Shadow the Hedgehog game on the way

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shadow the Hedgehog game on the way

Post by Lunchbox »

Sega unveils Shadow the Hedgehog
"Anti-Sonic" to get his own platform game this fall.

SAN FRANCISCO--The Metreon unveiled its Walk of Game tonight in a ceremony that saw Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog among the 2005 inductees, but the real news is that Sega used the opportunity to unveil a new platform game called Shadow the Hedgehog. Shadow is Sonic's nemesis, first appearing on Sonic Adventure 2. The new game appears to be a Sonic-style adventure with some bold new twists.

The short clip showed off a variety of gameplay from the upcoming platformer that featured familiar Sonic mechanics along with some new additions to the time-tested formula. Among the segments showing Shadow's rail sliding, homing jump, and speed burst abilities, it was hard to miss Shadow packing some heat. Yes, the dark hedgehog rolls strapped with a pistol of some kind, and he appears to have no qualms about using to take out fools in his way.

The environments shown appear to be in the same tribal vein from Sonic's recent console adventures, although as evidenced by the text interspersed among the gameplay, Shadow will be taking players on a tear through the darker side of Sonic's universe. The graphics in the game appear to be along the same lines as those seen in Sonic Heroes.

Although no platforms were given for the game's release, PlayStation 2 and GameCube releases seem like a given, taking into account the Sonic series' past history. The game is scheduled to be released this fall. Expect to see some official details on the game in May at E3 2005, if not sooner.

By Ricardo Torres -- GameSpot
POSTED: 03/08/05 06:14 PM PST
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

Sonic went all downhill starting at Sonic Adventure 2 (SA1 was good). This dark and hero crap is rediculous. They need to make the games like they used to, with just sonic tails and knuckles.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Damn you Yuji Naka! Shadow is DEAD, he died in the end of Sonic Adventure 2! :evil:
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Sonic went all downhill starting at Sonic Adventure 2 (SA1 was good). This dark and hero crap is rediculous. They need to make the games like they used to, with just sonic tails and knuckles.

agreed. then again sonic 3d blast was crap, the sonic levels in SA and SA2 were good. but sonic needs to stay 2D, seriously. anyone ever think of making a 2d sonic game on a next gen console. of course not......

anywho, i dunno what to think of this. i despised sonic heros. sonic is becoming a thing of the past. though sonic advance 3 was fantastic.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Stormwatch wrote:Damn you Yuji Naka! Shadow is DEAD, he died in the end of Sonic Adventure 2! :evil:
You should beat Sonic Heroes :wink:
Btw I loved SA2. I unno if it was just me, but I generaly ignore the story lines. Sonic Heroes was pretty bad though. As each set did not have their own levels, and that made it VERY repeetave.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Stormwatch wrote:Damn you Yuji Naka! Shadow is DEAD, he died in the end of Sonic Adventure 2! :evil:
It's a video game.
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

Last edited by Untamed on Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."
Roofus wrote:Gay marriage and donkey rape are the same thing. Duh. :roll:
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

zerotype wrote:
You should beat Sonic Heroes :wink:
Btw I loved SA2. I unno if it was just me, but I generaly ignore the story lines. Sonic Heroes was pretty bad though. As each set did not have their own levels, and that made it VERY repeetave.
Couple things:

I enjoyed Sonic Heroes. Sure it was repetitive like you mentioned, and had very little replay value, but imo, it was fun.

Secondly, :oops: :oops: I haven't even played any of the Sonic Adventure games on dc since I just really got into the console. For me, I think Sonic's best games were the ones on Genesis, especially Sonic 2...
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Well yes it was fun, but I like my sonic games like sa2. Where it dosent get boring to get ALL the medels. I guess we might as well reveal it to every one. Shadow is really a robot or somethin.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Looks fun to me. That powerup attack looks interesting.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

It was all good until I watched the end of the trailer :| Sonic Team have really lost the plot.

SHADOWY WORLDS OMG!!1
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

i think as long as Shadow is alone as a playable character not garbaged up with this whole cast of selectable characters then it should be fine. even though it would be nice to see a Sonic playable only 3D sonic game sure the rest of the cast could be in the game but only as npc's...then again i think Knuckles needs more of his own game than shadow. i think a 3D adventure game could really give mario a run for his coins. they never allowed knuckles really to shine in the past 3 games.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

I like how they implemented a gun into the Sonic genre. :mrgreen:
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

we need a nice 2d (possibly cell shaded) sonic game
crabcakes
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Invisix wrote:I like how they implemented a gun into the Sonic genre. :mrgreen:
The F.L.U.D.D in Super MArio Sunshine is a gun in all but name, and people did nothing but bitch about that
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Dude, when I was running a video game shop at a local flea market, some parents refused to let me include Super Mario Bros. for the NES, because they thought it was too violent for their kid! :o

People are retards, plain and simple.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Invisix wrote:I like how they implemented a gun into the Sonic genre. :mrgreen:
I don't it honestly looks pretty dumb to me. You know like Final Fantasy X-2 Dumb. You'll get it anyways, play it, then afterwards feel like you wasted money.
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

I watched the trailer and it is going to be crap. The only time guns have been implemented correctly in a sonic game was e102 gamma in sa1. I don't see how anyone could enjoy the tails and robotnik stages in sa2, they are not even remotely related to the sonic gameplay.

All the new sonic characters suck.

I think they should make the games in between 2d and 3d like viewtiful joe.
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

mink03 wrote:we need a nice 2d (possibly cell shaded) sonic game
Yeah something like that would be awesome, the most important thing is maintaining the same perspective of the originals the side view is the only way to play Sonic without having bad camera angles.
THAN/THEN get it right peoples!
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

That trailer makes me want to go back and play the old games...so I will. Bye.