NesterDC SE - Well What About It?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by impact135 »

any luck on fixing the screen glitching on games like little nemo the dream master and super mario bros 3?

what i mean is the screen on the far right side of the screen it doesnt emulate and the screen looks all garbled.

its only on a few games but little nemo is one of my favorite nes games and its basically unplayable in my eyes because the messed up screen to the FAR RIGHT is way too distracting.

i know its not my roms cuz i did a rom check with a rom checker and it says the rom is perfect ... besides ive download a lot of roms of the same game from lots of different places and it does the same thing with every one.

ALso.. are you gonna fix it so the game genie codes actually work on this version? i was very disapointed with 7.1 because NONE OF THE GAME GENIE codes from the game genie codes download work at all.

Also... the nes arcade games called VS or something like that dont work at all on this emulator.. any chance to include compatablitity for those?
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

Link2k4 wrote:Just enjoy your Nester 7.1 as for me I will be playing my NES, the control lagging on nester PISSES ME OFF so does the button lay out, I want A and B to do poop not X and A, ugh.
Control lagging only happens on 7, 5 or 6 don't have it.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

I liked 6 how you could set up your buttons, i liked 6 but I could have sworn that the lag was still there, maybe I am wrong, thanks for the info though.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

impact135 wrote:any luck on fixing the screen glitching on games like little nemo the dream master and super mario bros 3?

what i mean is the screen on the far right side of the screen it doesnt emulate and the screen looks all garbled.

its only on a few games but little nemo is one of my favorite nes games and its basically unplayable in my eyes because the messed up screen to the FAR RIGHT is way too distracting.

i know its not my roms cuz i did a rom check with a rom checker and it says the rom is perfect ... besides ive download a lot of roms of the same game from lots of different places and it does the same thing with every one.
Nope, these are still like that. They're like that in NNNesterJ too. However, you'll be able to adjust the screen position and size, so it'll be very easy to put that annoying column of tiles off the screen if you must.
impact135 wrote: ALso.. are you gonna fix it so the game genie codes actually work on this version? i was very disapointed with 7.1 because NONE OF THE GAME GENIE codes from the game genie codes download work at all.
I've tested Game Genie codes in the upcoming version, and, yes, they work.
impact135 wrote: Also... the nes arcade games called VS or something like that dont work at all on this emulator.. any chance to include compatablitity for those?
Yes, NesterDC SE will have VS support. Some VS games take a about 20 seconds to finally "boot" up, so it might seem like they aren't working at first, but they will.

Compatibility is just plain better. Not perfect, though. The KOEI games still have garbled graphics. My defense is that they're like that in NNNesterJ too, which is what I used as a reference tool to fix NesterDC's compatibility. Eventually I will use code from other emulators, like NEStopia, to improve compatibility even more, but I don't think that's necessary for this release.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Oh, the button configuration is completely configurable and the button response lag is much less now.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

YAY, thanks scherzo, that is something I am glad to hear. :}
sheng
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by sheng »

still need any more graphic, scherzo? :D
Dream on
Zoe F
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Zoe F »

impact135 wrote:any luck on fixing the screen glitching on games like little nemo the dream master and super mario bros 3?

I actually registered just to answer this question, since I've seen it asked in pretty much every Nester DC SE topic...

If you've ever played the games on a real system, that's how they work. It's the NES' fault, not an emulation error. Emulators seek to emulate the system as accurately as possible, and that includes emulating the flaws in the system.
Scribe99
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Scribe99 »

scherzo wrote: Yes, NesterDC SE will have VS support. Some VS games take a about 20 seconds to finally "boot" up, so it might seem like they aren't working at first, but they will.
I can get those VS. games to boot on my Nester 6.0. They have a negative image though, and there is no way of starting the game as the start button does nothing. The screen flashes insert coin.

Will there be coin support for Nester DC SE? :wink:
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Scribe99 wrote:
scherzo wrote: Yes, NesterDC SE will have VS support. Some VS games take a about 20 seconds to finally "boot" up, so it might seem like they aren't working at first, but they will.
I can get those VS. games to boot on my Nester 6.0. They have a negative image though, and there is no way of starting the game as the start button does nothing. The screen flashes insert coin.

Will there be coin support for Nester DC SE? :wink:
You got what you thought was a negative image because each VS game has its own custom palette different from the NES's stock palette. I have implemented these different palettes in NesterDC SE. And, yes, there is a coin button, fully configurable of course.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

scherzo wrote:You got what you thought was a negative image because each VS game has its own custom palette different from the NES's stock palette. I have implemented these different palettes in NesterDC SE. And, yes, there is a coin button, fully configurable of course.
Nice work scherzo. :mrgreen:
Hobbes T Tiger
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Hobbes T Tiger »

impact135 wrote: what i mean is the screen on the far right side of the screen it doesnt emulate and the screen looks all garbled.
Further on the actual NES glitching, I had an big edge of screen redraw problem on SMB3 as well. I just got used to it after a bit...
Perhaps the emulator is working too well on that score :wink:

I'm really looking forward to this!
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

RBI VS cheapness, OH BOY!