I'm beginning to like EA about now

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by The Kron »

arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Since this is a multi platform game, is there going to be anything cool like super punchout in the xbox and Ps2 versions?
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I rathered him with black hair.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

IGN wrote: Namco's Soul Calibur II is another issue entirely. I'm sure many consider the inclusion of Link in the GCN version of Soul Calibur II to be a very positive thing, but what message is it sending? That third party titles can sell better on the GCN than their PS2 and XBX counterparts, but only if Nintendo hands over its most revered mascot character? It is almost depressing to think of just how niche the user base of GameCube (and Nintendo consoles in general) has become. An incredible fighter like Soul Calibur II would have sold worst on the GameCube if not for the inclusion of Link. Nintendo's audience is so segmented that sports games, role-playing games, and a multitude of other genres are under represented on the Cube because, well, they don't sell.
Same thing applies here too, don't you think?
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

nintendo need to get off their asses next gen make an online punch out revolution
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

I cant think of anything else that would rule harder than online punchout. I was thinking that punchout would make a great DS title because of the wireless play. I cant believe nintendo has gone through 3 consoles without a new punchout game.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Lunchbox wrote:
IGN wrote: Namco's Soul Calibur II is another issue entirely. I'm sure many consider the inclusion of Link in the GCN version of Soul Calibur II to be a very positive thing, but what message is it sending? That third party titles can sell better on the GCN than their PS2 and XBX counterparts, but only if Nintendo hands over its most revered mascot character? It is almost depressing to think of just how niche the user base of GameCube (and Nintendo consoles in general) has become. An incredible fighter like Soul Calibur II would have sold worst on the GameCube if not for the inclusion of Link. Nintendo's audience is so segmented that sports games, role-playing games, and a multitude of other genres are under represented on the Cube because, well, they don't sell.
Same thing applies here too, don't you think?
IGN in retarded speculation shocker! Film at eleven.

SC2 would have sold best on GC even without Link in it.

Why?

There is no DOA or Tekken to compete with it on the GC, its pretty much that, or SSB:M, but you go ahead and state poorly founded speculation on what 'mighta' happened as fact, IGN.

Maybe third party developers would sell more copies of their games on the GC by:

a) not doing lazy shitty half-assed ports that look only slightly better than a PS2, and usually have choppier framerates

b) don't sign exclusivity deals with other consoles so their games come out 6 months later

c) not release shitty generic licenced games where there is a Nintendo brand product that will show it up as the lazy half-assed cash in it is.

PS.

DAMN YOU NINTENDO FOR MAKING ME EVEN VAGUELY CONSIDER BUYING ANOTHER EA GAME. AN EA *SPORTS* GAME AT THAT. :x

Nothing pisses me off more than buying a game for the 'extras' and then finding they are vastly superior to the actual 'real' game: see also DK64, Shenmue

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I know which 'version' of IGN spouted that crap with their 'sports games and RPGs dont sell' BS, but I'd be interested to have it confirmed for me.
Midgey34
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Midgey34 »

Nyarlathotep wrote: DAMN YOU NINTENDO FOR MAKING ME EVEN VAGUELY CONSIDER BUYING ANOTHER EA GAME. AN EA *SPORTS* GAME AT THAT. Mad
Just wait a week or so and buy the game used at EBGames or Gamestop. That way, EA isn't making any money off the sale. Unless of course, you don't buy EA titles because you aren't interested in them.
Remember, the quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Was the boxer you controlled in the Arcade Punch-out considered Little Mac? From what I remember you played a green guy that looked like The Hulk.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
EDIT: I'm pretty sure I know which 'version' of IGN spouted that crap with their 'sports games and RPGs dont sell' BS, but I'd be interested to have it confirmed for me.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/561/561400p1.html
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

its the same mac in the nes punch out and snes super punch out?????
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Lunchbox wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
http://cube.ign.com/articles/561/561400p1.html
thats very interesting; maybe they didn't indoctrinate him with the IGN 'by fanboys, for fanboys' mantra yet, or the writer just transferred over from ps2.ign.com :dontknow:
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Yonke wrote:its the same mac in the nes punch out and snes super punch out?????
ya i think little mac in super punch out on snes and the nes one are the same not sure. i know they had different hair colors now can we have that coach and little mac jogging in pink hahahaha

now i could so see a good use for punch out for ds. one screen you could have the normal view of you fightiing opponent. other screen is the camera on you getting hit so you can see how bad you are hurt. could use touch screen for things like choosing a traing session and other things or use the touch screen for movement in 3d if game is in 3d
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

arrowhead wrote:I cant think of anything else that would rule harder than online punchout.