Help needed really bad! PC crisis.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Link2k4 »

the problem is I don't have XP I have win 98 :(. also I don't have the drivers for this modem because the idiot is greedy like that,is there anyway to restore system on 98? I would try this on another computer is I have one...........GOD THIS PROBLEM IS SO PISSES ME OFF (cries from fustration again}
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I'm pretty sure Windows 98 has a system restore feature... Try looking on google.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

System Restore was first released with WinME
It's thinking...
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

I remember the good old GoBack software that came with Gateway computers back when my mom got hers in 1999. That thing was awesome.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

It's called Norton Go Back. I have it on one of my computers. It's good, whenever somehting messes up and we cant fix it we use that.
System Restore was first released with WinME
I guess I was wrong then.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

I keep hearing I should remove my modem and find a driver and install it, I also heard I should buy a new modem and install the driver or just reinstall windows, all toghether, I mean this just happend for no reason. I can get it to connect once and a while but I don't know why is says "there is no dial tone " when I pick the damn thing up and their is one. It won't dial again until I restart, sometimes it won't complete the login sequence sometimes it will disconnect. I really don't know what to do here, I felt like I tried everything, more suggestions anyone? please!
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Caboose wrote:It's called Norton Go Back. I have it on one of my computers. It's good, whenever somehting messes up and we cant fix it we use that.
Norton didn't own it back then.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

driverguide.com
drivers
all

get the driver there and reinstall it.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

I found 1 friking driver and i didn't try it yet because I am afraid if I risk it my modem won't work at all, may I also ask why do drivers ask for the win 98 disc?