Anyone with Xbox Mechassault or 007 AUF

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone with Xbox Mechassault or 007 AUF

Post by Luriden »

Some of you may have heard me bitch and moan in IRC about my Xbox's dashboard being messed up. I used the SC soft mod exploit to mod my Xbox, and that game only lets me load my save from the hard drive, and my exploit save isn't on the hard drive, but on a memory card, so I can't mod it again.

However, I hear that the original versions of Mechassault and 007 Agent Under Fire (original as in not Platinum) let you load your save from a memory card.

I was wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to loan me a copy of one of these games. I will gladly pay for shipping. I've checked all the local rental places and the places that do have them they only have the Platinum version, which is incompatible.

I was going to get a modchip to fix my problem, and have my dad install it. My dad is unable to put it in for me now, I don't know anyone that has experience with this locally, and it would cost a lot to have it sent somewhere to someone who does. I've decided just to stick with the soft mods this time. Like I said, I will pay for shipping and chip in a few extra dollars for effort for anyone that can help me with this.

If this is more of a Null question (not that much of an in depth topic, but more of a plea), then please move it.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Does the Mech Assault that came with XBL work? I have that.
Very sexy hero, omg
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Hmm, I'm not sure. I might have to ask around on that, or maybe someone here would know. Does it say Platinum Hits or anything on it? AFAIK they patched the later versions of it, but I don't know when they released it with XBL.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Ah, nevermind. Someone on Xbox-scene.net just confirmed to me that there neither games read game saves from the memory card. Guess I'm forced to send to my Xbox somewhere and have it modded, I suppose. Damn it. This is going to run me like $100 into the ground after I pay for the modchip and the actual modding itself. o_o
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Why have a memory card if games can't read from it :?

I was gonna say, pay for the shipping and you can HAVE mine. I never play it, and when I do I don't like it. :lol:

And it's not the platinum one either.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Oh, I'll take it anyway though. :P

The guy at X-S said you can read save games, but you can't read exploited saves, which really doesn't help me. I bought the memory card to copy the SC exploit to my hard drive, which did work, but I deleted it so I could put my actual gameplay save back on the hard drive and play it, I figured I was experienced enough to not fuck the system up enough to need it anytime soon. One month later and I guess I was wrong.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

The guy at X-S said you can read save games, but you can't read exploited saves
Aaaaaah. That explains it then.

Hold up... $100 for the chip and the chipping?

I paid $60! And I got ripped off coz the guy had to charge me extra coz it was a 1.6 :roll:

I'm happy with the chip though. It was well worth it

Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

$60 for the chip AND installation? Wouldn't I have to pay $60 for the chip (I'd like to have a nice chip in if I get one, I don't want to be stuck with a crappy chip with crappy features for the rest of the system's life) and then pay money for the installation and the shipping of it...
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Eh, well I dunno how they do things over there.

But here you see people advertise chipping for xbox and PS2. The chipping includes the cost of the chip itself and the installation.

I have absolutely no idea how much a modchip costs because here that's not really needed to know. I'm sure if I asked the guy to put a top-notch chip in he'd charge extra. But all I know is that when you get something chipped here, you're paying for the chip and the installation.

MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

one thing to try before you send it away- get an xbox live disc and try updating the dash....

usually when you load it and try to sign onto xbox live it will tell you to update your dash, but im not sure so...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I don't have XBL. :\ I have the Star Wars Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds with a free XBL MA demo though, and the disc refuses to load. That's the only legit disc I have that won't load.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

they new chips dont really require soldering, most of them are "line them up and screw down" type chips. Like my chip which was a first gen mod chip called "enigma" I had to solder almost 30 wires.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

I really don't get this. Although I'm in the UK, my Mechassault reads the save that loads EvoX on my Action Replay memory card just fine. Otherwise how would you load EvoX for the first time to install it on the Hard Drive?
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

I really don't get this. Although I'm in the UK, my Mechassault reads the save that loads EvoX on my Action Replay memory card just fine. Otherwise how would you load EvoX for the first time to install it on the Hard Drive?
You have to copy it from the memory card onto the hard drive. Then load it.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

another thing you could do is try to hotswap the hdd, i done it lots of times with peoples xbox's and had no problems at all (its how i used to mod peoples xbox's for them before i got my action replay), anyways if you check out http://www.xbox-scene.com you will be able to find guides on hotswapping.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I just opened my Xbox for the first time and I've been trying xbhdm. It's giving me errors and people are ignoring my questions on xbox-scene. I'd like to get in touch with you over AIM if possible.

In case anyone else here may know the answer, though, this is my problem. I hotswapped, and put my XBHDM disc in the PC. It loads up and asks me some options i.e. loading up VGA version, text version, linux tools, or dos with hdd tools. It also has an option to boot kernels. I need Midnight Commander which has a file explorer, but for some reason when i type xbbrowser in boot it says it did not find a kernel for that. AFAIK it should be included. Whenever I choose any of the other options, it says it's loading files, then my computer reboots.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

yeah, hotswapping is a good idea too, espcialy if your just gonna install a chip in it.

theres a couple ways you could do it...but this is the easiest:

you get a copy of xboxhdm and burn it, it's a bootable linux cd for a pc that reads the xbox's fatx file system. if you load a copy of a retail (or exploited) c drive to the c folder on the disc, when you swap the hdd and boot the disc you can rebuild the xbox's c drive with the files on the cd.

it's really easy and takes like 5 min to do. if you send me a pm with your email address (it would probably be great if it was a gmail account so if you dont have one ill invite ya)

but any way, ill email you a couple iso's of the disc (will probably be like 10MB), one will be an exploited dash version, and one will be just a regular retail for youto rebuild and start over.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I don't really need to start over, I just need to put a dashboard xbe file in E:. I already have the default.xbe for it. I already have Xbhdm burned, but it doesnt have Midnight Commander like it should. If I can get a copy of that to work, I can just transfer the default.xbe to the E: root and I'll be set. My C: is already set to go, I altered nothing on that partition since I softmodded, I just accidentally removed the default.xbe one day from E:.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

but any way, ill email you a couple iso's of the disc (will probably be like 10MB), one will be an exploited dash version, and one will be just a regular retail for youto rebuild and start over.
In before the lock?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

In before the lock?
Nice try but that's regarding Xbox exploits. Not ISOs as in warez :roll: