Best N64 Emu?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best N64 Emu?

Post by arcticfeather »

Are N64 emulators on the PC up to full speed yet?

I'm lookng to play F-Zero X, Banjo-Kazooie (and Tooie), Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing mainly and a few others that I don't care about as much

I've tried a few emulators which had varying results, so if you could point me in the right direction as to which to use it would be great. My PC specs, if you need them, are:

2.8 Ghz
192 MB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000/9100 IGP (i think that's my graphics card :S)

Not too sure on specs - so they're copied from the details given in "my computer".
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

I use project 64, works perfect on plenty of games
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Good un that PJ64, make sure to have the jabo D3D plugins v6 & v7 as they will cover most things
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

1964 is great too, is PJ64 won't work. (PJ64 won't execute for some reason on my comp.)
"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."
Roofus wrote:Gay marriage and donkey rape are the same thing. Duh. :roll:
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

1964 works well on my 500mhz pc. a little slowdown, but you have a more powerful pc than me.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

For me its 1964 with RiceDaedalus puglins (the best config for F-Zero X) and Project 64 with Jabo's puglins works great apart from sound which could be a lot better on my slow PC.
THAN/THEN get it right peoples!
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Re: Best N64 Emu?

Post by AuroEdge »

arcticfeather wrote:Are N64 emulators on the PC up to full speed yet?

I'm lookng to play F-Zero X, Banjo-Kazooie (and Tooie), Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing mainly and a few others that I don't care about as much

I've tried a few emulators which had varying results, so if you could point me in the right direction as to which to use it would be great. My PC specs, if you need them, are:

2.8 Ghz
192 MB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000/9100 IGP (i think that's my graphics card :S)

Not too sure on specs - so they're copied from the details given in "my computer".
Use PJ64. You're going to want more RAM. Your video card should be okay.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
InvisixIsLeet
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by InvisixIsLeet »

For Linux/Unix users (and also Windows and OSX) there is Mupen64.
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

Surreal for xbox is my fav 64 emu.
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by arcticfeather »

Well after trying Nemu64, PJ64 and 1964. Nemu seems to be the only one that will play anything well, it plays mario 64 near perfectly and banjo-kazooie seems alright - but it seriously crashes when i try to load some roms :S

Will the plug-ins for PJ64 and 1964 make a significant difference? I have the RiceDaedalus plug-in for 1964 but even mario 64 has a lot of graphic problems and runs slowly.

Where can I get the other plug-ins?
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

arcticfeather wrote:Well after trying Nemu64, PJ64 and 1964. Nemu seems to be the only one that will play anything well, it plays mario 64 near perfectly and banjo-kazooie seems alright - but it seriously crashes when i try to load some roms :S

Will the plug-ins for PJ64 and 1964 make a significant difference? I have the RiceDaedalus plug-in for 1964 but even mario 64 has a lot of graphic problems and runs slowly.

Where can I get the other plug-ins?
You're going to need a faster GFX card and a lot more RAM. How can you even stand doing anything with less than 256MB let alone 512MB of RAM? Consider the fact that some games will take up almost half of your RAM alone by themselves, let alone the emulator and the rest of your system.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by arcticfeather »

Ah ok, so it's a problem with my specs. Well nevermind then, it's a laptop i'm using so can't really upgrade. Will have to just give up on the N64 emulation idea and will only be able to play when i'm at home where my N64 actually is
karsh
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by karsh »

hey, havent been on a while. anyway, any hopes of my old 667mhz celeron working with an n64 emu? i tried 1964 before but it wouldnt work or maybe i have to screw around with it a bit. i think i have 64mb of ram on it(not sure, ill check later) and not sure which video card but ill check that later also. maybe a cheap upgrade will do the trick
cky2k3
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cky2k3 »

My laptop is a athlon xp 2400+ (i think) 192mb RAM (64mb taken by gfx) and the same radeon gfx has you

I have no problems running 1964 on most games, the only game i have trouble with is goldeneye as it runs slow on almost any computer running less than 512mb RAM. The rest the games ive thrown at it work great though

try using the latest version of rices gfx plugin 6.1.0c i think is the latest. It is the fastest plugin at the moment and dosn't have many graphical problems at all

i hope that helps
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

The most accurate N64 core emulator is Mupen64.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
karsh
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by karsh »

cky2k3 wrote:My laptop is a athlon xp 2400+ (i think) 192mb RAM (64mb taken by gfx) and the same radeon gfx has you

I have no problems running 1964 on most games, the only game i have trouble with is goldeneye as it runs slow on almost any computer running less than 512mb RAM. The rest the games ive thrown at it work great though

try using the latest version of rices gfx plugin 6.1.0c i think is the latest. It is the fastest plugin at the moment and dosn't have many graphical problems at all

i hope that helps
i know this is a little late in response but THANK YOU :D i finally got an n64 emu almost running at full speed. well i have to use 16bit resolution and cant use it full screen but still, its actually working! now if only i knew this about this atleast 1 year ago when i didnt have a new 3ghz computer :? . lol, nah my sister is enjoying this emu so much and she doesnt have to bug me on my computer to play it. i still cant believe its working on my old computer though, never thought id see the day.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Pretty much any game BUT GE and PD work fine on my setup. I wish GE and PD were a bit faster though :( and there are some gfx issues but they're easily ignored. It's the frame rate that kills them, not unlike while playing PD on the 64 sometimes :P

And btw my setup is Athlon 2000+, 512MB, 256MB gfx.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
antidot
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by antidot »

I use PJ64 here, works great with my logitech pad and tv-out.