Man sues NBC over televised rodentphagy

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Man sues NBC over televised rodentphagy

Post by Roofus »

I found this on the OCRemix forum of all places
Watching contestants eat dead rats on NBC's gross-out stunt show "Fear Factor" so disgusted a Cleveland man that he has sued NBC for $2.5 million, saying he could not stomach what he saw.

In a handwritten four-page lawsuit filed in federal court in Cleveland on Tuesday, paralegal Austin Aitken said, "To have the individuals on the show eat (yes) and drink dead rats was crazy and from a viewer's point of view made me throw-up as well an another in the house at the same time."

His suit added, "NBC is sending the wrong message to its TV watchers that cash can make or have people do just about anything beyond reasoning (sic) and in most cases against their will."

He said the show caused his blood pressure to rise so high that he became dizzy and light-headed, and when he ran away to his room, he bumped his head into the doorway.

In a brief telephone interview with Reuters, Aitken said, "I am not at liberty to discuss the complaint unless it is a paid-interview situation."

A spokesman for "Fear Factor" said the show would have no comment until it sees a copy of the complaint. The spokesman said the program did feature an rat-eating scene in New York's Times Square on Nov. 8.

Over the years, contestants on the program have eaten some weird things, including ground-up spiders and live worms.
Link
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Wonder if he ever heard of this
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

he'll win too, after all those people were forced to see janet's tit
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

HAHA ran into his room and hit his head. Sounds like somebody just wanting some money.

On a side note I think Fear Factor does prove dumbasses will do anything for money.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Random_Troll wrote:he'll win too, after all those people were forced to see janet's tit
This one is kinda different because he knew the rat was coming though.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

uS OhioENNs R Teh Smart!!

Seriously, I bet he will win the case. Dosen't it have some sort of warning at the beginning of the show explaining what the show is about and such? You know when you turn on Fear Factor, what the show will be about. Common sense seems to be lacking in the world today anymore.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

At least the people on Fear Factor want to work for their money.
Everyone thinks that Fear Factor is going too far and that people are being endangered. Apparently when I watch it, I don't see the part where Rogan is holding a gun to people's heads.
Midgey34
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Midgey34 »

I hate fear factor. It's gone beyond fear and just tries to gross people out or have impossible physical acts to perform (not impossible but hard). Some stuff on there is out right disgusting and frightening (guy w/ cow blood). It's sad what these people will do for money. And its all voluntary, they can walk out at any time.
Remember, the quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

Random_Troll wrote:he'll win too, after all those people were forced to see janet's tit
Oh yes because kids get confused when they see a tit but nothing comes to mind when they see the constant "erectile disfuction" commercials

I would understand if justin started to suck the tit :D
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:
This one is kinda different because he knew the rat was coming though.
We knew the tit was coming eventually too. It was the timing of it that was the culprit.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Morons!

(the people sueing, not you guys ;))
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Sounds like somebody just wanting some money.
Just a bit:
Aitken said, "I am not at liberty to discuss the complaint unless it is a paid-interview situation."
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

zerotype wrote:Wonder if he ever heard of this
I've got to agree with zerotype on this one. There's plenty of stuff on television that would make me sick to my stomach. That's why I change the channel when 'American Idol,' 'The Apprentice,' or whatever 'live-on-an-island-and-bang-somebody-else's-chick' show is hot this week is about to come on. Or, more often, I just stay tuned to TV Land.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I hope they win and something happens to the show. I don't watch it, but I do think it should be taken off the air (along with 95% of all reality shows). I did channel surf one time to see a girl getting needles and pins stuck all over her body, her body a bloody mess and she was balling like a little child, while the host and everyone else were laughing. I personally think that's completely and utterly insane. I'm not a nagging mother, but sometimes don't you think reality shows go a bit too far?
Sicario
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by Sicario »

Fear Factor is just in bad taste, not saying it should be censored, I don't believe in that, it is just sickening tho that people actually keep that bs on the air with their ratings, who in the hell wants to see that. That's really what's wrong with a lot of people in this country tho, they are offended by somethings and not others, violence, grossness is not offensive but nudity is :roll: Thank God for Telemundo :P
Fyifa Is In Love With Drajjia?
Drajjia is so drugs with Fyifa?

-Can I screw your nephew?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

pixel wrote:At least the people on Fear Factor want to work for their money.
Everyone thinks that Fear Factor is going too far and that people are being endangered. Apparently when I watch it, I don't see the part where Rogan is holding a gun to people's heads.
Thats not planned till next season when players have a gun put to there head and are forced to eat maggots dipped in deer urine.
InvisixIsLeet
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by InvisixIsLeet »

In a brief telephone interview with Reuters, Aitken said, "I am not at liberty to discuss the complaint unless it is a paid-interview situation."
The idiot just wants something for nothing. I hope his ass loses this lawsuit. God damned moron.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

So he sues for damages, and wins.

What's that, the cost of his dinner?
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

greay wrote:So he sues for damages, and wins.

What's that, the cost of his dinner?
:lol: Don't forget the cost of renting a steam-cleaning machine for the rug. I imagine he could be out tens of dollars.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

This is ridiculous. It's not like they forced him to watch it. It'd be like if I googled "hardcore sex," clicked on the first link, and got...hardcore sex in return.

Point being that he knew what was coming, and he could've easily turned it off.
Very sexy hero, omg