Nester-dc 6.0 dir/folders help?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
dsj1
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nester-dc 6.0 dir/folders help?

Post by dsj1 »

I have 2800 roms I want to know how many roms you can put on 1 cd?
How do you set up the dir? You have the "Games' folder-do you put other folders/dir in the "Games' folder. How many dir can you have? If there is a limit for roms per cd what is it? i know how to make a self-booting cd- just wondering about the directory set-up?
I appreciate it!
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Breathe man, breathe.

I believe the limit of roms is 1,200.

with that many roms, I would make directories with each letter..(in the games folder)
and then inside each letter's folder, I would make folders for 100 roms in each folder..understand ? If you don't, I'll make a screenshot.
Oz
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Oz »

You can put as many roms as you want on a single cd, however nester is limited to 1024 roms for any single directory. So split your roms into sub directories like A-M and N-Z, or split them by region.

Example:

/1stread.bin
/games/USA/Super Mario.nes
/games/JAPAN/Mother.nes
/games/EUROPE/New Zealand Story.nes

Another tip, nester doesnt need the .nes extention and without it the rom selection menus look a lot cleaner.
xjasonx
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by xjasonx »

1024 per dir, even though the emu clearly states its 2048 now.