Help needed really bad! PC crisis.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help needed really bad! PC crisis.

Post by Link2k4 »

My Pc is messed up, I get this DSP error sometimes and my net disconnects from my PC and doesn't reconnect, sometimes I have to wait 5 hours to reconnect even when I reboot. I have no viruses cuz I scanned for them, no spy ware and I have no adware for I use spy bot and adware. my Windows disc got stolen and I been crying from fustration. I got reinstall windows and the person that built this PC lives up north from me, can someone please and i mean PLEASE help me with this problem, I am desperate. I use dial up connection and i sometimes notice the bytes transfers are really low when I connect and then it disconnects RIGHT AFTER I connect, I am using a US robotics Modem, please help anyone.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

sounds like blaster worm

hit up the search on microsoft.com and download the fix
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

would that solve the problem?how would that affect my net connection, I will give it a shot that is if my net can stay connected
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

well I used a tool that removes them and IT DIDN"T work, so my modem is still not functioning properly, it connects and then disconnects and says there is no dial tone but there is, any other Ideas?
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Get Broadband internet, if you can.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

Caboose I wish I could afford it but I can't.......but seriously if anyone has a problem like this I would love help. I read this is a common problem but the web sites I found have a stinkin thing that I have to pay to find advice to fix this problem. if you want to specify the problem more, just ask, I really want help bad, I am desperate.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

format c:
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

Update your drivers first. If that don't work try getting one of those phone line filters. I know how bad a dirty line can hurt a dial-up connection.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

LOL @ roofus I liked that joke lol.

should I try updating my modem driver? I clean my phone line with a q-tip and I still have the problem, I will try updating my modem and post news.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

A dirty line doesn't actually mean "dirt" on the line. Its a term meaning unwanted noise that is harmless for regular conversation but sucks for modems.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

well there is no new drivers for my modem is you want to know specifically what it is its a "3 Com U.S. Robotics WIN INT dial up modem" and the part number is "00569800" I looked on the home page and my model can't be upgraded. I know I sound like a broken record but anymore Ideas, I read that my modem my be dying but I don't know, everywhere I go they wan't $50 for a damn phone modem, like officemax and best buy its Fing stupid.
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

Try going to the control panel> Network and Dial-up Connections and delect the current modem connection and start a fresh one. Hope you know how to configure a dial-up connection.
THAN/THEN get it right peoples!
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

lol, a regular 56k pci modem shouldnt run you more then 10 bucks id say, those things are useless and cheap anyway

if you want an external modem then it might be more though

my personal advice, hit up your local geek at work/school for a copy of windows, no doubt he has at least three different versions lying right next to his pile of linux discs (i know i do, well the three versions of win anyway) and do a format
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

well I notice when I connect, the transfers sent and recieved are really low before the modem disconnects. I can't find a modem for $10, not here in michigan anyways, unless it was a cpu store. As for dorks or friends I don't have any of them either. I just wish i had another win CD to reinstall and a new modem then maybe it will work.

still any ideas would be helpful.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

try rolling back the drivers. Or check the system restore feature and resotre your computer back to a date when everything was working properly.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

now that I don't know how to do, can you please elaborate on that, sorry I am not computer illiterate just tell me how to do it. please?
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

ok, no problem. I'll assume you are running windows XP. ok, here's how to use the system restore feature:

1.Click the "start" button
2. Click "run"
3. type in "%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe" but without the quotes. you can just copy and paste it in there if you don't feel like typing it out.
4. Select the option "restore my computer to an earlier time" and then click "next"
5. Select a date when your computer was working properly and then click "next".
6. Click "next" again

Then it should restore your computer tot he date that you chose. For rolling back the drivers, you probably won't need ot do this unless you know you updated the drivers for something and then your computer started doing this. Anyways, to roll back the driver to something:

1. Go to "my computer"
2. Choose "view system information" (it's on the left panel, the first one there)
3. Choose the "hardware" tab and then choose "device manager"
4. Right click the piece of hardware you want to roll the driver back, then select "properties".
5. Click "roll back driver"

Here's a little diagram:

Hope that helps :)

Edit: For some reason it won't show the pic, just copy and paste the url into your browser to see it.

Edit 2: Never mind, I fixed it.
Last edited by Caboose on Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

Try using the modem you've got in a different computer in a different location (either on a different phone line in your house or at a friend's house). Unless you go with a very common/good modem this things can happen to crappy modems.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Jessman.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null