The Ascension Of Vigil

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Tyne »

New version
---------------

- Vigil has a new attack, stand still and hold down attack - its not completely finished yet
- Vigils wall jump kick is now an effect way to combo after his uppercut slice!
- Hit point bars from Wazat's Conquest mod have been plugged into TAoV! Now you're able to see an enemies health!
- Vigil is now able to wall grab when he is in his first set of pain frames while in air, to put it simply; loosened controls.
- New animations on Vigil, his idle frames have improved
- Arch Ghoul & Electric Squid now make an appearence! They've been added to the dungeon level
- Fixed a few minor bugs
- Minor tweaks to a lot of different aspects, every time I play the mod I notice something that could be improved, look better or act better
- Twister now gradually causes enemies to spin around it and be thrown in a random direction most of the time
- Firebeam's damaging has been completely recoded, more faithful on the amount of hits and is now able to hit the Wraith
- Skeleton's feet are no longer sinked into the ground, raised the models Z height by 3
- Vigil's default standing frames have been replaced with a more aggressive one
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Does he have armor on, that whould be cool if he had upgradablearmor throught a level or the game.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

There's already armor upgrades included in the game, simply kill 3 Hell Knights and pick up their armor shards - Vigil's appearence will change, damage taken will be slightly lowered, and he's able to recover faster from being attacked! There's 4 different armor levels.

1. Leather Armor - Default starting armor
2. Chain Mail Armor - Level 1
3. Half Plate Armor - Level 2
4. Full Plate Armor - Level 3

Hope that helps.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Post by Christuserloeser »

:bows: Great job you're doin there :D
Insane homebrew collector.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Thanks, I've decided that I'm going to add the ability for Vigil to swim underwater and explore - maybe possibly climb ledges which would help with wall jumping ... That's if I can do it all properly in Quake!

By the way here is a kick ass demo of castle.bsp being utterly destroyed. Hope you enjoy it, heh.

Download:
http://circa1984.com/renegade/renonly/renegade.rar

Instructions
---

*This demo runs in Darkplaces only*

Uncompress the files inside the archive to your ID1 directory located in the Ascension Of Vigil directory. Load up GLTAoV.EXE and press console (`), now type "playdemo renegade" and sit back and watch the carnage.

Here's a new patch
--
- Blood is better looking, way better looking and is now 2D based and spills on the ground
- Added angular checks to some of Vigil's animations (do a headsmash on sloped ground for example)
- New graphical effect, speed lines have been implemented

Download:
http://circa1984.com/renegade/renonly/TAoVPatch.rar

Example of improved blood ...
malak
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by malak »

:rumpshaker: |/| :kiss) :hulkster:
blackgoldfish.com
coming soon
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Is there anyway to make the edges of the polygons more rounded or shaded to appear round so they don't contrast with the backround so much. Like in the picture above the wall contrasts with the black backround. I'm guessing your limited by the quake engine, but if there was some trick to make them blend in better that whould be cool.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

You mean the level geometry? More level geometry = slower framerate on Dreamcast, bigger level filesize.. and so on. Not really worth it.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

I mean kinda like this.

Even if thats not possible is it possible to make one side of the brick wall darker by using a different texture? So that the insides of the brick wall differ from the side of the wall.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

oh got it, I'll fix that; time to update castle.bsp once more =)
Thanks!

btw,

:o :D
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Can you add in some torches in some areas that whould be cool need some light sources even in medevil times...does this engine allow realtime lighting? Even faked or without light some torches whould look cool.
Last edited by law56ker on Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

cool he's hanging out like prince of persia. time to add some rotoscoped animation :)
leileilol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by leileilol »

law56ker wrote:Can you add in some torches in some areas that whould be cool need some light sources even in medevil times...does this engine allow realtime lighting? Even faked or without light some torches whould look cool.
It DOES support realtime lighting, but the dreamcast never will so that's pointless
POOPOO
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

law56ker wrote:Can you add in some torches in some areas that whould be cool need some light sources even in medevil times...does this engine allow realtime lighting? Even faked or without light some torches whould look cool.
There's candles along the walls, they replaced the Quake torches.. also there is light sources, dungeon.bsp uses em nicely, the title screen is light sourced also, same goes for the menu - etc..

Real time lighting isn't possible on Dreamcast I'm sure.
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

Tyne wrote:Diving Swallow is now a great move to use in an air combo, provided you're near a wall and know how to utilize it. :) ...
Does that say 74 hit combo?!?! :o
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Hawke wrote:
Tyne wrote:Diving Swallow is now a great move to use in an air combo, provided you're near a wall and know how to utilize it. :) ...
Does that say 74 hit combo?!?! :o
Yeah, watch my demo file I posted earlier also - there's larger combos :P
This game is combo heavy if you're fast and agressive enough; it also helps when enemies are in Vigil's path!
RPG
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by RPG »

I've been working on it for quite some time, but Vigil now has the proper spell-selection icons. Here's a pic of him scoping out the new fireball scroll:

UPDATE: I added a set of arrows to show novices to scroll through the list. And there's a scrollbar to show you where you are in the list, too!

<Asaki> Wow! "New Technology - Enlarge Your Manhood With a Patch"
<Friction> Penis_2.0_English.exe.vbs.eml
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

cool i like the fact your adding atmosphere to the levels.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Neato! :o
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

The release may be temporarily delayed by a day, my dog is sick and I'm pretty sad about it; I think she has heart disease (she is old) Image

The good news is that most of the new major features are in and coded, I've just gotta finish Vigil's charge up attack and do some minor entities editing for RPG's sake.