Problem with ROM disc for DreamSNES...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
sirra
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Problem with ROM disc for DreamSNES...

Post by sirra »

Here is what is going on.
I have succesfully burned the DreamSNES emulator disc.( No hard task since the Nero image is on your site)
I dowloaded the romsdisc.nri file and opened it in Nero. A screen pops up saying "0 files added 0 files deleted" etc. and then I get the screen that the tutorial tells me I should have. ( Go to tutorial if you don't know what I mean)
I right click in the "area" and add new folder "GAMES." I put my SNES Roms in that folder and proceed with the burn. Nero finishes and tells me that everything was successful etc.
I put the DreamSNES disc in my DC and it loads to the menu screen.
I then pop in the Roms disc and press the A button which is connected to the "GAMES" directory I presume. The screen just flashes and nothing happens.
So the question is what is wrong? My ROMS disc, which I have tried to reproduce several times, or the DreamSNES disc?
Thanks for any help on this I really appreciate it.

Also, where can I get the Plain Files so I can put the DreamSNES and the Roms all on one disc. I did this with the NesterDC and I really like that better. Last time I checked, your site didn't have Plain Files to download.
Cool. Thanks.
Lilmuckers
Resident Transvestite
Resident Transvestite

Post by Lilmuckers »

well, the folder with the roms should be called ROMS

but the plain files
at the top of the DREAMSNES page there is a link, it links to a page that has the plain files on it

then use a kti

like Auto Detect Selfbooter to make a DJ / NERO image of the EMU with the ROMS on, then plonk it in your DC and hey!
Last edited by Lilmuckers on Thu Nov 08, 2001 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

The problem here is, on your ROM disc, you also need a directory called sound with a file called 'beautyis.mp2'. This can be found on the disc you burnt with the image and then copied over for your ROM disc :)

Then it should wok fine :D
Lilmuckers
Resident Transvestite
Resident Transvestite

Post by Lilmuckers »

hmm, i didn't need one....

i was a complete dumbass when it came to making SELFBOOT things when i made my DREAMSNES roms disc... and it worked without...

ah well
sirra
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by sirra »

Hey thanks, I will give it a shot, but I think that I only need the sound file if I WANT to hear the sounds.
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

you dont need a sound folder... and btw in theory you can add any mp2 files you want to play... anyways i always use this for selfbooting games...
sirra
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by sirra »

I renamed the folder to ROMS instead of GAMES and it worked fine. I think that someone should change the tutorial for v094 because it tells you to name the folder GAMES. Just thought someone should know. Also, is the technique for putting the roms + emulator on the same disc similar to the technique for NesterDC? BTW thanks for your help.
adamma
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by adamma »

sorry for bothering you, but where can i get that 'romsdisc.nri '-file?
CG1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by CG1 »

betaiotaomega
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by betaiotaomega »

Why doesnt that link to the selfe boot program work! It doesnt work in everywhere i have found it!!! Whats the actual address for the program