SNES vs. Sega Genesis....

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by megaman8x »

oh great another fanboy :roll:

the genisis had a larger library then the snes due to arcades ports and such.
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

Dammit, I hate you people.

I now have to untangle many cords and pull out games and shit and have a go at both.

Arrrggh...

(On topic: I like both :D)
"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."
Roofus wrote:Gay marriage and donkey rape are the same thing. Duh. :roll:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I also like both :D
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

Back in time i was nintendo fanboy.........

whit the years i have become more racional.........

so i will say both......................
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

megaman8x wrote:oh great another fanboy :roll:

alright let me break it down for you, what system was rated #1 years 1992-1995? SNES! what system had the best Arcade to home ports SNES! The only genesis ports that out did the snes was fatal fury and snk fighter (who cares they sucked}. Genesis was the successor in sports..........WOW sports, oh boy the only sports games i found remotely fun was arch rivals, pigskin foot brawl,Mutant league hockey and football.

As for being a fan boy, I am and LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT. and for the #1 system statement if i have to do I will dig up all the magizenes I have to just to prove to those who disagree. also megaman X8, your a sony fanboy, so who are you to talk!
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

DAMMIT. My SNES isn't getting power. IT'S BUSTED! :crying:
"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."
Roofus wrote:Gay marriage and donkey rape are the same thing. Duh. :roll:
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Link2k4 wrote:
megaman8x wrote:oh great another fanboy :roll:

alright let me break it down for you, what system was rated #1 years 1992-1995? SNES! what system had the best Arcade to home ports SNES! The only genesis ports that out did the snes was fatal fury and snk fighter (who cares they sucked}. Genesis was the successor in sports..........WOW sports, oh boy the only sports games i found remotely fun was arch rivals, pigskin foot brawl,Mutant league hockey and football.

As for being a fan boy, I am and LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT. and for the #1 system statement if i have to do I will dig up all the magizenes I have to just to prove to those who disagree. also megaman X8, your a sony fanboy, so who are you to talk!
The Genesis DID have more arcade ports.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

megaman8x wrote:the genisis had a larger library then the snes due to arcades ports and such.
Not all Megadrive arcade ports were good. Outrun, Altered beast etc.

Altho i did prefer the NBA jam games and Street fighter II special CE (AKA turbo) On the MD as they were closer to there arcade counter parts. But that doesn't mean that the SNES ports were crap by any means.

Having a Huge library of games doesn't really mean the games are any better. Look at the PSone and PS2, Huge selection, majority of games are average at best.

Fan-boys will always have their pathetic little reasons for claiming "their" machine is the best :roll:

Both were/are great machines with great games, Be happy with you're choice and respect other peoples.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I did find that almost any game available on both systems was usually better on the SNES then Genesis. Spiderman/X-men vs Arcane on the SNES had more music, better graphics, and more detailed back grounds. However a exception to this was Captain America and the Avengers. The SNES version of that game is pitiful compared to the Genesis version.

I thought the beat em up games (which was my fav during that time) was better on the Genesis. I do have to say I think Mario World was a better game then Sonic 1 though. Even though I love playing SOnic 1 to this day, it just didn't have nearly as much to do as Mario World did. I mean you could explore on Mario World and find secret stages, power ups, and all sorts of stuff. On Sonic 1 it was really your basic Beat 2 stages, 3rd stage boss, beat 2 stages, 3rd stage boss, etc etc. Other then the Chaos emeralds there was nothing more to the game then simply getting through the stage and going to the next.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

what system was rated #1 years 1992-1995? SNES!

I have heard this debate over which console sold better in he years that counted for years.....and I am sick of it...... :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The fact is, that while Sega was encouraging gamers to the next level with expensive add-ons, Nintendo was creating revolutionary titles like Donkey Kong Country and Killer Instinct....games that looked 32-bit, and played well....All sega did was play catch up with Nintendo after Nintendo made its six button controller standard for fighting games, and after they relased that cool super scope 6 thing, to which sega relased their own with the menacer......

Instead of pulling the plug on a dated machine, Sega alienated consumers with these add-ons; who in their right mind would have bought a 32-bit add-on for the genesis with the impending release of the Saturn on the horizon????? the fact is, they screwed themselves.......and imo, that and the suprise ealry release of the Saturn, which not only pisssed off the reatilers, but the gaming world as well, is why Sega is no longer in the hardware business...that is imo, ......and I will gladly pull out my massive video game magazine collection to prove every word.....

If i piss off some sega fan boys, so be it... :roll: :wink:
GustavoSM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by GustavoSM »

Ok, so you don't like the sega add-ons. You just forgot to answer, Sega Genesis or SNES??
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I have answerd already; I love them both, and want this darn war over which was better to end. I have heard all this before on sooo many game forums......

