GOOD NEWS~ Portable Project Back Up!

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GOOD NEWS~ Portable Project Back Up!

Post by riva16 »

I didn't buy a new PSOne board, or buy anything as a matter of fact. I simply starting shorting fuses ont he PSOne motherboard until i got power! I then check for audio/video and eveything works fine!!! I'm will continue work tomorrow! As for my tutorial... Was posted today, unfinished due to quitting, but will continue work of that too now!
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Hey can you tell me what fuses you did this to and how. As I got a freind psone board that I wana bring back to life.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

Yeah, i got a pic of the fuses I took as part of my repair section of my tutorial. I'll post it later. Its easy. I just shorted out one of the 4 1.0 amp fuses that are surface mount, black squares around the area the 5v regulator is. Some say "S.0", yes S.0, OR 1.0.
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

:lol: BE MORE CAREFUL!
wont u be my friend?
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Heh cool, good luck with it again
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

Sorry to change my mind so much, but I got to thinking. Instead of going for a portable, which i probably wouldn't use anyway, why not re-build the whole psone back up, LCD and all, and have a functioning system with mod chip to play all my imports and CDR's? I did that last night. I have a PSone with blue LED, and 6 wire stealth mod chip installed. Simple as that! I don't need a portable. I just needed a PSOne with chipt o play all those games that I can't. Now I can. Only took me about 1 hour 30 minutes to re-build everything. Thats installing the AV Port and controller port back on, re-build the LCD back into its case, find the speakers. A whole bunch of crap. Sorry, but I gave up. What I have is all i really wanted. Just a little smaller before. Anyway. I guess my portable guide is still ended where it did.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Okay, where did you get the modchip? I cant seem to find any less than 20 bucks.

Yes its for copies. ' /me GASPS!' But I want it so that I dont have to use my almost mint ones.

Gave up on the portable, huh? Nice job. I think I may try a portable psone when my psone and lcd come in this week.