Recommend some Scary/horror/thriller Movies.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Thomas
Thomas
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Thomas »

Sin-Tex wrote:Saw, just came out recently. Not very scary but you could say it's a thriller, damn good film to watch.
Saw was really good, but I thought it was a bit predictable.
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

Don't know if you're into either of these, but I particularly like the original, unedited versions of Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead. It doesn't attempt any psycological BS and you can see how much it influenced the Resident Evil series (mainly the first 3 games, but also some of the scenes in the movies as well), so if you like RE, you'll probably like those.

If Japanese psycological and supernatural horror interests you, Ring is not bad, and I was actually surprised at how much they American version followed the original's storyline.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

revengeofLaEternal wrote:Don't know if you're into either of these, but I particularly like the original, unedited versions of Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead. It doesn't attempt any psycological BS and you can see how much it influenced the Resident Evil series (mainly the first 3 games, but also some of the scenes in the movies as well), so if you like RE, you'll probably like those.

If Japanese psycological and supernatural horror interests you, Ring is not bad, and I was actually surprised at how much they American version followed the original's storyline.
well night of the living dead does kinda get into that dramatic/psycological feel but not to the extent of psycological type filmes but mildly otherwise its flesh lovin zombies dont forget day of the dead the groiest of the 3 :) and this october is land of the living dead the 4th and final movie in the series

oh and on the ring see the jap version i thing they made 3 films only seen the 1st
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

One great movie everyone has to like...Evil Dead I, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness :lol:
--==--
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

bruce campbell is god and if you havent seen themw atch them if not u suck. oh and don't forget to see bubba ho-tep bruce plays elvis its awesome
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Stick with classics

Psycho, the orinigal by hitchcock
though the new one isint bad at all.

The orinigal haunting is quite sweet also.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Deep Red
In the Mouth of Madness
It
M.D.C. - Maschera di cera
The Shining
Society
Tenebre
The Ugly
Wrong Turn
Dario Argento's Opera
Cube 1-3
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

They made a third Cube? the second one was so bad I thought it woulda killed it completly
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

gamedudex2 wrote:
revengeofLaEternal wrote:Don't know if you're into either of these, but I particularly like the original, unedited versions of Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead. It doesn't attempt any psycological BS and you can see how much it influenced the Resident Evil series (mainly the first 3 games, but also some of the scenes in the movies as well), so if you like RE, you'll probably like those.

well night of the living dead does kinda get into that dramatic/psycological feel but not to the extent of psycological type filmes but mildly otherwise its flesh lovin zombies dont forget day of the dead the groiest of the 3 :) and this october is land of the living dead the 4th and final movie in the series

oh and on the ring see the jap version i thing they made 3 films only seen the 1st
I have Day of the Dead, but I just didn't like it as much as its predecessors (the ones I mentioned originally). Also, you do have a point about NotLD having a "dramatic/psycological" feel to it, which is largely due to the character interactions and conflicts.

Question about the movie coming out in October: Is it a true sequel? Is George Romero working on it?
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

MystiK wrote:i hope you read this before you make any reckless decisions.

DO NOT RENT/BUY/GO WITHIN TEN FEET OF ''THE VILLAGE''

it's NOT a horror movie in my opinion, and whatever the fudge it is its the most bullsh1t movie i've ever seen.

my suggestion is ''My Little Eye''. I had problems sleeping after that one. It's really disturbing.
Well, as it turns out, I did puchase the Village DVD. You're right that it's not a horror flick. Maybe its drama at best. I gotta say though that The Village does not deserve the bad reviews in any way. The Acting is top notch, story is pretty interesting, and the sound design is also really well done. Yeah, there are plot holes but what MNS movie doesn't have some.

Its a real good movie but not great. I think people would have enjoyed this more if they saw the movie just to enjoy it and not to figure out the "twist".

Let's say that this was your 1st MNS movie you saw and you had no idea about his story telling style, would you have liked this movie more?

I think what happened was that "movie buffs" read a negative review before viewing the movie, then saw it, and adopted the review as their own (which happens a lot I might add).

So, for those of you who haven't seen it, rent it and watch it by yourself at 1st. Just enjoy the movie. Don't think about twists cause there really isn't one here.

I'm very glad I picked up the DVD and I hope more open minded people will pick it up too. It be good for some. Maybe bad for others. But in no way is it Horrible, awful, or BS. Leave those words to describe Jurassic Park 3 or Batman and Robin.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

revengeofLaEternal wrote:
gamedudex2 wrote:

I have Day of the Dead, but I just didn't like it as much as its predecessors (the ones I mentioned originally). Also, you do have a point about NotLD having a "dramatic/psycological" feel to it, which is largely due to the character interactions and conflicts.

Question about the movie coming out in October: Is it a true sequel? Is George Romero working on it?
yes its a true sequel, romero is working on it. I think its in post production now
http://www.georgeromero.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418819/

Land of the Dead (2005)
No poster or movie still available Directed by
George A. Romero

Writing credits
George A. Romero

Add this title to MyMovies Add to MyMovies IMDbPro Professional Details
Genre: Action / Drama / Horror / Thriller (more)

Plot Outline: The living dead have taken over the world, and the last humans live in a walled city to protect themselves as they come to grips with the situation. (more)

User Rating: awaiting 5 votes. Vote Here

Production Notes/Status:
Comments: Since October 11, 2004
Status Updated: 8 October 2004
Note:

Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

For expanded in production information on over 2,500 film and television projects from Announced through Completed, including contact details, visit IMDbPro.com.
Click here for a free trial!

Credited cast:
Lara Amersey .... Teenage Zombie Girl
Pedro Miguel Arce .... Pillsbury
Asia Argento .... Slack
Simon Baker .... Riley
Boyd Banks .... Featured Zombie
Jennifer Baxter .... Number Nine
Michael Belisaro .... Teenage Zombie Boy
Joanne Boland .... Pretty Boy
Krista Bridges .... Teahouse
Darrin Brown .... Bettor
Eugene Clark .... Big Daddy
Christian Estrada .... Zombie
Phil Fondacaro .... Chihuahua
Jason Gautreau .... Gus
Grant Hayes .... Zombie
Dennis Hopper .... Kaufman
Robert Joy .... Charlie
John Leguizamo .... Cholo
Max McCabe .... Mouse
Tony Munch .... Anchor
Tony Nappo
Christopher Allen Nelson .... Veteran soldier
Simon Pegg .... Zombie Cameo
Sasha Roiz .... Manolete
Christopher Russell .... Barrett
Tom Savini .... Blade (Zombie)
David Sparrow .... Arena Policeman
Jeff Teravainen .... Kauffman's Guard
Alan Van Sprang .... Brubaker
Jonathan Walker .... Cliff Woods
Edgar Wright .... Zombie Cameo
(more)

Also Known As:
George Romero's Land of the Dead (USA) (complete title)
Language: English
Color: Color

Trivia: George A. Romero was so impressed with Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright's Shaun of the Dead (2004) that he asked them to appear in this, the fourth part of his "Dead" series, possibly in cameos as zombies. (more)

Tom Savini is going to have an awesome role he will play in the new film as a living person in a scene and come face to face with his dawn of the dead biker character who is now a zombie lol