ONLY 68% SPEED?!?!?!?!?!?

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Syd
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Syd »

http://www.tototek.com sells an SNES flash cart that will play 98% of the games fullspeed on your SNES. It was around $150 by the time it got here for me, so go buy one, dump your games to your computer, then put them on the flash cart and play away.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Syd wrote:http://www.tototek.com sells an SNES flash cart that will play 98% of the games fullspeed on your SNES. It was around $150 by the time it got here for me, so go buy one, dump your games to your computer, then put them on the flash cart and play away.
Some people do not want to shell out tha much. Besides fi youa re playing these legaly you will not need that. Or you can just use a computer with tv-out, and a contorler.
tekkaman1 wrote:
ace wrote:
tekkaman1 wrote:Remember that the DC cpu runs at 200mhz. So it's like playing in a pentium 200mhz system.
no, actually it isn't. The hitatchi processor has a completely different way of handling tasks than a pentium does.
The speed of the Snes emulation on DC is very similar to a pentium 200mhz. I have a P 200mhz and a DC.
You are very wrong.
I had an old p133 and it could run most snes games fullspeed.
Then on my frineds 200mhz. With a dos based version of znes it ran all games that I tried full speed.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

zerotype wrote:
tekkaman1 wrote:
ace wrote:
tekkaman1 wrote:Remember that the DC cpu runs at 200mhz. So it's like playing in a pentium 200mhz system.
no, actually it isn't. The hitatchi processor has a completely different way of handling tasks than a pentium does.
The speed of the Snes emulation on DC is very similar to a pentium 200mhz. I have a P 200mhz and a DC.
You are very wrong.
Then on my frineds 200mhz. With a dos based version of znes it ran all games that I tried full speed.
ok, um... You cant compare zsnes to Dsnes because Dsnes is snes9x based. If you want to compare speed, compare a 200mhz p1 running snes9x to Dsnes.

Also, speed for emulation WOULD be similar to that of a 200mhz p1. Althugh the DC's processor is much more powerful for other tasks, for SNES emulation, its power is approximately equal to that of a similarly clocked x86 chip.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

tekkaman1 wrote:
ace wrote:
At least with a pentium 200mhz system you can run ZSNES for DOS which will give you 100% speed and sound. :P
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

I thought this topic was locked..
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

quzar wrote:
zerotype wrote:
tekkaman1 wrote:
ace wrote:
You are very wrong.
ok, um... You cant compare zsnes to Dsnes because Dsnes is snes9x based. If you want to compare speed, compare a 200mhz p1 running snes9x to Dsnes.

Also, speed for emulation WOULD be similar to that of a 200mhz p1. Althugh the DC's processor is much more powerful for other tasks, for SNES emulation, its power is approximately equal to that of a similarly clocked x86 chip.
That's what I was triying to say thanks! :D
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

You can't compare Snes9x to ZSnes. Zsnes is the best there is! I don't know why you mentioned it because we were talking about snes9x on dc not zsnes.
gnomes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gnomes »

the 200mhz SH4 in the Dreamcast is about 360 MIPS.

A Pentium 200mhz is probably closer to 280 MIPS at my best estimate.

They are most certainly not comparable directly like that. There is a lot more power in the Dreamcast, it is just harder to get it out of it.
Reptile1184
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Reptile1184 »

yall are jus talking jibberish... it wont kill you to get out SNES system out from under your bed and spend 5 bucks on Mario RPG. Dont ruin a good thing jus because one game doesnt run well.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Reptile1184 wrote:yall are jus talking jibberish... it wont kill you to get out SNES system out from under your bed and spend 5 bucks on Mario RPG. Dont ruin a good thing jus because one game doesnt run well.
i'd love to see where you could pick up mario rpg for 5$ going rate at the major used game stores is 30$
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Reptile1184
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Reptile1184 »

come to the rio grande valley brother! Mexico is like 20 mins from my casa. ive seen many Snes games for only 5 bucks including mario RPG, Street fighter alpha 2, and many others. Dont mean to rub it in... but if u look hard enough youll find it somwhere cheap.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

yea, you know... the few hundred $ id be spending on the trip there just will make up the difference of course.

anyways this is a discussion of emulation. the core assumption is that for one reason or another you want to use the emulator.
Reptile1184
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Reptile1184 »

really getting off the topic? yes... but you asked. anyways... There is a lot more power in the Dreamcast, it is just harder to get it out of it? what does that mean? Will there ever be a full speed emulator or is it jus impossible?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

SuperFamiCast should be fullspeed by the end of the year.
WaCk0
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by WaCk0 »

quzar wrote:SuperFamiCast should be fullspeed by the end of the year.
:o

April 1st :idea:
Boshi
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Boshi »

quzar wrote:SuperFamiCast should be fullspeed by the end of the year.
we're going to hold you to that.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Reptile1184 wrote:come to the rio grande valley brother! Mexico is like 20 mins from my casa. ive seen many Snes games for only 5 bucks including mario RPG, Street fighter alpha 2, and many others. Dont mean to rub it in... but if u look hard enough youll find it somwhere cheap.
From warez to suspected piracy. Mexico is pretty rampant with pirate carts.

Quzar: I think we need to discuss on AIM, I'm curious, now.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I said should. not will.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

ETR wrote:
Reptile1184 wrote:Mexico is like 20 mins from my casa. ive seen many Snes games for only 5 bucks including mario RPG, Street fighter alpha 2, and many others.
Both Mario RPG and SFA2 uses custom chips (DSP4 and SDD-1, IIRC). They can't be pirated.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Fragger wrote:
ETR wrote:
Reptile1184 wrote:Mexico is like 20 mins from my casa. ive seen many Snes games for only 5 bucks including mario RPG, Street fighter alpha 2, and many others.
Both Mario RPG and SFA2 uses custom chips (DSP4 and SDD-1, IIRC). They can't be pirated.

Isn't that what they said about Megaman X2 & 3?