True Crime Glitch

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

True Crime Glitch

Post by Maximo2703 »

i just got True Crime for Gamecube the other night. The game isn't too bad. i just beat GTA 3 so i wanted a little alternative to GTA so i got True Crime. Although i like the game i found a really annoying glitch in the game. And, im wondering if anyone stumbled upon this glitch while playing. When i'm on foot the game kind of like slows down ,and the Welcome to text comes up but it says "Welcome to <No Name>" ,and the game gets like a close up of some polygon or something and almost esstenially freezes. :? :x anyone else getting this dumb glitch
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Can't say I've had that on either my GC or PC version of True Crime.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

i was reading on gamewinners.com that others are having the glitch ,but i wonder if theres a way to avoid it. makes you lose a lot of unsaved data
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Ther are several glitches in True Crime. I used to have the GC version...there were several physics/collision bugs (I've even walked through walls a couple of times), and every once in a while the game would freeze. Console games aren't supposed to freeze :P.

Additinally, the game execution was a little disappointing...there was very little variety in pedestrian models and car types, and the graphics were downright awful. Don't get me wrong: it was a fun game, and there were some interesting ideas. However, the game could have stood another few months in production.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

DaMadFiddler wrote:Ther are several glitches in True Crime. I used to have the GC version...there were several physics/collision bugs (I've even walked through walls a couple of times), and every once in a while the game would freeze. Console games aren't supposed to freeze :P.

Additinally, the game execution was a little disappointing...there was very little variety in pedestrian models and car types, and the graphics were downright awful. Don't get me wrong: it was a fun game, and there were some interesting ideas. However, the game could have stood another few months in production.
yeah i picked up on the collision problem when i was doing a weapon upgrade course nick started going right thru one the walls you are suppose to use for cover. The game overall isn't too bad. i like the combat ,and gun system better than gta 3's although the overall control scheme is a little bit of a pain or at least was designed well enough for the cube. i find myself stumbling over some buttons. As far as graphics they aren't the greatest ,but they aren't the worse either. it always could be worse they could be Jaguar 3D style graphics lol.

i agree though it could of been better if it would of spent at least 6 months extra in production especially with putting some polish on the graphics ,and testing out the bugs.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

I was driving down Rodeo and smacked my car into a gas station, it went right through the pump and got stuck in the garage. True Crime on GC was acceptable (I dont know why), but on all other systems it outright sucked the big one.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

There's also another glitch - the gameplay.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

i found another strange thing that happens during a mission in episode 3 i believe its called a "A Stakeout Gone Wrong". Anyways i found it to be a pain to drive while being chased by the attackers ,and be able to turn around and shoot them without being destroyed. So i would pull into the gas station you see as soon as the mission begins.

well i noticed the attackers would drive on the street next to me even after i get out of the car firing away but never hitting me so i figured i would jump into this back alley little area and try shooting them from there well it was working for awhile then all of sudden the screen would flash white and i would be transported into the middle of the road in direct fire. everytime i tried this little trick the same thing would happen.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Yeah, I've noticed the "flash of white and fly half way across the map" glitch myself.

Buggy as hell, but I liked the game anyway. Sometimes it got me mad though :lol: :evil:

CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

The massive glitches were the only really fun thing about this game tbh.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

The massive glitches were the only really fun thing about this game tbh.
:lol: There's a point.