any mods for new atari flashback??

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Clarkbar
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

any mods for new atari flashback??

Post by Clarkbar »

I'm hoping someone figures out some way to flash it or add games otherwise. It's a neat little console.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

If you mean to play games? Their are cartdriges that you put in and burn your games to a cd. Then put in a cd player and play the track and ti loads the game up.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

umm... I don't know if you're joking or not, but the Atari Flashback is a new "all-in-one" video game device where it's a unit with two controllers and a bunch of games built in and all you do is plug it in and play.

As for adding games, I don't know. Most of these "TV Games" things are just low-end microcomputers with rom files and emulators built in. This pretty much kills any incentive to try and figure out how to solder a cartdridge slot to one because there's no way to do so when everything is all on one unit.

Personallly, I prefer the open hardware and cartridges over these things any day, but then I've also kept every game and system I've gotten over the years and taken damn good care of them, and fixed them if they needed it. Items like the Atari flashback are geared towards people who, for whatever reason, like retro gaming, but don't have the means to play older games, but want to, and don't feel like going hunting.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Very sexy hero, omg
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

That Genesis is impressive. But he knows his stuff and was lucky that he could reverse engineer it that way
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Nah, almost all of those can be modded to take cartridges. The NES ones can, but the Atari ones aren't even atari games. They use the NES-on-a-chip system with games remade for the NES, so it's a no-go for modding it to take atari carts, since it's not even an atari in there.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

They use the NES-on-a-chip system with games remade for the NES
Wow, would be cool if there was a pinout or something so you could make a very tiny NES
Clarkbar
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Clarkbar »

That would be quite cool.I was just curious....Thought I'd ask.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

I'd be interested in making a tiny genesis or NES, that would be freaking sweet!
Feel it, Don't think
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

try that guys forum. They make portables there.

Umm, the flashback is just a nintendo with ported atari games. Sorry.

You could use a burner(for the roms). There is a topic on this in that guys forum under nes. Or you can just add a 72 pin connector, also at that guys forum.

Yes, it is sweet, and they sell crazily at flea markets. Ive sold three Nesp's for a 100 each at 50 dollars profit using donated nes's and psone lcds with combined shipping.

There is a pinout, try http://www.classicgaming.com/nestable/ . This guy made a working nes and put the beginings of it on his site. After that, you can check that forum, ben hecks.

later.
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

It's sometimes nice to be proven wrong :lol: Actually, that's the first time I've seen a "TV Game" thing modified to take cartridges (but it still seems I was right about the Flashback not being Atari hardware :P ).
dcmodder
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by dcmodder »

that reminds me of the n64 lookin controller that has the 1 or 2 hundred orignal nintendo games on it. the funny thing is that it has the orignal mario and there's nothing nintendo can do about it cause there's only 5 levels of it. :lol:
wont u be my friend?
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

ben heckendorn (benheck.com) had put together a book that will tell you how to portablize all of the portables he has made. The book is a step by step guide. you can alrewady preorder it on amazon. check out http://www.benheck.com
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

thief. I posted about that already.

Anyways, what do you mean only five levels? Which one are you playing? I am playing an n64 type one with some fake gun(small) and a genesis looking control thats blue.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

I've seen those in the mall! i asked the guy if it was legal because it had liscensed games on it and he said he didn't know, he just sold em. Then he got pissed at me because he thought i was trying to get him in trouble,lol.
Feel it, Don't think