At the time, since I am a die-hard Nintendo fan, I naturally had an snes, but like I said since I fell in love with my saturn and dc, I have gone back and fell in love with Sega's ealry stuff as well with the Genesis and even the sega master system, which I liked better than the nes...but that is another thread.....

The only thing that killed the sms was lack of third party support. And they didn't have it cause Nintendo was having the most popular companies sign an exclusive contract..it was both smart and evil.....but it worked....

To go back, I have tremedous repsect for Nintendo. Not only did they resurrect the gaming market that Atari had killed , but they single-handily revolutionized the gaming world as we know it....that is why I am a die-hard Nintendo fan...... :kiss) :D :D

Maybe someone should close this thread, cause I have seen this whole Sega Gen vs. snes topic incite flame wars in some of my previous forums..... :) :)
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Smiley wrote:I have answerd already; I love them both, and want this darn war over which was better to end. I have heard all this before on sooo many game forums......

At the time, since I am a die-hard Nintendo fan, I naturally had an snes, but like I said since I fell in love with my saturn and dc, I have gone back and fell in love with Sega's ealry stuff as well with the Genesis and even the sega master system, which I liked better than the nes...but that is another thread.....

The only thing that killed the sms was lack of third party support. And they didn't have it cause Nintendo was having the most popular companies sign an exclusive contract..it was both smart and evil.....but it worked....

To go back, I have tremedous repsect for Nintendo. Not only did they resurrect the gaming market that Atari had killed , but they single-handily revolutionized the gaming world as we know it....that is why I am a die-hard Nintendo fan...... :kiss) :D :D

Maybe someone should close this thread, cause I have seen this whole Sega Gen vs. snes topic incite flame wars in some of my previous forums..... :) :)
You do realize that during the NES/SMS and even early in the SNES/GEN struggle, nintendo would strongarm small buisnesses into not selling sega products right? If your store started selling sega merchendise, your awaited shipment of *insert popular game X* would mysteriously be lost and such things.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

quzar, that is what I meant :) :wink: :wink: :wink:
That is why I didn't even KNOW about the sms until sooo many years later. Back then, like you said, the major retailers only carried Nintendo products.....I htink it was smart and like I said a little evil :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I did know that.....At the time when sega was planning the release of the sms they enlisted help from toy manufactor, Tonka, I believe, to help distribute the console.....

btw, this is oof topic, but I HATE when people call x console a system..... :wink: :wink:
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Smiley wrote:Maybe someone should close this thread, cause I have seen this whole Sega Gen vs. snes topic incite flame wars in some of my previous forums..... :) :)
So why start one here? A SEGA dreamcast forum, Where there are bound to be a few SEGA fan-boys. :roll:
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Matisfaction wrote:
Smiley wrote:Maybe someone should close this thread, cause I have seen this whole Sega Gen vs. snes topic incite flame wars in some of my previous forums..... :) :)
So why start one here? A SEGA dreamcast forum, Where there are bound to be a few SEGA fan-boys. :roll:
I was merely starting a thread asking which had the better genre of games, and it errupted into a "my console is better than yours: thread. I love sega as well, as I have stated......I apoligize, but fail to see what I did was wrong.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Well, to put a little water on the flames that are starting to sprout, I have a question a little more geared to nintendo fans. I had stated in an earlier post that one reason I did not have an SNES was that I could only afford one console. Since I was a sports game nut at the time, the Genesis was the better choice for me. However, if I go by my tastes today (mostly rpgs), I feel like I probably missed out one some good gamed of the SNES. I did recently get a GameCube. Aren't many of the classic SNES games ported to the GBA? So, what is that GBA player like for the Cube?
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Smiley wrote:I was merely starting a thread asking which had the better genre of games, and it errupted into a "my console is better than yours: thread. I love sega as well, as I have stated......I apoligize, but fail to see what I did was wrong....
To start off, You're sig doesn't do you any favours.

And secondly, when you're talking about genre of games, different genres are gonna appeal to different people so say someone who likes fighting games is gonna go with the machine that has the better choice of fighting games primarily and pick that. Which kinda makes this thread kinda redundant.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Matisfaction wrote:
Smiley wrote:I was merely starting a thread asking which had the better genre of games, and it errupted into a "my console is better than yours: thread. I love sega as well, as I have stated......I apoligize, but fail to see what I did was wrong....
To start off, You're sig doesn't do you any favours.

And secondly, when you're talking about genre of games, different genres are gonna appeal to different people so say someone who likes fighting games is gonna go with the machine that has the better choice of fighting games primarily and pick that. Which kinda makes this thread kinda redundant.
I agree; who is arguing?
I have already declared that I'd like to see this feud end.....
Last edited by Smiley on Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Smiley it's hypocrital of you to a have pro Sega signature and be so anti Sega.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!