I got a cube!!!!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I got a cube!!!!

Post by SuperMegatron »

It just arrived if i can find some image hosting I will show it off.
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

Gonna put one of the new PowerLogix duals in it? I miss my cube, but it just didn't have enough horsepower for what I typically do...
"This is worse than when the Raccoon got in the copier!"
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

How much did that cube run you?

I've decided other than maybe a better video card that upgrading my beige G3 isn't worth it (got it for free though with USB, 19 inch monitor, etc), but I'd like to have a dedicated classic machine (my son has edu games that don't play nice under classic). I'm thinking a mini mac or a used G4 with a kvm switch is the way to go. smaller would be better, so I'd be interested to know how much that cube ran. I don't need this for high end stuff or games.
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

Cubes can go anywhere from $300 to well over $1200 depending on what they've done with them. The one I had was a 500MHz G4 which with 1GB of RAM ran much faster than what it should've. It just wasn't the best for any media app (Flash crawled...). My particular cube had some interesting quirks as do most cubes (Sleep mode can cause you odd problems, some connectors will cause the system to just power off, etc.) Upgrades definitely work, but it's an interesting little beast.

All told, I'd just get a mini, you'll have much less trouble in the end.
"This is worse than when the Raccoon got in the copier!"
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

I traded a ibook g3 for it even swap. I traded a gamecube and a isight for a samsung lcd monitor to go with it. My only problem is the keyboard he didnt send it lol