Cannot find any 3.3 volt leds for dreamcast mods....

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cannot find any 3.3 volt leds for dreamcast mods....

Post by Smiley »

I wanted to try a couple of the dc mods, but for the most part, I have been unable to find the 3.3 volt led to use in both the main led mod and the night light mod. I have checked Radio Shack, and have searched the net only to find either 3.8 or the 5 volt ones used in x-box mods....
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

There are some links in the Hardware Mod FAQ over in the Hardware Mod Forum which may help you in your quest.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Thanks.
Last edited by Smiley on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

My local Radio Shack use to sell them but only in Red and this ugly green.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

EBAY PEOPLE, EBAY!! There are always a ton of 50 packs for $8.50 shipped from Hong Kong (they take about a week to get to you) with Buy It Now!
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

You can get away wtih a 3V as well, just remeber to use the right resistor
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

Feel it, Don't think
Crazy Russianz
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Crazy Russianz »

Yea??? Can someone help me, im new to modding, nd i wanted to know to to change the main LED, what are the parameters of the DC LED, and how many mm's do i need 3 or 5>? Sorry i know im a noob but i wanna pimp out my DC
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

Crazy Russianz wrote:Yea??? Can someone help me, im new to modding, nd i wanted to know to to change the main LED, what are the parameters of the DC LED, and how many mm's do i need 3 or 5>? Sorry i know im a noob but i wanna pimp out my DC
3.3V if you're going to go off the controller port board where the DC LED is originallly located or 5v if you want to go off the PSU pins. 5mm is the size of the stock LED. Hope this helps out.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Exactly what DCFan said
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I found one, blue of course. Bought a whole bunch, so I am going to pimp out my DC.....
rhubarb505
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by rhubarb505 »

I used 3.7v on my DC and they work fine.
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot
read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." - Alvin Toffler
h@x
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by h@x »

I can't find any green LED's with the right voltage to work with my modem LED. I read in a tutorial that it must support 3.4v. I don't know what voltage I had in there at first, but it was enough to make it glow yellow. I checked the local Radio Shack and they didn't have any. Should I use a resistor?
I don't have one; you'll get over it. -.-
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

What voltage was it and what Ma rating?
phantasm
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by phantasm »

First of all stop looking for "leds for dreamcast," and look for "L.E.D.s". second the dreamcast night light and fan require 5mm L.E.D.s and the modem does too. I just finished modifying my dreamcast and will submit pictures soon, the guide for the night light is bad and left out a lot about the power supply and everything else, the fan light guide is great with only one typing error. and third, Why can't any of you find L.E.D.s? There everywhere! The best site on the web has honest shipping and honest prices. http://www.LSDiodes.com Has a great selection of many kinds of L.E.D.s and resisters and has specs for them all! it only costs $2 shiping and handeling and you will be happy to know is currently the only L.E.D. sales site on the web that supports mail order so you don't need a creditcard. I tell you all this because most of the posts in this forum sound like young kids because no one here could one good L.E.D. website let along the best! so I decided to help you all out and save you some time and do the right thing by telling you all about http://www.LSDiodes.com. Hope this helps and i just wanted to add that the drill bit size for the L.E.D.s is 3/16 or for metric 4.76mm. all this should help you startoff with a little bit better Idea of what you need. I also recommend zip ties to help hold wires togeather and away from the Power Supply Unit, this will help you achieve a profesional look and not a half assed almost broke my dreamcast look. Hope this helps you on your journey to enlightenment! :wink:
Endow me with the knowledge and tools and I'll build you the future! John Doe is one of the greatest TV series ever created! Let there be no confusion among you! Bring Back JOHN DOE! There can be only one!, BBOOOOYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
I've been waiting for you!, It's never over!