Question regarding NesterDC v6

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Tiberious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Question regarding NesterDC v6

Post by Tiberious »

I have NesterDC v5, and it works well, and I'd rather not go through a bunch of CD-Rs trying to get v6 to work if a particular issue I've noticed with v5 hasn't been fixed, so here goes:

When running in Normal Auto speed (default), it seems that there's a lag between a buttonpress and the action onscreen (Mega Man/Mario's jumping, for example). Changing to No Skip usually solves this problem, but games run slow/fast depending on situation (in SMB1, it's fast, and the same with non-play points in Mega Man). Now, I could always run at Nromal Auto, but there are times when the delay means death for the character being controlled.

My question is this: has this particular issue been resolved in v6?
If so, I'll change versions and see what I can do about getting a working copy burned. If not, I'll keep using my v5 disk.
Coagulus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Coagulus »

I think 6 is better for controls but to be honest I'd wait to see what Scherzo's NesterDC SE is like when it comes out. No ETA but it will come out I'm sure.
COAGULUS
:;;::;;;;:::;
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I agree.

Though it doesn't fix the problem, NesterDC v6.0 would be worth reburning your collection :wink:
Insane homebrew collector.
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

it wasn't fixed in 6.0, but it has been fixed in SE. speaking of which...
GustavoSM
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by GustavoSM »

ethoscapade wrote:it wasn't fixed in 6.0, but it has been fixed in SE. speaking of which...
waiting for it is draining my vital energy.
I don't complain, though.
Tiberious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Tiberious »

GustavoSM wrote:
ethoscapade wrote:it wasn't fixed in 6.0, but it has been fixed in SE. speaking of which...
waiting for it is draining my vital energy.
I don't complain, though.
Ok... thanks for the info. I'll wait for SE myself, then.