New DC Homebrews - Thoughts, anyone?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Clessy »

to do these multi packs more cds might have to be pressed and its hard to get small amounts pressed. Its really to late to do it now.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

if i might ask... how many have been produced of each of the three games?
ImageImage
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

We may do a multi-pack special for all three in the future, but it wouldn't come in special casing. To make special packaging in a quantity that would be able to be sold, it would probably cost us more to make than we would bump the price for. So that probably won't be happening any time soon, sorry.

There are signed versions of Inhabitants, and there will be signed versions of Maqiupai I think. These will be limited editions, so to speak, and we will start selling them in the near future.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

Oh, and while I'm posting here... for those of you that have received Maqiupai let's see some high scores!
skar
how powerful i am!

Post by skar »

law wrote:if i might ask... how many have been produced of each of the three games?
i'm pretty sure there were 5000 cds of feet of fury produced... and i believe goatdan somewhere mentioned something about either 1000 or 2000 copies of each of the 2 new games... but i'm not sure...
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

I'll say this much about the numbers produced -- Feet of Fury is the only one that is set in stone, and that was the 5000 number. Actually, the exact number was something like 5128.

The other ones we won't release records on how much was sold or anything like that, but their initial runs are 1000 copies. Future runs may be more or less.
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

I'm pretty sure you guys will be able to sell all 1000 within this year. Don't you think?
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

/me hopes so.. i did my share :)
ImageImage
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

finally i found the time to test these jewels...

Overall, for that price, i?d give them 9.5 out of 10 :)
Inhabitants looks very professional, plays great and gets very addictive. Since I haven?t unlocked any features yet (i dont know if there are any to unlock) the only thing I am missing is a puzzle mode.
Maqiupai is as addictive, just like my good old shanghai, only flaws i found are that - it wont tell you that you dont have any possible moves yet
- I didnt find a button to start over a puzzle when i enter the menu
- I and i would have loved real decent pictures in the background much more than the structures...

But thats all minor details i think. Overall I can recommend these games to everyone here.
ImageImage
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

law wrote:- I and i would have loved real decent pictures in the background much more than the structures...
Are you a rasta? Ev'ryt'ing gon' be irie.

Sorry. Back on-topic everyone. Nothing to see here.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

law wrote:Inhabitants looks very professional, plays great and gets very addictive. Since I haven?t unlocked any features yet (i dont know if there are any to unlock) the only thing I am missing is a puzzle mode.
Keep playing. There is stuff to unlock :)
Maqiupai is as addictive, just like my good old shanghai, only flaws i found are that
- it wont tell you that you dont have any possible moves yet
Are you talking about challenge mode or time attack mode? Neither do, but in both cases there was a specific reason for not showing it:

- In arcade mode, you have Shinobi Jokers. You have to decide when to use the Jokers, and if the game told you there were no moves yet you would be able to immediately use them. We wanted the player to have to figure out when to use them, not for the game to tell them. (You can still get hints though)
- For time attack, it isn't in there because if you are trying to form a strategy, it doesn't work and you are left with a few tiles, you can see where they are and so on. If the game just suddenly stopped, you couldn't look at the progress you've made.
- I didnt find a button to start over a puzzle when i enter the menu
For challenge, there isn't a way to do so. If you don't beat a puzzle, you have to try to get to it again to unlock it.
- I and i would have loved real decent pictures in the background much more than the structures...
Sorry... That one I can't help you with!
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

thanks a lot for the answer
ImageImage
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Well, got it today. I'll post my thoughts later.

However, I was impressed with the handwritten envelope. I mean, what says personal pride like labelling envelopes by hand? ;)
Barret7sc
DC Developer
DC Developer

Well

Post by Barret7sc »

I got mine today. And even though I wrote the game, I'm rather impressed. I forgot how good the art looked in print.

Anyway, I'm gearing up to release the first Inhabitants DC bonus pack soon. Clear off a VMU for some extra tile goodness ;)

-B
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Re: Well

Post by impetus »

Barret7sc wrote:I got mine today. And even though I wrote the game, I'm rather impressed.
classic. 8-)
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Just got Inhabitants from Lik-Sang. Soon ill get Maquipai as well. I really like Inhabitants. Especially in multiplayer! Can't wait to try this out with all my friends. Need to play some to unlock stuff. Btw, soon I might post my high-scores if you want to see them!
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

I just got Inhabitants and Maqiuapai today.

I must say, they are a whole lot better than when I last played them. ;)

Inhabitants is good fun, and is one of those games that my whole family likes, as it's pick up and play.

Maqiupai is a nice brain teaser - right up my alley. And the internet high score feature is neat. DCSquares has this too - I really wish more independent games would do this, as it's quite fun.

Though, my reflexes aren't great - so I doubt I'll be getting the high score on any boards any time soon. :)

On a personal note, it was fun to see my nickname in the credits in both games. Unneccessary, but very kind, and much appreciated.