Where to buy a NES RF Adaptor?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Where to buy a NES RF Adaptor?

Post by molotovwars »

I've got my old nes and some games, but no RF adaptor. Im currently looking online, but if you know any sites that carry old accessories and cords, please share. I know I can get one off of ebay but would prefer not to.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Try this site for your needs. I don't know if they've got it or not, but it's worth a try.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
DesertSessions
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DesertSessions »

Give ebay a try. They have everything. Or just go to your local gamestop or ebgames. Hope this helps :)
"Send two dozen roses to Room 424 and put 'Emily, I love you' on the back of the bill." - Groucho Marx
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

hmmm..i seem to remember the snes rf adapter working with NES?? they looked very similar.might give it a try.they both have the single rca styled plug that converts out to a cable plug.

Heres a NES RF Adapter

another NES RF Adapter

and finally an SNES RF Adapter

thing to notice is that they all have the rca styled plug out from console converting to cable..i bet they are backwards compatible...
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Re: Where to buy a NES RF Adaptor?

Post by Smiley »

molotovwars wrote:I've got my old nes and some games, but no RF adaptor. Im currently looking online, but if you know any sites that carry old accessories and cords, please share. I know I can get one off of ebay but would prefer not to.
http://www.nintendo.com still sells them at their Online store, though they might be a bit pricey....In addition, I do believe that the snes rf works with the nes, not sure though......And fun fact, the n64 a/v cable also works with the gamecube!!

Why would you use the rf anyways when you get a much nicer picture with a/v cables?
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

Why would you use the rf anyways when you get a much nicer picture with a/v cables?
proabaly an older tv that only has cable connection
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

NightStalker wrote:
proabaly an older tv that only has cable connection
Okay...well if you can't find an rf switch, I know that some atari website sells these little adapters which plug into the rf cable and plugs into the tv instead of using the switch..sorry that I don't recall the name of the site....I bought one for my colecovision, and it works well...
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

as far as an rf adaptor, I didn't even realize that they had made an A/V cable for the orginal NES, but I'm content with the RF. I also have a super nintendo, but I never had an RF adaptor for it and have just been using the A/V cables from an N64. Anyways i was able to find a decent deal on ebay. I don't know how much I'll still play the NES, but I wanted to be able to, just in case I got that urge. Thanks again.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

well i can confirm that an actual snes authorized rf adapter will work on the nes system...didnt try it on my nes...hehehe....i hooked up a pawnshops today with one the dude had in the case cause he didnt have one for the nes but had one for the snes..and it worked just fine.didnt buy his stuff though..he was a bit pissed i put him thru all that tho...lol
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

haha, yeah i found out an snes one would work on an nes the other day at a friends house.
Kammesennin
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kammesennin »

If you could get ahold of any Nintendo systems RF adaptor you'll be fine, NES SNES N64 and GCN are all swappable with the RF Switch. Getting at least the GCN one should be simple enough. I only happened to realize the backwards compatibility over the years, because my sister lost my SNES one, and she borrowed my NES (with RFSwitch) so i used my N64 RF switch on the SNES, and when i first got my Gamecube i had no way of using the a/v cables so i swapped the rf switch to the gcn and it worked (the only thing is theres an extra connection with GCN and N64, but the thing that plugs into that extra connection is exactly like the other 2 systems, and will work).
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Kammesennin wrote:If you could get ahold of any Nintendo systems RF adaptor you'll be fine, NES SNES N64 and GCN are all swappable with the RF Switch. Getting at least the GCN one should be simple enough. I only happened to realize the backwards compatibility over the years, because my sister lost my SNES one, and she borrowed my NES (with RFSwitch) so i used my N64 RF switch on the SNES, and when i first got my Gamecube i had no way of using the a/v cables so i swapped the rf switch to the gcn and it worked (the only thing is theres an extra connection with GCN and N64, but the thing that plugs into that extra connection is exactly like the other 2 systems, and will work).
Strangely enough, if you have acess to one, a sega master system rf switch will work with the nes.
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

thanks smiley, that'll be good to know when i go about getting a sms, which could potentially come lacking the rf connections.