this from when I created BootDreams.

You can use ISOBuster or CDMage to extract the contents of CD images. I don't know how far along ISOBuster is, but I know for sure that CDMage will extract plan files from Nero and DiscJuggler images.

Another note: supposedly, the newest version of Nero 6.6 something doesn't have problems with any Nero images -- I can't confirm this though.

Hope that answers all your questions.
evanft
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by evanft »

I dled isobuster to check it out. It extracted the bin file and seemed to work fine. If I extract a bin file, can I JUST use that to make an SBI, or do I need to do more??

I also have Nero 6.6, so I'll try burning DAO images and I'll let you know if it works.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

No, you'll need everything else, since you're making an SBI of the VMU tool with all the VMU saves.

You don't need the IP.BIN though.

You can then use SBI Builder to make an SBI of those files.
evanft
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by evanft »

So what do I have to use to get all the files out?? Isobuster only got the bin file.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

... what are you trying to so with the raw files? I can probably throw whatever you're doing together real quick for you...
evanft
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by evanft »

Since cdi2tao doesn't work with this particular image, I'm trying to extract the contents of the image so I can make an SBI using SBI Builder. Then I want to use SelfBoot Inducer to create a burnable Nero TAO image.

Also, I'm going to want to try and add my own save games to the file. There's a descritption of how to do this in the thread, but I need to extract the image before I can add files.