Anyone with Xbox Mechassault or 007 AUF

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Luriden »

I've come to the conclusion that my mobo is too old to use Xboxhdm and do any hotswapping. EvilN is going to loan me a non-solder chip though, so no worries. I'm glad I didn't buy that $80 hard drive on eBay I had my eyes on, I wouldn't have been able to set it up with no Xboxhdm.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

it might not be your mobo, it could be that your just typing in the wrong thing at the xbox hdm screen.

When you load the disc in your pc (after doing the hotswap) pick option 1, then type xbrowser, not xbbrowser, if you have not already tried that you should do it,
if it still doesn't work then it could be that your mobo is too old, or that your not doing the hotswap right, you will know if its one of them cos when you pick option 1 and its loading all the stuff etc when it goes to access your hdd you will get some errors.

Oh yeah, and always back up your eeprom, if you had that you would only have to pop it onto your xboxhdm cd and unlock the xbox hdd and then fix it then relock it again with the eeprom, no need to do a hotswap at all.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Reasons like is are way I tell people to stay away from softmods.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Ok, with xboxhdm i just used the terminal to get stuff done. I dont know about this xbrowser stuff but i think its possible to do with normal linux commands.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Xylene wrote:Reasons like is are way I tell people to stay away from softmods.
Hmm no, simply becos a soft mod is perfectly safe as long as you do it right, and much more easy to install then a mod chip, i don't know when you last checked out soft mods but the UXE ones are perfect, and doesn't have any of that clock loop bullshit or anything like that, and the really is nothing that can go wrong that cant be fixed as long as you back up your eeprom and c drive.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I did pick option 1 at the title, and it reboots when it says it's uncompressing Linux. I don't get any errors, it just reboots without asking. If I pick any of the options 1-3, it does the same. If I pick option 4, it takes me to DOS with unlocking options, but that won't help me. I know it's unlocked because HDD_Driver and fatXbox Explorer both detected it, and HDD_Driver even made a backup image of my hard drive. For some reason though, HDD_Driver doesn't show anything on either side of the split bar (neither local files on my computer nor anything on the Xbox) and fatXbox crashes, I'm guessing it's a VR error.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Hmm no, simply becos a soft mod is perfectly safe as long as you do it right, and much more easy to install then a mod chip, i don't know when you last checked out soft mods but the UXE ones are perfect, and doesn't have any of that clock loop poop or anything like that, and the really is nothing that can go wrong that cant be fixed as long as you back up your eeprom and c drive.

You forgot to mention the "can access xbox live too" part.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

zero wrote:Hmm no, simply becos a soft mod is perfectly safe as long as you do it right
And that's the problem, A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T DO IT RIGHT!
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Xylene wrote:
zero wrote:Hmm no, simply becos a soft mod is perfectly safe as long as you do it right
And that's the problem, A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T DO IT RIGHT!
Yes but them people that cant do a soft mod right most likely wouldn't be able to install a mod chip right too.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

i just recently did my first soft mod, and witin the weekend he got it back, he f'ed up his eeprom because he wanted to change the color of the led.... all that because he didnt have another 5 min for me to open up and solder the 2 points...they work, but there NOT as good. and if you cant solder the 2 jumper points for a tsop flash, or solder the lpc and the do, you should have someone else do your xbox, because although the d0 is small, all you really need to do is push a peice of 30awg in it, and tape/glue it in there....no solder even needed... and with the quick solder chips i recently installed an alladin advanced successfully in under 5 min. you lotterally touch each spot (like 6 or 7) for 2 seconds with a 30watt iron and your set...and the lpc holes are like touching a pencil on a calculator button...

if the no solder mod doesnt work, pm me your email address and ill send you an iso of the xboxhdm i use(d) to install the exploit...

it also depends on the media you write it to. make sure you burn the cd at the slowest speed and the media used is clean, and ive found that for some reason it doesnt like to boot off cdrw's...but the main thing ive found is to burn it at like 4x if not slower.
Last edited by MKE on Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

My softmod has been working for a long time now, works with live fine.

I messed up with them once, and learned my lesson, though.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Yeah all the soft mods i installed are still working fine, i just don't put anything on them that allows them to change anything got to do with the eeprom, like i said, soft mods will work perfect as long as you follow the guides that come with them, and always back up your eeprom, i've had the UDE exploit installed on my xbox since it first came out, and i've had no problems with it at all, and before anyone says anything like "Yeah but the thing is people wont follow guides etc" well then they are not going to follow a guide for installing a mod chip too are they?, plus they would have more chance of messing up their xbox while installing a mod chip then installing a softmod.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I did my softmod okay the first time, and it went well......I did something extremely stupid that fucked it up. I was trying to replace UnleashX with XBMC, I deleted UnleashX and I started transferring XBMC to the main directory, and when UnleashX switched MP3s it froze. I guess it was trying to look for the dashboard when switching songs or something. It froze before I got the XBMC transferred, thus I have no dashboard in E:. It was my bad, it had nothing to do with a softmod, I shoulda just overwritten UnleashX instead of deleting it, I wasn't thinking. If I had installed a chip instead though I wouldn't be trying to fix it right now since I would have the BIOS and the boot disc, though.

Big thanks to EvilN though for sending his Chameleon non solder. He also said I could borrow it long enough to buy a bigger hard drive so I can use the BIOS and install everything on it, instead of using xbhdm which I have no luck with on this computer.
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

EvilN wrote:
I really don't get this. Although I'm in the UK, my Mechassault reads the save that loads EvoX on my Action Replay memory card just fine. Otherwise how would you load EvoX for the first time to install it on the Hard Drive?
You have to copy it from the memory card onto the hard drive. Then load it.
Oh, Ok. It's been too long since I did it :oops:
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Ok, i've been doing some reading up, and i think i might of found a way you can fix your xbox, if your using NKpatcher as your bios loader, and if its in your C drive, then you can burn a dash to a disc and load it up in your xbox to gain ftp access to your xbox and then restore the dashboard.

(i dont know if this will also work with PBL but you could try it with that too if its in your C drive).